Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy 'Titles'

mosaickle

Question

Far out, I really feel like I'm spamming the forums or something, trust me this is an honest genuine question (that will help me in terms of QoL [quality of life])

For my current gear that I'm running, my current missions made me think, I use my melee for squishier enemies (like the normal ones) whereas I save my Tigris for 'bosses' like Bombards etc, but in some (or most) Grineer ship missions it sometimes gets a little dark and I can't tell whether that Grineer has a bombard in the middle of them or they're just all troopers or seekers. When you aim directly at them it tells you 'Seeker'/'Bombard'/'Powerfist/'Whatever', is there a setting in the game which turns it on for everyone you see? So you can tell who's who and you don't have to aim at them to see who they are?

Or do I just have to git gud?

3 answers to this question

I've never seen a setting for such a thing, though evan has a point; it's likely that fiddling with the brightness could shed some... light on the situation.... :cool:

other than that, listening for certain sounds can help tip you off to the presence of a heavy enemy: miter sawblades from eviscerators make a metallic ricochet, bombard rockets make a whoosh type noice, and of course there's the dreaded, bass-filled ratatat of ramparts being fired.

to put it harshly; git gud, unfortunately xD. But it's likely that skill will come with time, in respects to being able to identify enemies at least.

I think you can adjust the brightness setting and make the overall terrain brighter, for me that works, as I play on lowest graphic settings and turn my brightness up a notch so I don't have to squint to see the enemies in the darkness. Just remember to turn off bloom so that your eyes won't bleed from all the flashes though.

1 hour ago, X3Evanescence said:

I think you can adjust the brightness setting and make the overall terrain brighter, for me that works, as I play on lowest graphic settings and turn my brightness up a notch so I don't have to squint to see the enemies in the darkness. Just remember to turn off bloom so that your eyes won't bleed from all the flashes though.

But then I play a 'sunny' or 'snowy' mission and I get blinded
EDIT: Bloom is always off, it gets really distracting, overwhelming and overall overdone (my opinion though)

Edited by Atylia