Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ember] Please Make Accelerant self buff for heat damage or fix its tooltip.

daget24

Tooltip is misleading, says its gonna increase heat damage, doesn't say it does so to the initially affected enemies. And In game it has a duration suggesting its a passive buff to heat damage.

And honestly i think thats how this ability should function , because nothing restricts ember from just spamming it over and over on groups of enemies, and as with anything  it quickly gets old and you just stop caring about using the bloody thing, soo please make it into a buff that just buffs Embers heat damage, rather than damage dealt to enemies affected by the cast.

1 hour ago, Ivan_Rid said:

No, its the only form of reliable CC she has.

I didn't say to remove the cc element, just that using it could place buff on yourself to boost the heat damage rather than make enemies affected be dealt more damage. 'Sides she still has her 3rd and 4 for her cc so i wouldn't really call it the only reliable cc she has.

26 minutes ago, Naftal said:

No, don't be lazy and cast more. She doesn't need another "fire-and-forget" ability.

But its tedious to spam it. Why would you want any ability to feel tedious if you'd want to use it optimally.

Just now, daget24 said:

I didn't say to remove the cc element, just that using it could place buff on yourself to boost the heat damage rather than make enemies affected be dealt more damage. 'Sides she still has her 3rd and 4 for her cc so i wouldn't really call it the only reliable cc she has.

But its tedious to spam it. Why would you want any ability to feel tedious if you'd want to use it optimally.

Pretty much all ability casts are tedious in warframe.

You spam it to get the stun short but powerful stun.

If it was like you want then even less Embers would be useful and stun enemies.

1 hour ago, Naftal said:

Pretty much all ability casts are tedious in warframe.

You spam it to get the stun short but powerful stun.

If it was like you want then even less Embers would be useful and stun enemies.

How so if she's already not that useful of a frame? Her only Shtick being in facerolling through low level enemies. With her CC being as mediocre as it is (Comparatively to other frames at least) Ember should be worked into improving damage dealing elements of her kit, making them more reliable and scalable being you know... Freaking Fire Mage? Her Role should be about blowing entire maps up, not knocking grineer off their legs for 2 secs.

Edited by daget24

39 minutes ago, daget24 said:

How so if she's already not that useful of a frame? Her only Shtick being in facerolling through low level enemies. With her CC being as mediocre as it is (Comparatively to other frames at least) Ember should be worked into improving damage dealing elements of her kit, making them more reliable and scalable being you know... Freaking Fire Mage? Her Role should be about blowing entire maps up, not knocking grineer off their legs for 2 secs.

She doesn't knock down enemies unless someone wastes a mod slot for WoF augment. Her CC is accelerant which is miles better than any knockdowns.

9 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

Making it a selfbuff for Ember would actually be a nerf, cause now only the Ember player can make use of it and the teammates not.

The teammates 95% of the time won't have any heat damage in their loadout, and they wont start using it either because heat combos are just cooler. Especially since Ember never really had much reason to care about the teammates to begin with.

17 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

What you want already exists,  the accelerant augment.  It adds additional heat damage to you and all allies in range while still debuffing all enemies to be weaker to fire.

Its Bad.

19 minutes ago, Naftal said:

She doesn't knock down enemies unless someone wastes a mod slot for WoF augment. Her CC is accelerant which is miles better than any knockdowns.

Yea, but it still doesn't compare to other frames cc nor really works with the theme.

Why people here always defend stuff that is universally panned as being not that good from receiving any buffs.

Just now, daget24 said:

Why people here always defend stuff that is universally panned as being not that good from receiving any buffs.

Because Accelerant is not like that. It's great. It doesn't need buffs.

If you want to buff Ember, look at her 1 and 3 instead.

Edited by Naftal

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

Because Accelerant is not like that. It's great. It doesn't need buffs.

If you want to buff Ember, look at her 1 and 3 instead.

How is it any great, you just press 2 and any nearby enemy gets to scratch their eyes for 3 seconds and for some time left vulnerable to heat damage, heat damage part would be great if you didn't have to cast it on every group to make it effective. I dunno what's the supposed problem with her 3. It pushes any fools back so its a really good panic button, it knocks them down which leaves them vulnerable to ground finishers, and it leaves area effect that periodically damages anything within it.

