Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Krauserlols extensive Ash rework (old)

The_Sharp_Demonologist

Post Updates:

Spoiler

20/04/2017

- Created the post

- Added the pictures and cleaned up the post a bit, HOT DAUM just posted it and i have already edited it like 5 times XD

- Added some clarification regarding Ash Slash procs and Relentless Combination.

22/04/2017

- Removed the Shuriken armor reduction

Ash's problem and the Goal of this rework

Ash has always been in a sort of awkward spot when it comes to Warframe where his kit is not really "bad", his Abilities are completely functional and follow Ash's theme pretty well (That being THE ninja of space ninjas) however there are two skills that bother me: Smoke Screen and Blade storm.

- Smoke Screen feels like a poor man's Invisibility. Loki's invisibility will hide you for almost twice the duration (without mods) and you could say "but smoke screen can stagger enemies" yeah but what's that good for really if it comes and goes so quick? The skill is just a weaker invisibility for all intends and purposes.

- Blade Storm is a different case. The Skill does its job perfectly fine, it does kill almost everything in range with deadly efficiency, the real problem is something that DE has been trying to fix recently: Lack of Player input. Just press 4 and watch Ash obliterate any lesser creature with his clones, the fact that it works doesn't necessarily means it's the right thing to have.

Main Objectives of the rework:

- Ash abilities become varied tools to aid a Tenno's creativity.

- Focused on high priority  target takedowns, like a real ninja.

- Stealth is an alternative, rewarded playstyle.

- Adding flavor to Ash's animations by playing on his theme being "THE Badass Space Ninja"

Proposed changes for the new Ash

EFFICIENT BRUTALITY

Spoiler

Replaces Hemorrhage

Efficient Brutality:

- Combo meter now increases the Damage of abilities as well.

- While Affected by the Combo Counter abilities arent considered a melee for Melee exclusive effects such as Relentless Combination.

- Increases Combo Meter duration by 3 seconds.

- Stacks with similar mods such as Body Count and Drifting Contact.

SHURIKEN

Spoiler

Retooled Mechanic: Throws an enchanted shuriken in a straight line dealing Slash damage and proccing Slash.

- Shuriken travel in a straight path with no fall off.

- Holding the Key will fire shurikens at their max firing speed. Mechanically identical to a thrown secondary.

- Landing shurikens on enemies increases the combo meter.

- Shuriken contact Damage affected by body part multipliers.

- The Bleed DoT inflicts 35% of the initial damage per tick for a total of 7 ticks over 6 seconds. The Bleed damage bypasses armor and shields.

- The Bleed DoT will be affected if the Shuriken hits a body part multiplier (Head, limps), a weak spot (Banshee Sonar, Helios' Detect Vulnerability, etc) and Combo multiplier.

- Considered a one handed action, doesn't interrupts any other previous action.

Shuriken data:

Damage: 30 / 90 / 180 / 250 Slash damage

Range: Unlimited (Stops when colliding with terrain or an enemy)

Shuriken "Fire rate": 5.83

Cost: 25 Energy

Shuriken augments:

Explosive Kunai: Equip Ash with Deadly Explosive Kunais that leave a trail of explosive orbs. Increases cost by 20%

Replaces Seeking Shuriken

- Instead of shurikens the skill throws Kunais with concealed explosives.

- Holding the Key will fire Kunais at their max firing speed. Mechanically identical to a thrown secondary.

- Kunais fire slower and have a distinctive end where the kunai disappears and leaves one last explosive orb.

- Deal Puncture damage on impact and pierces through enemies, leaving a volatile orb every 4 meters it travels that explode 2 seconds after spawning or if an orb explosion reaches its area of effect.

- Kunai impact damage and resulting explosions are affected by body-part multipliers.

- Explosive Kunai refreshes the combo meter only with the Kunai's impact, not the explosions.

- Considered a one handed action, doesn't interrupts any other previous action.

Augment Data:

Damage:

- Kunai Impact: 20 / 90 / 140 / 200 Puncture damage

- Orb explosion: 150 / 160 / 175 / 240 Blast Damage

Range:

- Kunai thrown range: 20 meters

- Orb Explosive radius: 4 meters.

Kunai "Firing Speed": 2.5

Energy Cost: 30 Energy

MODS EFFECTS:

Duration Mods:

- Half Duration affects Explosive Kunai fuse time.

Strength Mods:

- Affects Damage dealt of the shuriken and its variants.

Range Mods:

- Affects Explosive Kunai explosion size and max thrown range.

Efficiency Mods:

- Ability Cost.

Reference Picture:

ash_rework___shuriken_and_passive_by_kra

ASHIKO

Spoiler

Ashiko: Ash dashes where he is aiming kicking the first enemy he comes in contact with.

- Reworked Teleport.

- Dashes at the direction Ash is aiming stopping at the first enemy hit.

- If Ash collides with an enemy that enemy will take damage, slash procced and staggered for 2 seconds while Ash will bounce off perfect for a follow up.

- Connecting an enemy weak spot refunds part of the energy cost, killing the target with the ability will completely refund the cost.

- Damage is affected by body multipliers. Including generated ones like Banshee's Sonar or Helios' Detect Vulnerability precept.

- Connecting an enemy with the dash increases the combo counter.

- Holding the Key allows Ash (and the camera) to turn around at the end of the dash, perfect for follow ups.

- Dashing to an unalerted enemy will perform a silent takedown, killing it instantly if using Hidden Blades. Refunds full energy cost if the finisher kills the target.

Ability data:

Damage: 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 Slash damage

Weakspot refund: 15/20/25/30% energy cost.

Dash Range: 8 / 10 / 16 / 22 Meters

Cost: 25 Energy

Ashiko augment:

Springboard Dropkick: Dropkick foes away with great force before bouncing back.

