Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Grakata Riven help.

RogueSpecter

Question

So.... I have a Grakata Riven with 180.9% DMG and 177.3% CC. Is it really even worth going for another roll? Rolled 1 more time and ended up with +43.2% Reload, +136.1 CC, +98.8 CD and skiped on it. I am now on 7 re-rolls. Should I just chill here with the pure DMG increase or try to aim higher? BTW Prisma Grakata is going to be my main. So would like some feedback as to what god tier stats I should try for (I know status and multi/DMG are core) but should base dmg take priority every time even over say high status % with a good multi?  

7 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Suv8894 said:

Wait...you're saying you re-rolled after getting 136/% CC and 98% CD in an Assault Rifle with already 25% CC???

Just one question ...............WHY??

Because wouldn't the base 180.9% scale higher than the CD? Doesn't seem logical to go for the 98% CD when base DMG is so high. I suck at math so.... Might be wrong but it seems like the scaling would be better with higher base dmg instead of CD unless I had over 200% CC to constant proc CD on red crits. 

Edited by RogueSpecter

Just to Clarify... I didn't roll off the 180.9% DMG/177.3% CC. I skipped the CC/CD, and am asking if that was a bad choice VS the pure DMG. Still haven't gotten a solid explanation on that, as to if that was dumb and why? 

Edited by RogueSpecter

3 hours ago, RogueSpecter said:

Just to Clarify... I didn't roll off the 180.9% DMG/177.3% CC. I skipped the CC/CD, and am asking if that was a bad choice VS the pure DMG. Still haven't gotten a solid explanation on that, as to if that was dumb and why? 

According to Warframe Builder, you made the right choice...if I got your build right and if it matters based on how you build.

I guessed at Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Bladed Rounds, 2 60/60 mods, and Riven.  You get about 7k more burst damage with the riven you chose and about 6k more sustained damage.

4 hours ago, RogueSpecter said:

Because wouldn't the base 180.9% scale higher than the CD? Doesn't seem logical to go for the 98% CD when base DMG is so high. I suck at math so.... Might be wrong but it seems like the scaling would be better with higher base dmg instead of CD unless I had over 200% CC to constant proc CD on red crits. 

Oh..I wasn't talking about effectiveness.Both of them will be pretty effective and powerfull.
I was just saying that getting a positive CC + CD without any negatives is really rare.

Base damage often does not take the top spot on a crit based weapon.

When dealing with Crit chance you should consider head-crit damage and often that crit chance performs better, given you have decent aim.

When dealing with Crit multiplier the weapon's base will factor significantly. Prisma Grakata's x2.5 multiplier will allow the stat to have more weight.

Outside of the base values it also matters on how much of each stat you already have.  For primaries, it's often that crit and crit damage are the more valuable stats because the series already has +165% from Serrations and either +165% from Heavy Cal or +155% from Primed Bane. The Riven with 180% Damage and 177% Crit is better simply because It's a 2 roll stat instead of a 3 roll where one of the rolls is not damage based. If you were to take the 177% crit and mix it with the 98% multiplier; you would yield slightly more damage than the 180% damage stat provides and considering the 98% crit is part of a 3 roll, if it were part of a 2 roll. It would be an even higher value.

I've not yet seen a situation where a 3 roll Riven was better than a 2 roll Riven and having a negative is a good thing as long as it's the right stats. The ideal perfect rolls for Prisma Grakata would be +%multishot and +%crit chance with a negative to something dumb like Zoom. Crit multiplier would come in very close, perhaps even better on paper than multishot however you also get free status trigger with multishot which directly translates to more damage output in many cases. In the end any of 2 of the 3 stats would be close enough to not worry about rolling further. Hell, given my record with 40+ rolls on quite a few Rivens, I'd prolly just settle on 180% damage 177% crit.