Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raptor Damage Is Kind Of Rediculous.

Paradox13

Hard bosses are always welcome in my opinion. Good on DE for making a challenging boss.

But its not "challenging" that's the problem. It shoehorns people into playing specific frames or they'll have a long and annoying boss fight ahead of them that feels more like something Gears of War rejected for being too boring, than anything any modern game should be using.

Cool so since there's such positive reviews over 1 shotting bosses when are we gonna get a cover system?

Cause you know taking cover is so fast paced and ninja themed.

good, let's ask DE to buff raptor to the point where the rocket/laser can 1-shot everyone, so all players will and NEED to take cover, oh wait... there's this buggy rocket aoe which can damage you even you'r like 5m away from the visual explosion.

Random oneshoting is not a chalenge. As with Jakal's sticky bombs - if you are lucky to get one - you dead, no counterplay to that.

We sould be able to shoot rockets out of the air or something, we need to be activley countering boss effort to kill us, not just suck thumb behind the wall, because its not how it was portraited in trailers (Excalibur bloking  Vor's Death beam with scanna). Its also a good place to fix bloking.

Alow frames to actually create some sort of frontal shield or "brace for impact stance" (ala Royal guard from DMC) that will negate dmg at cost of stamina, end even if dmg is too high - you still negate it but knocked back with shield broken. Here - counterplay to redunculus dmg output.

We really do need a way to prevent being insta-dropped. I was doing phorid runs and with my mag, I got insta-dropped by his daggers. Now, I don't know if they pass through shields and affect health directly or what, but it's really annoying, no, aggravating,  to be running away from them, HIDE from them, and have them seek me around everything and still drop me in one hit. 

Seriously, I went and was using cover against Phorid's daggers and was trying to outrun them and they still caught up and insta-dropped me. Not fun. :

I will also agree that Raptor is a little aggravating. I haven't played the map much due to helping a friend and hearing that his loot table is broken. Unsure if that's fixed. 

I honestly enjoyed him when I fought him earlier today, and even though his rockets are incredibly powerful, the point at which he releases them is also blatently obvious, plus they fire straight, so if you see him fold up his wings, RUN!!!!!. Otherwise you're contending with his mines and gun, both of which only do mediocre damage, but they do it quickly, making you watch your step. Honestly, I had a harder time fighting him with a group of people, than I did solo-ing ambulas on nightmare difficulty.........just saying, that's the direction bosses need to go to be a lot more fun and feel a bit more epic.

Suggestion, take him to an area with no buildings, just crates and such :D. therefore there would be no option to "hide in the building and just pop out to shoot him when his wings are open". Meaning you would actually have to know how to maneuver well ^_^

Hmm this word is interesting. What's it supposed to mean?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/annoying?s=t

an·noy·ing[uh-noi-ing] Show IPA
adjective
causing annoyance; irritatingly bothersome: annoying delays.

an·noy[uh-noi] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
1.to disturb or bother (a person) in a way that displeases, troubles, or slightly irritates.

2.to molest; harm.

Anyone who thinks it's good game design to have a boss that displeases you when playing a game is supposed to be a pleasurable experience should realize it pretty much isn't. Annoying enemies are bad enemies, full stop.

You should probably add in scorpions and moas and disruptors and you know all the other "annoying delays".

Edited by Phasor

Hmm this word is interesting. What's it supposed to mean?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/annoying?s=t

an·noy·ing[uh-noi-ing] Show IPA
adjective
causing annoyance; irritatingly bothersome: annoying delays.

an·noy[uh-noi] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
1.to disturb or bother (a person) in a way that displeases, troubles, or slightly irritates.

2.to molest; harm.

Anyone who thinks it's good game design to have a boss that displeases you when playing a game is supposed to be a pleasurable experience should realize it pretty much isn't. Annoying enemies are bad enemies, full stop.

Dude. 50% of the enemies in the game are designed to annoy.

Random oneshoting is not a chalenge. As with Jakal's sticky bombs - if you are lucky to get one - you dead, no counterplay to that.

We sould be able to shoot rockets out of the air or something, we need to be activley countering boss effort to kill us, not just suck thumb behind the wall, because its not how it was portraited in trailers (Excalibur bloking  Vor's Death beam with scanna). Its also a good place to fix bloking.

Alow frames to actually create some sort of frontal shield or "brace for impact stance" (ala Royal guard from DMC) that will negate dmg at cost of stamina, end even if dmg is too high - you still negate it but knocked back with shield broken. Here - counterplay to redunculus dmg output.

well that's what some of the post in here says right? 1 shotting is good, make more challenging.

a buggy/teleporting raptor with buggy/invisible rocket will be challenging to those players not for me.

oh ya btw, what the radius dmg of those laser/rockets are?? seems like their dmg radius goes further then what u see.

Well this is my personal feedback I found on him.

I seen other people noting you need to run while it extends it wings.

Now here comes the exact probleam. Raptor IS invoulerable (or haves an incredibly smal hitbox) aslong the wings are retracted becaus I killed him three times whit my friends and I noticed that my bullets were bouncing off him the whole time his wings were not extended.

Now this makes the boss a bit challanging alright thaths fine. A boss should have some sort of tactic to fight him.

But as many people stated "hide behind a box then shoot him!" that is repetative and boring as hell I mean seriusly?... You call THAT a challange?.... Melee Hyena to death. Thaths a challange.

But anyway as far I noticed his hitbox is smaler then a shield/mine ospreys hitbox making it incredibly difficult to hit.