- Replaces Fatal Teleport.

- Wont trigger finishers on unalerted enemies.

- Dropkicked enemies (that's a term now) will take puncture damage and pushed back in the direction Ash was dashing for twice the distance that Ash would have dashed otherwise as Ash bounces back.

- Every time the target hits an enemy they will take puncture damage, pushed aside and knocked down. The victim takes a bit of damage for each enemy it collides with.

- If the victim is pushed against the wall it will take further damage and be stunned for 3 seconds, open for finisher.

- Kicking an enemy mid air back to the ground will force them into a knock down along with the same condition as if they hit a wall.

- Hitting a grounded enemy diagonally from the air will result in the victim pushed back in a straight path depending on the angle it got hit.

- Combo Counter increases when dropkicking an enemy as well as each enemy it collides with.

- Damage dealt though the entire process will be affected by the Combo meter's current count.

Augment Data:

Dropkick Damage: 100 / 150 / 200 Puncture damage

Colliding damage, Victim: 30% of the ability's damage dealt to the victim.

Colliding damage, bystander: 60% of the ability's damage dealt to the victim.

Colliding damage, Wall: 30% of the ability's damage dealt to the victim.

MODS EFFECTS:

Duration Mods:

- no effect.

Strength Mods:

- Affects all instances of damage.

Range Mods:

- Affects dash range.

Efficiency Mods:

- Won't affect the Energy cost directly, only the refund on weak spot hits. More efficiency more Energy refunded.

Reference Picture:

ash_rework___ashiko_by_krauserlols-db6e9

SMOKE BOMB

Spoiler

Reworked Smoke Screen

(New 3) Smoke Bomb: Ash throws a bomb that creates a smoke screen in an area.

- Taping the key will have Ash throw the bomb directly at his feet. Holding the Key allows Ash to aim and throw the bomb at a certain location.

- The Bomb will only stagger foes if they are alerted or directly hit by the projectile. Opening them up for finishers.

- Enemies hit directly by the bomb will be staggered and suffer impact damage.

- Ash is invisible so long as he remains among the smoke and 3 seconds if he walks out of the smoke.

- Shooting, attacking with melee or taking damage reveals Ash for 3 seconds, no matter the noise level of his weapon. DoT effects won't reveal Ash.

- Ash will become invisible instantly if he is within a smoke bomb's initial explosion. Including bombs used by another Ash.

- Killing a target in the smoke will conceal the body. The body is still there and can be interacted with but enemies will not be able to see them.

- Allies inside the cloud gain the same effects with the same rules.

- Enemies inside the cloud will have their accuracy reduced.

- Ash can only have up to three Smoke Screens at a time. Throwing a new bomb will replace the older one.

Ability Data:

Throw arc range: 10 Meter

Smoke screen radius With: 7 / 8 / 10 / 14 Meters.

Smoke screen radius Height: 2 Meters

Bomb Impact damage: 150 Impact damage.

Smoke Accuracy reduction: 40%

Cost: 35 Energy

Smoke Bomb Augment:

Mending Incense:

- Replaces Smoke Shadow.

- Increases cost by 40%

- Smoke bomb also heals Ash and allies inside the every 2 second.

- Healing is NOT affected by Ash's Passive.

- Doubles the healing amount if the target's health hasn't been damaged in the last 4 seconds.

- Stacking Smoke Screens wont overlap unless it comes from a different Ash.

Augment Data:

Smoke Screen Healing: 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 Hp.

Increased cost: 49 Energy

Poisonous bomb:

- Replaces Tear gas, PvP and PvE

- Enemies inside the cloud will take Viral Damage over time and afflicted with Viral proc so long as they remain inside the cloud or 6 seconds after they leave.

- Enemies who can jump or fly over it are only affected if they ever touch the clouds on the floor.

Augment Data:

Bomb Impact damage: 150 Viral Damage.

Smoke Screen Viral DoT: 100 / 150 / 175 Viral Damage.

MODS EFFECTS:

Duration Mods:

- Smoke duration.

Strength Mods:

- Smoke bomb's impact damage.

- Poisonous Impact and damage over time.

- Incense Healing over time

- Smoke screen Accuracy reduction.

Range Mods:

- smoke screen radius with.

Reference Picture:

ar3_smoke_bomb_by_krauserlols-db6e9c8.jp

HIDDEN BLADES

Spoiler

Replaces Bladestorm

(New 4) Hidden Blades: Ash prepares for the inevitable combat, equipping his hidden blades.

Consist of three weapons: Knives (used in various finishers), Sword (regular combos) and Ashiko (only when feet are used in combat).

- Costs no energy to maintain if Ash is undetected. This counts when enemies are unalerted or Ash is invisible by any means.

- Cant use any other weapon besides his hidden blades.

Ability Data:

Activation Cost: 25 Energy

Maintained cost: 2.5 Energy per second.

Hidden Blades (Weapon)

A deadly collection of blades especially crafted to rip even the toughest of defenses, enhanced through Tenno teachings and powers.

Passive enhancement:

- Increases combo meter and Stealth Multiplier time by 2 seconds.

- Wall latch last 20 seconds.

- Moves 20% faster.

- Passively block 35% of frontal incoming damage and auto parry melee attacks.

- Blocking will block 50% of incoming damage.

- Finishers will always kill the target.

Movement set:

Clean shave: E E E E E

Right Scratch to right, slash to the left, spin, left scratch, right kick, spinning left back kick (staggers).

Blade Storm: E E hold E E E E

Right Scratch to right, slash to the left, spin, spinning back kick (Disarm), kick, kick, axe kick (x2 Multiplier and knock down and ground finisher if last hit connects).