Just now, daget24 said:

How is it any great, you just press 2 and any nearby enemy gets to scratch their eyes for 3 seconds and for some time left vulnerable to heat damage, heat damage part would be great if you didn't have to cast it on every group to make it effective. I dunno what's the supposed problem with her 3. It pushes any fools back so its a really good panic button, it knocks them down which leaves them vulnerable to ground finishers, and it leaves area effect that periodically damages anything within it.

How is an almost instant cast stun with huge range that doesn't care about LoS not great?

How the hell can you say that Fireblast is really good when Accelerant is miles better.

I think you need to play Ember more before you create feedback threads asking for buffs.

1 minute ago, TaylorsContraction said:

No it's not. It not only adds heat damage to you and your allies, it debuffs all enemies in vicinity to be weak versus fire. And it's got a pretty long duration to boot.

No, it only adds 50% heat damage to you and your allies. Other stuff is just a normal part of the ability. That in its own isn't that good and is merely bad bandaid mod for Accerelant having tedious usage 

4 minutes ago, Naftal said:

How is an almost instant cast stun with huge range that doesn't care about LoS not great?

How the hell can you say that Fireblast is really good when Accelerant is miles better.

I think you need to play Ember more before you create feedback threads asking for buffs.

How does it matter if its instant and doesn't care about LoS  when the duration is just to short to utilize it and is not affected by duration mods, you just have to spam it like old nekros desecrate to make any real use of that. And it doesn't have huge range unless you slot range mods which limit Ember to just being CC frame which this thread isn't about. How does this compare to god mode abilities with the same function like Avalanche or Stomp?

1 minute ago, daget24 said:

No, it only adds 50% heat damage to you and your allies. Other stuff is just a normal part of the ability. That in its own isn't that good and is merely bad bandaid mod for Accerelant having tedious usage 

How does it matter if its instant and doesn't care about LoS  when the duration is just to short to utilize it and is not affected by duration mods, you just have to spam it like old nekros desecrate to make any real use of that. And it doesn't have huge range unless you slot range mods which limit Ember to just being CC frame which this thread isn't about. How does this compare to god mode abilities with the same function like Avalanche or Stomp?

Being instant and not caring about LoS makes it really strong. See how Fireblast for example doesn't have either of these. Fireblast's knockdown also isn't affected by duration mods.

Also, you don't have to have enemies CC'd all the time, if you plan on killing them. Only time when you want long CC is when cheesing a mdef or interception and not killing anything except between the interception waves.

Yes there are other frames that have stronger CC. Those frames don't have autoaimed damage through WoF. Some of the frames are broken OP and need to be nerfed and there's no point in comparing anything to them.

At least my 250% range Ember has no problem doing lvl100 corpus sorties solo, other factions are harder because of armor and arson/caustic eximus.

So..we gonna ignore that my accelerant augment gives me 104% increased heat dmg? I run an accelerant ember. I always have I always will. I jump in. I press 2. i murder everything in the area. i jump away and repeat. its not different than vaub spamming  bastiell every 15 seconds. or ash pressing 3 or 4 every .5 seconds....or octavia pressing control every .25 seconds. or frost pressing 4 every 2 seconds....If you dont like accelerant dont use it or ember. Its obviously not built for your playstyle. so dont ruin it for other players. find something thats more fitting to you. like equinox or something.

6 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Being instant and not caring about LoS makes it really strong. See how Fireblast for example doesn't have either of these. Fireblast's knockdown also isn't affected by duration mods.

Also, you don't have to have enemies CC'd all the time, if you plan on killing them. Only time when you want long CC is when cheesing a mdef or interception and not killing anything except between the interception waves.

Yes there are other frames that have stronger CC. Those frames don't have autoaimed damage through WoF. Some of the frames are broken OP and need to be nerfed and there's no point in comparing anything to them.

At least my 250% range Ember has no problem doing lvl100 corpus sorties solo, other factions are harder because of armor and arson/caustic eximus.

You can do 100lvl sorties with oberon and lato if you try hard enough, thats never a compelling argument to use in somethings defense. WoF Falls of hard the moment enemies start reaching level 30, I don't see frames like Rhino or Frost to be broken OP yet they are hundred times more effective at the exact stuff you just said and having quirks of their own. Fireblast pushes away any melle attacker away and keeps them away while say you are reviving someone, it functions in the role it was designed for. The 5 sec stun won't help you on higher level because the moment 1231 thousand bombards and napalms that appear on high levels, stop stroking their eyes they will instantly one shot you anyway.

