The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash U.9 Still Needing Work

__Kanade__

So it's nice to see Ash finally has his much needed Bladestorm revamp, but the camera angles during the move aren't right and isn't showcasing the move as intended.

Smoke Screen, I'm one of those loyal Ash players that doesn't like the new effect. Being that he is the closest frame to being a true ninja and you know how it goes, you aren't supposed to see ninja, it was better when he was completely invisible ( I had DoF/Blur turned off cause the effects makes me dizzy ) so he was completely invisible.

Now there's also ppl who like the fact that they can see him even when invisible, but the predator like look of the original Smoke Screen was able to make the masses happy. I suggest making it optional to turn the new effect on or off, so that those of us who liked not being able to see Ash at all and those of us who liked to be able to see him can both be satisfied. Or go back to the way it was before where it still satisfied both players cause right now, it's only making one side of Ash's fanbase happy.

Shurikens, not sure where to go with this, I'd say increase the max amount of shurikens thrown from 2 to 3 or go back to having them being able to pierce multiple targets while not alerting enemies. They still need to be the best of the best since it's an ability and the only type of throwing weapons that cost energy to use compared the some 200 things of knives and stars you can carry.

Teleport is what is, but it could be so much more, there's alot of potential for what it can do, but when you compare the distance between it and the Grineer Commanders teleport, it just makes Ash's Teleport laughable. One of the two needs to go/nerfed/buffed/or balanced, but both still retain their intended purposes respectively.

Edited by __Kanade__

Bladestorm lock-on is still very inferior. I generally only get about 1 or 2 guys.

Shuriken is fine.

Smokescreen is better this way. Why the hell should I be unable to see my own character? How do I control him if I don't even know what he's doing?

Teleport shouldn't need a lock-on. Also range should be increased a bit. Other than that, it doesn't need changing.

Bladestorm lock-on is still very inferior. I generally only get about 1 or 2 guys.

Shuriken is fine.

Smokescreen is better this way. Why the hell should I be unable to see my own character? How do I control him if I don't even know what he's doing?

Teleport shouldn't need a lock-on. Also range should be increased a bit. Other than that, it doesn't need changing.

agre with ya exept on the smokescreen 

wanted it completely invisible or like loki's 

2 things for Ash, hopefully someone will catch up with it:

1.Teleport should stagger target for few seconds (in case backflip is left)

2. Smoke Screen should display a much less contrast silhouette (possibly an invisible ash with smoke aura (around silhouette)

Being an Ash player from the start of Warframe, I feel that Ash has no need of improvement (for now).<br />The smoke-screen effect is needed, because just making him disappear with no effect to show that is simply lazy.<br />On a side note, your predator reference is entirely incorrect. The predator's are not completely invisible, in fact Ash's new effect is the cloak effect of the Predator.<br /><br />As for the camera for the bladestorm. At times it does seem odd, but it's better than the huge distance from the frame. Plus, you will no longer get stuck in that bug where you are in the bladestorm camera view.<br />

Shurikens piercing multiple targets sounds awesome.

With the Smokescreen issue, I think being able to see your character is for the best. They might just want to make it look less like you're covered in tin foil.

Teleport is very situational in it's current form. Being able to teleport anywhere would be fantastic - it would give the ability so much more functionality than just bringing you into melee range of an enemy. Of course, it would need to be balanced out with a cost increase or range decrease.

Bladestorm still needs a look at. Maybe a range increase to counterbalance the fact that you have to wait for the entire animation to play out.

He doesn't need crazy buffs - he's an awesome frame. He just needs some carefully balanced tweaks.

With the release of the new Hikou weapons, I think Ash's Shuriken should be changed. Maybe change it to a larger Windmill-type Shuriken that can cut through multiple enemies? Just a thought.

i think this would be cool but then it starts to become glave like. although it would remind me of the good old ninja gaiden days

That's why I said the new effect is only making one side of Ash's fanbase happy, I personally don't like the new smoke screen, I prefer him to be completely invisible.

Edited by __Kanade__

Can you make smoke screen really invisible in duels so many players are not going to play with ash because his smoke screen is stuipd in duels because everybody can see him please fixxx this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(THANKS)

Teleport is very situational in it's current form. Being able to teleport anywhere would be fantastic - it would give the ability so much more functionality than just bringing you into melee range of an enemy. Of course, it would need to be balanced out with a cost increase or range decrease.

cost increase sounds better than range decrease. its teleport . if i want to move to another place i rather jump or run...

Shuriken is fine.

It's just you then, I have it maxed out and can hit 10-20 enemies no problem.