Precision cut: E E block E E E E

Right Scratch to right, slash to the left, hand behind back, right hand cut in three different (right, left, down) directions, backhand (disarms and pushes enemy aside into a knockdown).

Internal Bleeding (Frontal Finisher) Stabs the enemy in the chest with two long blades, Rips them out sideways (Splits the enemy in half).

Spine Check (Back Finisher): Stabs the enemy in the back then stabs them in the face tossing them into the ground.

Murder Heel (Downed enemy): Raises the leg up to his head then slams it down into the enemy.

Wrist Breaker kick (Charge Attack): A horizontal Spinning back kick that deals 3x damage and disarms enemies in a cone in front of Ash, guaranteed to proc slash.

Spinner (Slide Attack and wall attack): Spins forward dealing Finisher damage to all enemies around Ash. 

Abating Grasp (Slam attack): Falls kicking the ground knocking enemies back in a 1 meter radius. If it lands on an enemy it will knock it down and performs a finisher on the enemy.

Neck twister (Mid air attack): Vertical spinning kick, guaranteed to proc slash.

Hidden Arsenal Augment:

Unmatched Agility: While Using Hidden Blades Increases Knock down recovery, Bullet Jump speed, Heavy landing immunity and Movement speed.

- All the stats increase from the Augment stack with their respective mods.

Augment Stats:

Knock Down Recovery: 50 / 100 / 150%

Bullet Jump: 20 / 50 / 80%

Movement Speed: 60 / 90 / 120%

Reference Picture:

ash_rework___hidden_blades_by_krauserlol

Though process for the changes

Shuriken:

A lot of people see Shuriken as a very meh skills, for me it was a blank slate. It only needed something extra to make it a more interesting skill. This new Shuriken works more as a tool to shred important targets and enhance melee combat in combination with his passive.

Shuriken Augment:

For the Explosive Kunai Augment I wanted to make a completely different ability, a new tool that offers a different playstyle based on crowd control rather than single target takedown. Though it can still be pretty deadly when used during those high combo counts.

Teleport / Ashiko:

Of all the abilities Teleport was probably the only one that required minimal changes. Really Ashiko is just Teleport 2.0, fancier name to follow Ash's theme and refined mechanics to aid Ash's focus on melee combat and the innate ability to do a melee finisher on unalerted targets for those who want to go full Stealth Ninja Action.

Ashiko Augment:

Springboard Dropkick was a really fun one, like the Shuriken augment I just made a completely different ability that works in a similar way but fits a different function. And like the Kunai this one is mainly for full on combat and crowd control, or when you wanna roleplay as a Luchador Space Ninja

It was originally going to be a more focused and "serious" ability but once the thought of Ash dropkicking enemies into each other I just had to do it. It was too fun of an idea to not implement it. Hmmm Someone get on that a "Space Ninja Luchador" Skin for Ash... gonna write that down I may have some ideas for it.

Smoke Screen / Smoke Bomb:

Smoke screen was tricky, in its current (live) state it's a poor man's invisibility, just a meh ability overall so I gave it a complete facelift! by facelift I mean I just made it act like a normal Smoke screen does. At first I wanted to make it more like traditional Smoke screens where they hinder visibility for both allies and enemies with big puffs of smoke but I realized that could cause a lot of problems like chugging less powerful computers, Troll Ashes filling entire tiles in smoke, etc.

In the end I kept the visibility reduction as a debuff (shown as accuracy reduction on enemies) while reducing the whole "smoke effect" to floor level while also giving it the ability to make invisible all allies who hide inside it, you know give it some team synergy by default.

Smoke Bomb Augments:

Took me some time to get ideas for each augment... well for the second augment anyways, Poisonous Bomb was a no brainer, I mean come on he is a ninja! ninjas used Poison on anything they could get their hands on!

I actually got the idea for Healing Incense while watching some videos about Naruto's Jutsus and though "yeah healing smoke screen... yeah it could work". It was a bit hard to balance it out so it doesn't just outheal other healers like Trinity (yeah right) or Oberon. It was fun to play around with the idea none the less.

Hidden Blades:

Oh yeah Hidden Blades, the catalyst of many discussions and the main reason I started this rework.

After thinking about some alternatives to Bladestorm, looking through other Ninja tools, abilities and what not but they were either limited by Ash's theme "THE badass Ninja with old school tools" or did not fit with Ash's mobile fighting style. The best option was to give the Hidden Blades as an actual weapon, like many have suggested before.

The hardest part was to give it something unique as we have our fair share of "Exalted Weapon" styles in the game: Excalibur's Exalted Blade, Wukong's Staff, Valkyr's Claws (that also need a rework) so its gonna take some effort for it to stand out.

At first I decided to give it a fighting style similar to that of the Assassins from Assassin's Creed and their fancy hidden blades but the combos weren't good enough no matter how much I played around with the idea, lacked flare and uniqueness , it also needed something else to make it a stand out weapon. It was then when I discovered Covert Lethality giving an instant kill to Daggers Finishers.

From then on I decided to give it more of an Arsenal of Tools to aid him in combat, Later turned into his now three main weapons the "Sword", "Knife" and "Ashiko" each of them used for an specific purpose, the same way Ninjas actually did things back then.

Closing thoughts

Took me quite some time but that's all, for now. Even as I was writing this post I kept finding some details that need changing or clarification so expect this to keep evolving as time passes. And that's where you guys come in! these are just MY ideas for the rework and I would love to hear your opinions about it.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

Hey Kids wanna see something fun! here is a list of all the other abilities i planned to add to Ash's Rework but removed for one reason or another and got em saved cause alot of them could be repurposed for a different frame/weapon or even enemy!