2 minutes ago, daget24 said:

You can do 100lvl sorties with oberon and lato if you try hard enough, thats never a compelling argument to use in somethings defense. WoF Falls of hard the moment enemies start reaching level 30, I don't see frames like Rhino or Frost to be broken OP yet they are hundred times more effective at the exact stuff you just said and having quirks of their own. Fireblast pushes away any melle attacker away and keeps them away while say you are reviving someone, it functions in the role it was designed for. The 5 sec stun won't help you on higher level because the moment 1231 thousand bombards and napalms that appear on high levels, stop stroking their eyes they will instantly one shot you anyway.

the instant the 1231 bomards and napalms stand up they will instantly one shot you....the argument works on the 3 case as well. only dif is accelerant gives you more damage if your built ith at least a space for open heat/

Just now, daget24 said:

Melee attackers aren't a problem. Ember has zero reason to stay still or on the ground. Fly around like the warframe you're supposed to be. As I said before, the frames with better CC don't have autoaimed damage through WoF. Also neither Frost or Rhino can use their ultis while in the air, but I guess you just want to stand around.

How can things instantly oneshot you when they have slow projectiles? Do you just let them? This is really, really sounding like the frame is not the problem...

You aren't even asking for a buff to Ember's damage. You just want to have Accelerant damage boost without having to cast it. That will not help Ember in any way at higher levels. It only makes it so your squad members won't benefit.

30 minutes ago, daget24 said:

The teammates 95% of the time won't have any heat damage in their loadout, and they wont start using it either because heat combos are just cooler. Especially since Ember never really had much reason to care about the teammates to begin with.

Its Bad.

Yea, but it still doesn't compare to other frames cc nor really works with the theme.

Accelerant is Embers best ability.  And the accelerant augment is bad? 

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

Melee attackers aren't a problem. Ember has zero reason to stay still or on the ground. Fly around like the warframe you're supposed to be. As I said before, the frames with better CC don't have autoaimed damage through WoF. Also neither Frost or Rhino can use their ultis while in the air, but I guess you just want to stand around.

How can things instantly oneshot you when they have slow projectiles? Do you just let them? This is really, really sounding like the frame is not the problem...

You aren't even asking for a buff to Ember's damage. You just want to have Accelerant damage boost without having to cast it. That will not help Ember in any way at higher levels. It only makes it so your squad members won't benefit.

didnt he also say he didnt want the CC part removed? I ant him to explain how he expects to keep a passive damage boost AND the stun

Just now, Kuestenjung said:

Accelerant is Embers best ability.  And the accelerant augment is bad? 

he claimed its cuz it only gives 50% damage...my 104% accelerant augment is sad.

30 minutes ago, daget24 said:

No, it only adds 50% heat damage to you and your allies.

You forget about faster casting speed and you are running around with 100% powerstrength?

11 minutes ago, daget24 said:

You can do 100lvl sorties with oberon and lato if you try hard enough, thats never a compelling argument to use in somethings defense.

That´s actually the best argument.

11 minutes ago, daget24 said:

Fireblast pushes away any melle attacker away and keeps them away while say you are reviving someone, it functions in the role it was designed for. The 5 sec stun won't help you 

So, a 5sec stun is bad, but knocking them back while they are at you after 5 sec again is great? And you have to recast fireblst too, to knock the next wave of enemies back. so how exactly is it goo while accelerant is bad?

Yes, WoF falls of hard damagewise, but that has nothing to do with Ember, it has something do to with fire itself. If something needs a change then it is fire. And btw, you can use all your guns while WoF is active boosting your damage even more. Maybe you should ask Excal or Mesa if they can do the same.

Edited by Kuestenjung

4 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

You forget about faster casting speed and you are running around with 100% powerstrength?

That´s actually the best argument.

So, a 5sec stun is bad, but knocking them back while they are at you after 5 sec again is great? And you have to recast fireblst too, to knock the next wave of enemies back. so how exactly is it goo while accelerant is bad?

Yes, WoF falls of hard damagewise, but that has nothing to do with Ember, it has something do to with fire itself. If something needs a change then it is fire. And btw, you can use all your guns while WoF is active boosting your damage even more. Maybe you should ask Excal or Mesa if they can do the same.

ya. if accelerant turned into a passive damage boost. it would just get its numbers heavily nuttered. lose its stun effect,and just not work on her kit synergy.
if anything needs a look its her passive...cant use it higer up cuz youd die in a few ticks. Its all about hitting a target with accelerant. blasting them with a heat built weapon (like i have heat/corrosive weapons which is decently common) and i can rock end game stuff just fine.