My suggestion is reducing one of his attacks damage level to atleast a very heavy damage to most frames but not outright instant kill atleast that will make the players realise what they are up againts and that their misstakes WILL cost them dearly.

I also tested out Iron Skin maxed out againts his rockets.. You can survive a SINGLE rocket whit Iron skin the second rocket will take about 80% of your health and the remmaining of your armour and 900 shields in 1 hit. Now lets see Iron Skin haves a treshold of over 1k dmg and 80% damage reduction. And this boss is capable of dealing enough damage to take off remainin of the Iron Skin in a second shot 900 shields and 250 HP and the remmainder to that damage was 80% reduced. So I ask the devs what is the actual damage on a single raptor rocket? 5000? Or what?

Oh look! Something my gear is too garbage to do! I will go complain on the forums and ask for a nerf!

I can murder Raptor pretty easily. He's not fun, which is the problem. Isn't the whole point of giving bosses more complex behaviors than just 'shoot while standing still, eat bullets, die, drop loot' to make them more fun? Isn't the fact that they're not fun right now a huge problem for that?

Would you care nearly as much if it was called a 'rework', even though the net result is likely to be the exact same thing?

You should probably add in scorpions and moas and disruptors and you know all the other "annoying delays".

Scorpions are terrible enemies due to uncounterable ranged knockdowns with no leadup.

Ancient disruptors are terrible enemies because if you get hit by them, well, that's it. You're staggered, you have no way of getting out of the situation due to no longer having powers, and you're vulnerable. It's nice that they punish you for poor play but they don't do it in a fashion which is even remotely interesting.

Railgun Moas are terrible enemies due to their uncounterable stuns which go through walls. Shockwave moas have a telegraphed, evadable knockdown move.

Why is it that people keep repeating "There are other terrible enemies in the game!" as if it proves their point? Because all it proves is that DE should take their enemy designer, march him out the door, and go to Capcom or Platinum studios and beg them to design the enemies for their game because they clearly know something the DE enemy designer does not, which is "how to make interesting, challenging enemies that don't rely on uncounterable, untelegraphed stun attacks that can be chained to create stunlock". Is this really your argument?

I wanna big, slow Raptor. With slow deadly rockets (damage and AOE is fine, but i can't evade it even with Rush) and fast-but-not-so-deadly energy gun.

Raptor being a huge Osprey supergunship (like, the size of those Mining Machines you destroy in Sabotage missions) with telegraphed but deadly attacks, locational damage, and moderately damaging non-telegraphed attacks, would probably be my ideal. So a bunch of gun turrets shooting Dera shots, a chin turret with a slow-tracking and slow-charging railgun like the railgun Moas, and missile racks.

Most of these weapons would be hidden under armor plate for the fight, so you can see what he's going to attack with because he deploys them. To deal with them you can either evade his attacks or shoot the deployed turrets to deal no damage to Raptor but cancel his attack and stun him.

When hurt he teleports in additional Corpus reinforcements.

He should also teleport enemies in when he's under invulnerability shields.

Use cover.

So you concede Raptor is broken because it absolutely requires you to use cover in a game that isn't a cover shooter?

Thank you very much.

If you don't understand, a boss forcing you to 'use cover' in a game which isn't about hugging walls probably needs a serious look at as a minimum and almost certainly is a badly designed boss.

I have faced Raptor a number of times, without Frost. Use the containers/walls as Cover. Raptor requires you to do more than shoot at him in the open, a very welcome change. I am loving Raptor an Vor now. I actually have to use the environment to fight them. Sure Vor has some glitchy scaling for brandy-new players but that can be fixed.

PS: Nightmare Raptor is amazingly fun and I don't even have Max Serration XD

You know.....again, a challenging boss is a good change of pace, my complaint is remove the buildings from the area so you can't go inside, and have to rely on teamwork, and powers, and strategy to beat him. Thus making him everything BUT A BULLET SPONGE! Which people have been crying about on the forum for a silly long time. I mean, come on, DE finally provides a boss that requires some semblance of thought and strategy, and people are mad? well make him any easier and he becomes a bullet sponge.....so yeah....He's one of the harder bosses in the game, but truthfully, he's still kinda easy >.>.

You know.....again, a challenging boss is a good change of pace, my complaint is remove the buildings from the area so you can't go inside, and have to rely on teamwork, and powers, and strategy to beat him. Thus making him everything BUT A BULLET SPONGE! Which people have been crying about on the forum for a silly long time. I mean, come on, DE finally provides a boss that requires some semblance of thought and strategy, and people are mad? well make him any easier and he becomes a bullet sponge.....so yeah....He's one of the harder bosses in the game, but truthfully, he's still kinda easy >.>.

Everything in the game is "kinda easy" when you come back from almost dead to full shield within 10 seconds of breaking eye contact.

Raptor is no more challenging and requires no more "thought and strategy" than any normal high-level ranged enemy in the game. Bait, beat, retreat, repeat.

And like any other ranged enemy in the game, taking away the cover would make him nigh-unbeatable without Frost, Trinity or some other frame that essentially gives you temporary godmode, because his rockets home in on you and cannot be dodged or escaped from. That alone is enough to signify bad design.

Edited by Winterbraid

I want to know your in game name, the people who can murder him solo.

I will send you a friend request.

I will record you owning this boss, alone. I can record 1080p video on my PC just fine. Or 720p in 60ps.

I will put it on youtube and post it here.

Put up, or shut up.

Edited by DirkDeadeye