Just friendly warning some are REALLY weird, Have fun!

Spoiler

Efficient Brutality (passive):

- Combo meter now increases the Damage of abilities as well.

- Increases Combo Meter duration by 3 seconds.

- Stacks with similar mods such as Body Count and Drifting Contact.

ENHANCED HIDDEN ARSENAL SET

EFFICIENT BRUTALITY

Replaces Hemorrhage

Efficient Brutality: Combo meter now increases the Damage of abilities as well.

SHURIKEN

Retooled Mechanic: throws a shuriken in a straight line dealing Slash damage and proccing Slash.

- Shuriken travel in a straight path with no fall off.

- Mechanically identical to Throwing Dagger Secondary.

- Landing shurikens on enemies increases the combo meter.

- Headshots will deal increases Damage and stun the target for 2 seconds.

- Repeated Headshots will refresh the Stun and the Slash proc.

Shuriken augments:

Explosive Kunai:

- Instead of shurikens the skill throws Heavy Kunais with concealed explosives.

- Kunais fire slower and have a distinctive travel arc unlike the shuriken.

- Deal Puncture damage on impact and stuck to any object they hit, exploding two seconds after contact dealing blast damage and proccing blast.

- Explosive Kunai only refreshes the combo meter and only with the Kunai's impact, not the explosions.

Shadow Fan Shuriken:

Replaces Seeking Shuriken

- Allows Ash to Throws an Shadow Fan Shuriken witch fires slower than normal Shurikens.

- Shadow Fan shuriken are significantly larger, go through enemies but travel and "fire" slower.

- Shadow Fan Shuriken will only refresh the duration of the combo meter when connecting with enemies.

HIDDEN ARSENAL ENHANCEMENT:

Shuriken:

- Shurikens removes 35% of their Max armor. Increasing the damage based on the removed armor.

- Armor reduction will always use Max armor and not current armor.

Shadow fan shuriken:

- Amplified Shadow Fan energizes Shuriken increasing its size significantly.

Explosive Kunai:

- Amplified Kunai pierces through enemies and leaves a volatile orb every meter it travels that explode 2 seconds after spawning.

MODS EFFECTS:

Duration Mods:

- Explosive Kunai fuse time.

Strength Mods:

- Damage dealt of the shuriken and its variants.

Range Mods:

- Increases Explosive Kunai explosion size

- Enhanced Shadow fan size.

STRANGLE LINE:

(New 2) Strangle line: Throws a thin wire kunai at the enemy, wrapping the wire around the target's most vulnerable area (mostly the head), next phase can vary if the key is pressed or held:

Holding the key:

- Pulls the enemy towards Ash, where Ash will proceed to strangle the target dealing Finisher Damage over time.

- Strangling a foe will refresh the combo duration but not increase it.

- If Ash stands on a higher point the target will be left hanging a few meters in the air increasing the damage over time by 20/40/70%.

- If done in the air Ash will pull the target to slam them into the ground and then proceed to strangle them.

- Strangled enemies cant alert their allies, once they die targets are decapitated/cut in half (depending on the target's physiology), each part count as a separate body for abilities like Nekros' Desecrate.

- Strangled enemies can be damaged by outside sources like they normally would and are considered knocked down.

Tapping the key:

- Simply pulls the enemy toward Ash

- If done in the air Ash will pull the target and then proceed to slam them into the ground.

Augment Mods:

Replaces Fatal Teleport

Dark Cooperation: Both Strangle line and its enhancement are performed by shadows instead of Ash himself.

- The shadows will perform the same actions Ash would depending on the button.

- Pressing the key on an enemy strangled by a Shadow Clone will have the clone disappear without using energy.

HIDDEN ARSENAL ENHANCEMENT

Strangle line:

- Dash in a straight line passing through all enemies, shadow clones emerge from Ash to stab each enemy he comes near dealing Slashing damage and procing Slash.

- Mechanically identical to Excalibur's Slash Dash. Except with Shadow clones doing the killing.

- Holding the key will leave Ash (and the camera) facing backwards. Useful for followups.

- Using Shadow dash while within the smoke screen will hide him as soon as the skill ends. So long as he remains in the area.

MODS EFFECTS:

Duration Mods:

- No effect.

Strength Mods:

- Increases all damage.

Range Mods:

- Increases pull range

SMOKE BOMB

Reworked Smoke Screen

(New 3) Smoke Bomb: Ash throws a bomb that creates a smoke screen in an area.

- Taping the key will have Ash throw the bomb directly at his feet. Holding the Key allows Ash to aim and throw the bomb at a certain location.

- The Bomb will only stagger foes if they are alerted or directly hit by the projectile. Opening them up for finishers.

- Enemies hit directly by the bomb will be staggered and suffer impact damage.

- Ash is invisible so long as he remains among the smoke and 3 seconds if he walks out of the smoke.

- Shooting, attacking with melee or taking damage reveals Ash for 3 seconds, no matter the noise level of his weapon.

- Killing a target in the smoke will conceal the body. The body is still there and can be interacted with but enemies will not be able to see them.

- Allies inside the cloud gain the same effects with the same rules

- Enemies inside the cloud will have their accuracy reduced.

- Ash can only have up to three Smoke Screens at a time. Throwing a new bomb will replace the older one.

Shadow Camouflage Augment:

Mending Incense:

- Replaces Smoke Shadow.

- Smoke bomb also heals Ash and allies inside the cloud for 2% of their HP every 2 second.

- Doubles the healing amount if the target's health hasn't been damaged in the last 4 seconds.

Poisonous bomb:

- Replaces Tear gas, PvP and PvE

- Enemies inside the cloud will take Viral Damage over time and afflicted with Viral proc so long as they remain inside the cloud or 6 seconds after they leave.

