Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic Ancients Way Too Op

coolitic

Title says it all. Now toxics do TONS of damage directly to your health (i think it was 75?) Please nerf these guys, they do A LOT of damage that bypasses shields, can charge very fast, and have considerable amounts of hp.

How to beat a toxic ancient:
1) Don't let it be near you.
2) Freeze mods on ANY of your weapons, even melee.
3) Have more than 100 HP.
4) Stay away from it.
5) Have I mentioned that you should stay away from it?
6) If it charges at you, avoid its charge. You can 'easily' do that by running (sprinting, preferably) towards it but slightly at an angle. It will run past you, you will not get damaged and you'll be too far away for it to attack you. He'll also take a while before he can charge you again.
6b) You can also avoid its charge with a very timely sideroll. I only tried it ever so rarely and don't suggest it - my running method works for most of the time. By most, I mean 90+%.
7) AIM FOR THE FEET, or the head if you're that good (and have kunai).
8) STAY. AWAY. FROM. IT.
9) Rolls are very effective at dodging their attacks but need to be timed right. Also very good for getting away from them quickly. I strongly suggest side rolls for dodging, or backward rolls if desperate.
10) Their attacks DO NOT bypass your shields, IIRC. Only their poison aura does. So if you don't hug them, you'll be fine (but you may be knocked down by their attack).

How to be beaten by a toxic ancient:
1) Hug it.
2) Melee it too much with a short-range weapon.
3) Attempt to procreate with it.
4) Aim at the chest.
5) Try to stunlock it (with a short-range weapon).
6) Have less than 100 health left.

I hope my guide was helpful. (SLIGHTLY EDITED FOR YOUR OWN SAKE)

Also

If you think toxic ancients are OP, you haven't met a disrupting ancient, am I right?

Edited by AndryB94

They always did damage to your health bypassing shields.

Yep and it has always been annoying. Not many games have shields that can be bypassed by the enemy, and for a good reason. (self explanatory)

It's especially a cheep shot to frames with low hp or shield because then you have to choose. So if you're on a "caster" frame you're using your powers you're gonna have Focus, Streamline, Flow, and Continuity, after that you only got two slots left. This leaves you having to choose between Redirect ,Vitality, Fast Deflection, and Steel Fiber. That's not so bad, but you can't just throw it all in shield which would otherwise make sense (redirect + fast deflection) just because of one mob, and that would be the toxic ancients. For this one reason alone the current mod system favors the tank load out because your primary goal is all the survivability mods and then the caster stuff is just extra cheese.

Sometimes "just stay away" doesn't work.

Edited by Carcharias

Played alone with a Vauban. 600 HP. I had weak weapons with me. After a while I decided to kill him with a full maxed hit with my Furax: I was instantly killed. This is NOT normal. After this I "tested" the lethalness of the somehow new poison and rushed into another cloud of poison. Similar effect: had 200 HP left for just "touching" the cloud.

Before the patch I was able to hit him with at least two hits before I noticed a decent HP reduction. It was more of a daring rescue but it was possible so don't just say "just avoid contact". They chase me through the whole map on higher levels.

The reason they are OP is because DE only listens to people who use potatoes,formas and platinum. They call this game "easy" because they can one-shot everything that isn't a high level ancient or a boss. This is snown in the dueling room. I once faced a MAG who one shoted my lvl 30 excalibur with a frickin akfurious, so you can imagine why they would call this game ( which you just lost ) easy. It's good to listen to your fans, but sometimes, once in a millenia, during a half red half purple full moon, the EXPERT GAME DEVELOPERS who ACTUALLY HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH GAME DESIGN just know better.

Edited by Lukap99

4) Stay away from it.

6) If it charges at you, avoid its charge. You can 'easily' do that by running (sprinting, preferably) towards it but slightly at an angle. It will run past you, you will not get damaged and you'll be too far away for it to attack you. He'll also take a while before he can charge you again.

6b) You can also avoid its charge with a very timely sideroll. I only tried it ever so rarely and don't suggest it - my running method works for most of the time. By most, I mean 90+%.

8) STAY. AWAY. FROM. IT.

9) Rolls are very effective at dodging their attacks but need to be timed right. Also very good for getting away from them quickly. I strongly suggest side rolls for dodging, or backward rolls if desperate.

10) Their attacks DO NOT bypass your shields, IIRC. Only their poison aura does. So if you don't hug them, you'll be fine (but you may be knocked down by their attack).

1) Hug it.

4) Aim at the chest.

Also

If you think toxic ancients are OP, you haven't met a disrupting ancient, am I right?

