Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Octavia's anthem

TameruVeil

Question

So I'm doing the Octavia's anthem quest. Up to the second part where you fight waves of sentients. At one point i managed to get to the third wave (where there's 3) before running out of ammo and having to attempt to melee.

Reading up on the sentients and their weakness to the tenno ability, I went back confident and started the first fight. Quickly knocking out the first 3 damage resistances, I used my tenno power, waiting for the resistances to fall off so i could clean up and progress... except they didn't.

Used the entirety of my ability point blank on a single battlyst didn't remove any of the damage resistances. I'm not sure whether or not this is a bug, intentional or just me failing to use the ability, but there's not any amount of ammo that i can carry that can take out 7 sentients with damage resistance. 

3 answers to this question

Have you finished the war within quest, or did you use your focus power ?

The power removing the resistance is [spoil], you get it at the end of the war within. Focus powers don't remove resistances.

The quest is doable without it (I did it before completing the war within), you need a crowd controlling frame (I used rhino), and three good weapon modded with various damage elements (one of those weapon can be the broken war you got in second dream: it is good and it has a potatoe). I also had a zenurik focus with the passive restoring energy, it helps spamming crowd control.

Edited by mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa

Okay, that makes more sense. I hadn't completed the war within yet.

On the other hand, I altered my build to have every element and combo (except viral) and just spam ammo at them, then run away. Since then I have complted octavia's anthem however