- Enemies who can jump or fly over it are only affected if they ever touch the clouds on the floor.

HIDDEN ARSENAL ENHANCEMENT:

Smoke Bomb:

- Turns into Smoke Javelin.

- New projectile: Faster projectile speed, no falloff, sticks to target moving the smoke screen with it.

- Follows the same rules as the normal Smoke bomb or its Augments, but on the move.

Ability Data:

Throw arc range: 10 Meter

Smoke screen range (Meters): 10 (20 for entire radius).

MODS EFFECTS:

Duration Mods:

- Smoke duration.

Strength Mods:

- Smoke bomb's impact damage.

- Poisonous Impact and damage over time.

- Incense Healing over time

Range Mods:

- smoke screen radius

- Smoke javeling range.

HIDDEN ARSENAL

Replaces Bladestorm

(New 4) Hidden Arsenal: Ash prepares for the inevitable combat, equipping his hidden blades as well as amplifying his other abilities.

- Hidden Arsenal costs no energy to maintain but amplified abilities cost more energy. The energy increase is counted before Power Efficiency.

- Cant use any other weapon besides his hidden blades.

Hidden Blades (Weapon)

Passive enhancement:

- Increases combo meter time by 2 seconds.

- Passively block 35% of frontal incoming damage.

- Moves 20% faster.

- Blocking will block 80% of incoming damage.

- Stealth attack will always knock down their target.

Movement set:

Precision cut: E E E E

Palm stab, palm stab, turn around for an elbow hit, spin back around for a final cut with the long blade.

Blade Storm: E E pause E E E E

Pal Stab, Palm stab, three mantis strikes, palm push finisher (pushes enemy back an knocks them down)

Fragmented Blade (Charge Attack): A very quick two hit attack, first attack stabs the enemy and breaks the blade inside the enemy, second hit makes the blade explode dealing finisher damage to all enemies in a 3 meter radius and knocking down the main target.

Spinner (Slide Attack): Spins forward dealing Finisher damage to all enemies around Ash.  

Abating Grasp (Slam attack): Falls kicking the ground knocking enemies back in a 2 meter radius. If it lands on an enemy it will knock it down and performs a finisher on the enemy.

Murder Heel (Downed enemy): Raises the leg up to his head then slams it down into the enemy.

Hidden Arsenal Augment:

Silent Kill: Increase Stealth damage

Art of Lies: Using Hidden arsenal while undetected disguises Ash as an enemy

ENHANCED HIDDEN ARSENAL SET

Unused content

Hidden Arsenal Augment:

Silent Killer:

- Increases the Stealth Multiplier Stacks by 3/4/5

- The Stealth Multiplier bonuses only apply when Hidden Blades are active. Loosing Hidden blades by any means will reduce the bonuses to their defaults.

CUTTHROAT

Cutthroat: Ash dashes through enemies in the blink of an eye, hitting their weak spots along the way with his hidden blades.

Replaces Teleport.

- Dashes at the direction Ash is aiming.

- Enemies that Ash passes through will take 150 / 250 / 350 / 450 Slash damage increased by enemy's higher weak spot multiplier (Head, Limbs, Banshee's Sonar), as well as being staggered for 2 seconds.

- Holding the Key allows Ash (and the camera) to turn around at the end of the dash, perfect for

SNEAK ATTACK

Reason for removal: Took away some of the basic ideas for the rework, mainly player control.

Replaces Teleport

(2) Sneak Attack: Quickly Dashes a set distance, At the end of the dash throws Shurkens to nearby enemies.

- Stops at the end of the range or when hitting a solid object like walls or floor.

- "Dash" is instantaneous like teleport.

- Throws 5/8/14/18 Shurikens spread evenly to nearby enemies.

- Thrown shurikens will automatically aim for nearby enemies.

- These shurikens cant punch through or seek out enemies.

Shuriken augments will affect the ability:

Explosive Kunai: Throws a single, smaller explosive Kunai that stick to targets then explodes.

- Limited to 5/6/8/10 Kunais per dash, spread evenly across the surrounding enemies.

- Will always throw a single Kunai.

- Kunais used by this ability only explode at the enemy they land on, Explosion work the same ways as the ability would on its own.

Ability Data:

Dash distance: 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 Meters

Shuriken spread radius: 11 Meters

Shurikens used by this ability will damage and behave the same way as they normally do unless stated otherwise.

Quick Step Augments:

Shuriken swarm: Enchants Shurikens to follow and continuously attack the surrounding enemies for a few seconds.

Replaces fatal teleport

- No longer affected by Shurieken aguments. Alwyas uses normal Shurikens.

- Reduces Shuriken count by 50/40/30/20%

- Enchanted Shurikens last for 2/3/3/4/5 hits and seek out enemies.

- Enchanted Shurikens take about 1 second between attacks. Unafected by mods.

MODS EFFECTS:

Duration Mods:

- Increases amount of Shurikens/Kunais summoned.

Strength Mods:

- Increases Shuriken Swarm hit count.

Range Mods:

- Increases dash range and shuriken spread radius.

QUICK STEP

Reason of removal: Too complicated to balance, replacement works better with the rework's goal.

Replaces Teleport

(2) Quick Step: Dash in a straight line passing through all enemies, Ash will throw Shurikens at all enemies near his dash.

- Mechanically identical to Excalibur's Slash Dash. Except with Ash throwing shurikens at enemies.

- Increases the amount of shurikens thrown to each enemy by 1/2/2/3.

- Increases the combo meter for each enemy hit not with the amount of shurikens thrown.

- Holding the key will leave Ash (and the camera) facing backwards. Useful for followups.