/hug

4) Stay away from it.

8) STAY. AWAY. FROM. IT.

1) Hug it.

4) Aim at the chest.

Also

Oh Yeah ?! Can you do that now when they are small in scale, when there are 20 other infested around, including ancient healers and disruptors ?

Can you ?! Well I can't. I could deal with them before and can do it now, but not when there are 20+ of their buddies around who are to kill me.

These enemy spawn increase broke it all. You need to deal with ancients while carrifuly aiming and thinking of your actions, but you can't act that quick when there is a swarm around, you have to save yourself. So either we need to decrease spaws if you want tactic combat vs ancients or make dealing with them simular to light infested(just spray and pray). I would like to see the first option implement. I can't solo to 10 w infested defense with frost anymore, cause the pod is destroyed by 10 acients that came in 5 seconds all together, not to count 8-10 runners and 10+ chargers.

Oh Yeah ?! Can you do that now when they are small in scale, when there are 20 other infested around, including ancient healers and disruptors ?

Can you ?! Well I can't. I could deal with them before and can do it now, but not when there are 20+ of their buddies around who are to kill me.

These enemy spawn increase broke it all. You need to deal with ancients while carrifuly aiming and thinking of your actions, but you can't act that quick when there is a swarm around, you have to save yourself. So either we need to decrease spaws if you want tactic combat vs ancients or make dealing with them simular to light infested(just spray and pray). I would like to see the first option implement. I can't solo to 10 w infested defense with frost anymore, cause the pod is destroyed by 10 acients that came in 5 seconds all together, not to count 8-10 runners and 10+ chargers.

And you just run to the middle of the group and get killed xD

They won't even see you if you are not too close , giving you the time to kill the light infested before killing them . Learn to play , please 

" I can't solo 10 waves infested defense anymore "   .is a poor reason

Edited by Frostmire

Really I don't think that there is any problem with the Toxics, unless two or three catch me in a corner because I was sloppy. Someone was complaining about the game being scaled to folks who spend plats, have formas, and buy potatoes, but I don't spend money on either of those things and I ha e everything I want potatoed and I always have a surplus of formas. I suppose if you have less time you might be forced to spend on platinum OR just not advance as quickly as you'd like, but really this game isn't pay to win, it's pay to be impatient.

Let's look at the reason for which you're playing defense on solo. Are you insane?

I had my college's firewall when I lived at my old place, that meant multiplayer was blocked to me for 2 months. And guess what, I skipped all but the hardest defense missions - I tried one and it's far too hard, not because there's too many enemies but because they come from several directions. That counts for all factions.

In normal missions I don't think I ever had more than 3 infested (excluding other mobs) at the same time. I also died very few time to infested and, IIRC, never to toxic ancients. I'm not the best player ever but I'm just careful, and I did put a Rush mod so that I can leg it if I have to (which is pretty useful to avoid the ancients' charge if you manage to get out of range before they charge at you).

So that's why I keep dying!

Uhm.... Yeah, probably. Infested healers are a lot nicer on the other hand, you can try with them.

Torid, Ogris and Acrid are laughing.

Quite honestly, I've had a little trouble at times with Toxics, but not that much to call them OP. They're a tad annoying, sure, but I've gotten used to them and I switch tactics like a promiscuous individual switches partners. Toxic? Snipe it. Disruptor? Ground Slam/Knockdown or kite. Healer? Meh, just kill it. Whatevs. Juggling those with the others is usually not a problem for me. 

To be honest, the most annoying enemy for me is the Grineer Commanders. I hate getting switch teleported before I have any warning at all. 

Really I don't think that there is any problem with the Toxics, unless two or three catch me in a corner because I was sloppy. Someone was complaining about the game being scaled to folks who spend plats, have formas, and buy potatoes, but I don't spend money on either of those things and I ha e everything I want potatoed and I always have a surplus of formas. I suppose if you have less time you might be forced to spend on platinum OR just not advance as quickly as you'd like, but really this game isn't pay to win, it's pay to be impatient.

Its just tat you have luck... I have complete lots of voids runs. T1 T2 T3... but i only gotten 1 forma. 

Shotguns/Orthos + Reach

What crowd?

Its just tat you have luck... I have complete lots of voids runs. T1 T2 T3... but i only gotten 1 forma. 

>_>

T1's basically don't drop Forma or BPs.

T2's have the same chance to drop Forma BPs as T3's.

T3's have a tiny chance to drop completed Formas.

If you want Formas, rush T2 Raids.  REALLY easy.