Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why damage mods aren't always top priority

Shifty9

Funky builds are often underrated. Some "notsometa" builds can totally beat any content between the right hands/mind. But what I like most are funky synergies between frames, like Nekros/Mirage SoF. (I can't count the number of ingame messages about "wtf are those swirling balls on the floor" :clem: )

As usual people will chose the most lazy way to achieve anything. 

On 4/16/2017 at 1:08 AM, Shifty9 said:

It allowed me to get ~20 Corrupted Heavy Gunner Eximus' at level 135 all on the ground and into one spot.

You know what else does that? Nidus. Without saddling you with a worthless build for anything else. And it works outside the simulacrum.

And you know another weapon that can put up a lot of bleed procs? The Lesion. And it can kill even high level enemies from a cold start. It also makes far better use of Condition Overload.

Your build goes around the elbow to get to the A******, with no actual payoff in the end compared to the simple alternative.

14 hours ago, Kierlak said:

You know what else does that? Nidus. Without saddling you with a worthless build for anything else. And it works outside the simulacrum.

And you know another weapon that can put up a lot of bleed procs? The Lesion. And it can kill even high level enemies from a cold start. It also makes far better use of Condition Overload.

Your build goes around the elbow to get to the A******, with no actual payoff in the end compared to the simple alternative.

Nidus doesn't have warcry.

What defines a "worthless build"? If you have fun with it and it kills, how is that worthless?

Ok, so lesion is a good weapon. That doesn't mean the orthos prime isn't a good weapon or can't put up a lot of bleed procs. Really not sure what you were trying to say with your lesion comment. I didn't use condition overload because I was demonstrating the efficiency of straight bleed procs without damage mods (to illustrate my point).

I clearly demonstrated that there was indeed a payoff to experimenting with new builds and I have gone a number of hours in actual missions with builds like this. So yes, it works outside of the simulacrum. You also suggest my build isn't simple when it really isn't a complicated build; it's just different

I didn't post this to say my build is far superior to that of what you suggested. I've clearly stated why I posted it. If you don't like different, why did you comment?