- Using Shadow dash while within the smoke screen will hide him as soon as the skill ends. So long as he remains in the area.

Shuriken augments will affect the ability:

Explosive Kunai: Throws a single, smaller explosive Kunai that stick to targets then explodes.

- Limited to 5/6/8/10 Kunais per dash spread evenly across the dash.

- Will always throw a single Kunai.

- Kunais used by this ability only explode at the enemy they land on, Explosion work the same ways as the ability would on its own.

Quick Step Augments:

Priority Targeting:

- No longer affected by Shuriken Augments

- Fires only one Shuriken per enemy stunning them.

Shadow Fan Shuriken: Allows Ash to Throws an Shadow Fan Shuriken and increases the energy cost by 40%

Reason for removal: With the new passive and Hidden Arsenal it would be far too much damage, potentially overthrowing other damage frames. Gonna revisit the idea later

- Has a two step animation where Ash throws a folded shadow fan shuriken then immediately pulls a string that opens it up and makes it travel vertically.

- The shadow shuriken will block incoming bullets as it travels.

- Travels at 15 meters per second, same speed as Exalted Blade's waves. Slowest of all Shurikens.

- Shadow Fan Shuriken will only refresh the duration of the combo meter when connecting with enemies.

Augment Data

Cost: 45 Energy

ASSASSINATE

Replaces Teleport

(New 2) Assassinate : Ash dashes to the target stabbing them in the process with his hidden blade and knocking them into the ground. If they survive.

- When attacking from stealth this ability is considered a stealth attack with a x12 multiplier.

- If use from the shadows Ash will instead teleport to the enemy then drag them into the shadows where it stabs them.

Efficient brutality augment:

Strangle Line: Tear the enemy armor where the wire kunai lands dealing damage and exposing the area permanently Increasing damage in the area by 150%. Holding the key will still pull the target.

Amplified: Every enemy hit by the dash will  be stunned for 1.5 seconds.

SMOKE BOMB

Reason for removal: I was enjoying toying with the idea of having a smoke bomb mechanic in the game but the more I developed it, moved and changed things and put it against the fairness filter I just couldn't find a way to make it balanced and unique, it always was either overpowered or just an unnecessary hindrance  so sadly I had to remove it, though I will keep it saved, it may come in handy for something else.

SMOKE BOMB: Throws a bomb that shrouds an area in smoke.

Activation Mechanics: Tapping the key will throw the smoke bomb at Ash's feet, holding the key will allow Ash to throw the bomb at range.

AI interaction with the Smoke screen:

- Inside the cloud: units inside are concealed as if they where invisible meaning hostile units will rely on noise to know where to move or attack,

- Outside of the cloud: no one (friend or foe) cant seen what's inside the cloud except for Ash

Ability effects:

- Enemies outside the smoke can't see inside.

- Enemies inside the smoke are slowed and "paranoid". Paranoid enemies have reduced accuracy, sight range, take increased damage from takedowns and are susceptible to backstab.

- Enemies inside the smoke are highlighted to Ash

(Augment) Poisonous Bomb: Changes the properties of the bomb to use Poisonous smoke.

Ability Changes:

- No longer makes enemies paranoid, instead the smoke will deal Viral damage to enemies inside every second. With a 40%

MODS EFFECTS:

Duration Mods:

- Smoke screen duration

Strength Mods:

- Projectile damage, Poison viral damage

Range Mods:

- Smoke Screen size.

INTIMIDATION TACTICS

Replaces: Smoke bomb

The problem: The current problem with smoke bomb is Invisibility. When you make an ability that grants invisibility your always gonna compete with Loki's invisibility which is not only the quintessential stealth ability but really good at what it does and smoke bomb at best is a decent escape tool and at worst a poor man's invisibility. I think we can give something better to the good old Ash.

Intimidation Tactics: Ash expresses its killing intent to his foes, affecting their ability to fight depending on how close they are to Ash.

- Marks enemies in a cone in front of Ash.

- The ability holds two cones, Outer cone and Inner cone which hold a single unique effect

- 60 Degree FOV

Inner Cone:

- Extends up to half outer cone length.

- Enemies caught too close to ash will cower in place for 4 seconds and drop their weapon.

Outer cone:

- Extends up to 13 meters

- Enemies will shake in fear, reducing their accuracy and movement speed.

HIDDEN ARSENAL

(New 4) Hidden Arsenal: Equip Ash's signature hidden blades along with a couple of Hidden tools.

- unique "transformation" based around shadow manipulation.

- Ash gains increased movement speed.

- Blocking deflects projectiles back to its attackers while reducing damage by 70%. Passively blocks/parries frontal attacks reducing damage by 40% and opening melee enemies to finishers.

- Charge attack will rip enemies front their armor

- Has its own move set and feeds off melee mods.

- Come with increased finished damage on takedowns and high change to proc status on combos.

- Shuriken: Throws a fan of 4 shurikens

- Shadow Camouflage: Tunrs into Kill zone: Marks an area. Inside the Aream Ash moves faster and regenerates HP every time he kills, Duration and heals are increased when Ash varies his kills

- Charge attacks: Blast away enemies with a short range burst of air, deals Impact damage and knocks down enemies in a small cone in front of Ash.

- Air Slam: Once he makes contact to the ground blasts a puff of air to stagger enemies around Ash.

(Augment) Decoys: Ash spawns two shadow clones with Hidden Blades that will run and attack enemies.

- Increases energy cost by 5 energy per second.

KILL COMMAND

(New 4) Kill command: Ash enters a marked state where he can mark different enemies for a kill. Pressing the key again will order all Tenno (including himself) to kill said targets. Killing the target grants a 100% crit chance boost to said Tenno and that boost will be refreshed every time they kill

Hidden Blades Augment

Adapting technique: Hidden Blades can now harness the weapon's especial qualities.

