Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help theorycrafting - Finisher Excal

Xion

Question

I'm trying to make an Excal build that focuses a lot on Finisher damage. I have a lot of questions about Finisher damage though. 

1-First off, does Finishing Touch affect only the damage I do during a Finisher, or does it also increase the damage from Slash procs? 

2-If I proc Slash from a Finisher on a blind target, will the Bleed do more damage than normal? Would Radiant Finish increase the damage even more?

3-If I use Radial Blind on an enemy that already has a bunch of Slash procs on them, will those Slash procs get the 8x Stealth multiplier?

4-Do Slash procs benefit from the combo multiplier? (I do plan on using Relentless Combination and Surging Dash in my build if it does).

Also, I plan on using the Nikana Prime with this build, but would there be better choices? I'm thinking the Atterax could be good because of its range and crit multiplier. Definitely will not use a CL Dagger or Ash despite his passive.

Edited by Xionyde134

8 answers to this question

If you use Radiant Finish, you can oneshot everything that can be finished with just a handful of str and damage mods.

Finishing Touch increases finisher damage only. Not finisher damage type.

Slash procs care about the base damage multiplied by whatever nonelemental multipliers you have, including combo counter.

Slash procs and finishers are two exclusive builds. Finisher builds aims at oneshotting everything. Slash proc build aims at stacking dots on a target.

Machetes have the fastest finishers and can oneshot anything just fine with Radiant Finisher.

Jat Kittag has the explosion on kill mod that works on finishers.

Daggers have Covert Lethality which is not useful with frames that can buff their finisher damage, unless for some reason you're aiming at super high levels after multiple hours of endless modes or something.

18 minutes ago, Naftal said:

If you use Radiant Finish, you can oneshot everything that can be finished with just a handful of str and damage mods.

Jat Kittag has the explosion on kill mod that works on finishers.

Well I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. TY for the help 

Edited by Xionyde134

Can any of you enlighten me on what the point of a finisher build is? Ive seen this time and time again but I dont understand why someone would do this over going for an exalted blade/slash dash build. Its a lot faster and the only downside I can see (albeit a small one) is that its less energy efficient.

25 minutes ago, booty_hunter said:

Can any of you enlighten me on what the point of a finisher build is? Ive seen this time and time again but I dont understand why someone would do this over going for an exalted blade/slash dash build. Its a lot faster and the only downside I can see (albeit a small one) is that its less energy efficient.

MOAR damage + armor ignore. For killing things that can take a lot of pounding.

10 hours ago, booty_hunter said:

My reason is that I like to play the game with different builds, and a Finisher build is something I haven't really done before.

Whenever I start getting bored with the game,I try to find different play styles to keep myself entertained. Just recently, I did one centered around Nova's anti-matter absorb augment

To your question: Hard to say.

Finishing touch: Appearently. It didn't when it released, only affecting ground finishers but wiki states that it does affect finishers and stealth multipliers now, which both participate in finisher moves.

Radiant Finish: Ye and no.

Combo: maybe?

Only stealth (bug), basedamage and crit affect bleed proccs.

Stealth finishers deal finisher damage tho, so i'm not quite sure if they are able to set slash at all (if it isn't trough ashs bladestorm that is) and only damage source that aside mentioned in the wiki is weapon type. It could take final damage with all multipliers and mods as base or none at all. Would require testing. It can crit, that i can say for sure.

Why not just using covert lethality tho? Makes the question irrelevant as that mod just makes stealth finishers oneshot enemys. Can be used with inaros or Ivara instead too, what would be a rather tanky alternative to excal and isn't bound to LoS.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108