- Includes passives such as Hirudo's life steal on crit or exclusive effects such as syndicate Mods or Rivens.

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

5 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

I really like this rework. I share many of your ideas.

Anyway, can I ask how do all these work in Conclave? It's the only thing you leave unadressed. Other than that it sounds really cool and Fun.

I did though about the Conclave but left it for later cause DE is still rebalancing that thing and they are working on that new Damage 3.0 system so im gonna reserve that to another time.

Just now, The_Sharp_Demonologist said:

I did though about the Conclave but left it for later cause DE is still rebalancing that thing and they are working on that new Damage 3.0 system so im gonna reserve that to another time.

Fair enough.

don't want to be rude, but after reading only the shuriken idea, i can't really take this completely seriously. I can say that you clearly like ash, but having a spammable ability on a frame with already high damage potential and stealth which does slash damage, procs slash, and strips all armour permanently is kinda ridiculous. I'll read the rest, and maybe my opinion will change, but from first appearances this looks like an ash fanboy wanting his favourite frame to be OP, as opposed to just ridiculously powerful (which it already is).

Read the teleport/ish one: again, no complete energy refund is ever going to be balanced. especially with the damage you want. Also, what kind of kick does slash? kick totally would mean impact.

Read the smoke screen stuff: that seems legit, I have no issues with that at all.

Read the new bladestorm stuff: no. it cannot be free. nothing that powerful can be free, no matter the reason. it should still drain at all times.

Edited by tarfeef101

15 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

don't want to be rude, but after reading only the shuriken idea, i can't really take this completely seriously. I can say that you clearly like ash, but having a spammable ability on a frame with already high damage potential and stealth which does slash damage, procs slash, and strips all armour permanently is kinda ridiculous. I'll read the rest, and maybe my opinion will change, but from first appearances this looks like an ash fanboy wanting his favourite frame to be OP, as opposed to just ridiculously powerful (which it already is).

Read the smoke screen stuff: that seems legit, I have no issues with that at all.

Read the new bladestorm stuff: no. it cannot be free. nothing that powerful can be free, no matter the reason. it should still drain at all times.

On Shuriken: Hmmm sorry if it gave you a bad impression, that wasnt my intention. So what would you suggest, maybe strip the Armor reduction and keep the rest?

I will admit i may have been gone a bit overboard with the Shuriken.

On BladeStorm: but besides that (wich i could remove) anything else about it that you dont like?

Also what about Teleport/Ashiko, forogt to comment about that.

5 minutes ago, The_Sharp_Demonologist said:

On Shuriken: Hmmm sorry if it gave you a bad impression, that wasnt my intention. So what would you suggest, maybe strip the Armor reduction and keep the rest?

I will admit i may have been gone a bit overboard with the Shuriken.

On BladeStorm: but besides that (wich i could remove) anything else about it that you dont like?

Also what about Teleport/Ashiko, forogt to comment about that.

I would keep armour stripping to an augment, and ensure to get 100% armour stripped it'd need a good amount of power strength. As for the bleed effects, i think a chance is better, maybe 25-50%, not a guarantee. Looking at most first abilities, it'll still be in the category of the better ones out there.

Bladestorm: actually seems pretty interesting the way you set it up. definitely accomplishes the goal of making it engaging while using it. so without the energy stuff, it seems pretty good to me. I'm sure DE can handle damage balancing it, so I won't nitpick on that.

Teleport: i don't know how much this needs to be changed, the way you set it up kinda takes the ability and merges it with the augment already. not sure i like that, it's already ridiculous. the only time i use ash is endo farming rathuum arenas, because it's just efficient. but anything that brings it away from just spamming one button over and over is good, so i welcome change. try to keep in mind it doesn't need to be damage-focused, as bladestorm takes care of that. your idea of making it synergize with bladestorm finishers is a step in the right direction i think.

Also ty for being so open to criticism. hard to find ppl like that these days :)

9 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

I would keep armour stripping to an augment, and ensure to get 100% armour stripped it'd need a good amount of power strength. As for the bleed effects, i think a chance is better, maybe 25-50%, not a guarantee. Looking at most first abilities, it'll still be in the category of the better ones out there.

Bladestorm: actually seems pretty interesting the way you set it up. definitely accomplishes the goal of making it engaging while using it. so without the energy stuff, it seems pretty good to me. I'm sure DE can handle damage balancing it, so I won't nitpick on that.

Teleport: i don't know how much this needs to be changed, the way you set it up kinda takes the ability and merges it with the augment already. not sure i like that, it's already ridiculous. the only time i use ash is endo farming rathuum arenas, because it's just efficient. but anything that brings it away from just spamming one button over and over is good, so i welcome change. try to keep in mind it doesn't need to be damage-focused, as bladestorm takes care of that. your idea of making it synergize with bladestorm finishers is a step in the right direction i think.

Also ty for being so open to criticism. hard to find ppl like that these days :)

Shuriken: I dunno doesnt Shuriken already proc Slash all the time? then again my version of shuriken is more spammy so i guess it makes sence. Maybe it has a chance to proc but hitting weakspots guarantees a Slash proc? And yeah i guess i could remove the armor thing, gonna save it for an Augment later.

Teleport: Thats my idea, i want Ashiko to be more of an utility spell for the Melee oriented Ash players, its a quick gap closer that has some extra damage that increases with your melee counter. Fun fact the ability used to do much more damage but before posting I did a quick count for the damage taking the new passive into account and had to recalculate everything and nerf the damage cause it would get ridiculous as soon as tier 2 XD

Hey thanks to you for actually taking time reading the whole thing and commenting on it.

1 minute ago, The_Sharp_Demonologist said:

Shuriken: I dunno doesnt Shuriken already proc Slash all the time? then again my version of shuriken is more spammy so i guess it makes sence. Maybe it has a chance to proc but hitting weakspots guarantees a Slash proc? And yeah i guess i could remove the armor thing, gonna save it for an Augment later.

Teleport: Thats my idea, i want Ashiko to be more of an utility spell for the Melee oriented Ash players, its a quick gap closer that has some extra damage that increases with your melee counter. Fun fact the ability used to do much more damage but before posting I did a quick count for the damage taking the new passive into account and had to recalculate everything and nerf the damage cause it would get ridiculous as soon as tier 2 XD

Hey thanks to you for actually taking time reading the whole thing and commenting on it.

My pleasure dude. It may surprise you, but ash is actually my most hated frame. I play raids and long survivals mostly. Team-oriented stuff. So naturally I hate ash, since he is the most selfish frame in the game.

However, that doesn't mean I can't b objective and try to make him better. So, back to the topic at hand:

I feel that you have an expectation for your 1st ability to be an important part of you kit at any point in the mission. Unless DE reworks every frame, you gotta let that go. It can't have good damage, build combo, bleed everyone, and strip armour. That's too much for a 1st ability. Take a look at how often 1st abilites are used for every other frame. Some can be useful, but none are really a major part of your kit, especially in late-game.

Teleport: This applies to everything, but I'm going to put it here: this brings back memories of relentless combination with the telos boltace before it got nerfed. For teleport specifically, it isn't a huge deal if that adds 1 to the combo. But be careful with going crazy on the combo.

Having almost every ability and his passive increase the duration is too much. As it is i don't like that passive for him since that's already Wukong's. But even ignoring duration, I can only endorse building the combo with abilities IF relentless combination doesn't work on them. Otherwise with the amount of bleed procs you want, that's just too much. 

2 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

My pleasure dude. It may surprise you, but ash is actually my most hated frame. I play raids and long survivals mostly. Team-oriented stuff. So naturally I hate ash, since he is the most selfish frame in the game.

However, that doesn't mean I can't b objective and try to make him better. So, back to the topic at hand:

I feel that you have an expectation for your 1st ability to be an important part of you kit at any point in the mission. Unless DE reworks every frame, you gotta let that go. It can't have good damage, build combo, bleed everyone, and strip armour. That's too much for a 1st ability. Take a look at how often 1st abilites are used for every other frame. Some can be useful, but none are really a major part of your kit, especially in late-game.

Teleport: This applies to everything, but I'm going to put it here: this brings back memories of relentless combination with the telos boltace before it got nerfed. For teleport specifically, it isn't a huge deal if that adds 1 to the combo. But be careful with going crazy on the combo.

Having almost every ability and his passive increase the duration is too much. As it is i don't like that passive for him since that's already Wukong's. But even ignoring duration, I can only endorse building the combo with abilities IF relentless combination doesn't work on them. Otherwise with the amount of bleed procs you want, that's just too much. 

Yeah i can see your point, its the same way people complain about Ember's Brainless Ultimate, even with the recent changes, just murdering everyone with ember just walking by.

Now i read the Relentless Combination page, since i didnt know it even existed XD, and apparently it only applies to Slash Procs caused by melee weapons and while affected by the combo meter the abilities arent considered melee. Gonna clarify that on the main post.

Ok, now I have read it. I do think that he doesn't need all this stuff, tbh. 

But I do want him to use his hidden blades as actual weapons, making him an exalted frame, which would be fun. Really fun. And extending duration and giving a toxin/gas proc for his 2 would be nice. 

His 1 and 3 are already good, they don't need anything. But to fix his 2 and make his ult a weapon, probably a claw type, but with a stance focused entirely on stabs rather than slashes. 

I say the suggested passive would work on a different frame. Like, on a Raiden frame concept I just considered. MGR; Revengance, anyone? 

But yeah, this was a wonderful amount of thought put into it. It would probably be overkill, though. Just using his hidden blades as a melee weapon would be great. 

Just my opinion. Hope you enjoy the feedback. 

2 hours ago, BlueLTO said:

Ok, now I have read it. I do think that he doesn't need all this stuff, tbh. 

But I do want him to use his hidden blades as actual weapons, making him an exalted frame, which would be fun. Really fun. And extending duration and giving a toxin/gas proc for his 2 would be nice. 

His 1 and 3 are already good, they don't need anything. But to fix his 2 and make his ult a weapon, probably a claw type, but with a stance focused entirely on stabs rather than slashes. 

I say the suggested passive would work on a different frame. Like, on a Raiden frame concept I just considered. MGR; Revengance, anyone? 

But yeah, this was a wonderful amount of thought put into it. It would probably be overkill, though. Just using his hidden blades as a melee weapon would be great. 

Just my opinion. Hope you enjoy the feedback. 

Thats one of my points on the rework, his Shuriken and Teleport wherent "Bad" but they could use some tweaking, wich is what i did.

You did reminded me to remove the armor reduction on the shurikens, comepletely forgot to remove it XD

For his passive i think its fits Ash with his new kit though the idea of a Rainden inspired Warframe cold be cool... though it would require alot more though so its not just a clone (or even inferior) of Excalibur.

Also funny you mentioned his hidden blades as claws cause thats was one of my ideas but after giving it some though and planning some moves i couldnt figure out a way for the claw style to fit Ash's theme and separate it from Valkyr whom im also making a rework of. Of course Valkyr claws will be much more savage and destructive but then his claws would be just a watered down version of her claws.

Thanks for commenting anyways. All opinions are welcome and help the project grow.