Freedom of teleportation would just make Ash the superior frame of choice for speed runners, it needs to be changed to either do a weak stun attack on the enemy you teleport to, or always teleport behind the enemy for a quick stealth kill or whatever, or have AoE stun from both point A and B so that enemies aren't auto targetting you like they always do and that is the main problem with teleport, no matter who you teleport to, enemies, regardless of how big the room is and how much distance you've put between you and them, they will just use aimbot and shoot you the moment you reappear outta nowhere half way across the room.

I think for now, Bladestorm should be left alone, it did get a major overhaul in it's animations even though it still needs a bigger AoE and the camera angles need to be zoomed out alittle, but for now, Teleport should be the next ability to get some sort of revamp and maybe get a second look at Shuriken.

Edited by __Kanade__

Ash in general: I would like the smoke on his left arm be on his right as well.

Shuriken: Don't know. Either more shuriken or one that goes through multiple enemies in a straight line.

Smoke Screen: Make him invisible except for the smoke coming from his arm (arms preferably). I still don't understand how people have trouble controlling him when he is completely invisible but whatever. 

Teleport: either lower the cost (if anyone thinks 25 energy is an ok amount for a skill that is only marginally better than super jump I want whatever drugs they are on, 15 would be more acceptable or 10) or make it buff/debuff (buff the ally debuff enemy) Ally 10 seconds invisibility? Enemy Stunned for 2-3 seconds?

Bladestorm: Have it target people that walk into range while ability is going on and at least have a fixed angle on the camera (or zoom it out without some weird FoV), I can't see those awesome animations DE worked so hard on!

My suggestions (not wholly original):

Cosmetic: Smoke on both sides, new armblades color customizable.

Shuriken: A single, ghostly, smokey glaive, dealing AP or serrated blade damage to all enemies in a straight line and back, with appropriate glaive throwing animations.

Smoke Screen: Just a nicer visual effect for the character, similar to how it was, maybe with a smokey silhouette for those without DOF/Motion Blur activated.

Teleport: Teleport behind the target, stunning it for 1 second and always giving a 0.5 second chance at a backstab, similar to the Skyrim shadow step perk.

Bladestorm: The new animations are nice, but it seems to take too long, especially in higher levels. I'd recommend Ash creating two ghostly copies of himself and thus executing always 3 enemies at a time. If the executions themselves would have a half second of slow-motion(like 300) for ash and his enemy it would look awesome, but without lengthening the duration of the skill itself.

I love my ash, but I feel that besides stealth rezzing and some damage dealing(at which he isn't any better than most frames) I am not of terribly much use to a group.

Freedom of teleportation would just make Ash the superior frame of choice for speed runners, it needs to be changed to either do a weak stun attack on the enemy you teleport to, or always teleport behind the enemy for a quick stealth kill or whatever, or have AoE stun from both point A and B so that enemies aren't auto targetting you like they always do and that is the main problem with teleport, no matter who you teleport to, enemies, regardless of how big the room is and how much distance you've put between you and them, they will just use aimbot and shoot you the moment you reappear outta nowhere half way across the room.

I think for now, Bladestorm should be left alone, it did get a major overhaul in it's animations even though it still needs a bigger AoE and the camera angles need to be zoomed out alittle, but for now, Teleport should be the next ability to get some sort of revamp and maybe get a second look at Shuriken.

Teleporting anywhere is OP? What about Nova's wormhole?!

For Shuriken, I think they should reduce the number of shurikens thrown to one, but make it puncture multiple targets, keep the homing so that the targets don't have to be in a perfectly straight line, and modify it so that it seeks out their weak spots maybe. Of course, balance this by making it only puncture a certain number if enemies (dependent on rank).

The issue I had when going completely invisible is none of your teammates could see you, I was fighting the jackal or the hyena with a friend (can't remember which one) and I went invisible, my friend then had this bright idea to stick a decoy next to the jackal and I got blasted by his stomp (or was it the grenade of doom???)

Teleporting anywhere is OP? What about Nova's wormhole?!

For Shuriken, I think they should reduce the number of shurikens thrown to one, but make it puncture multiple targets, keep the homing so that the targets don't have to be in a perfectly straight line, and modify it so that it seeks out their weak spots maybe. Of course, balance this by making it only puncture a certain number if enemies (dependent on rank).

I don't know anything about Nova's wormhole, all I know is that it not only affects Nova, but allies and enemies too, Ash's teleport doesn't and is a far more situational ability than Wormhole, and with alotta people suggesting to increase the distance Ash can teleport on top of being able to teleport to any part of the map, it really would make him the ideal speed runners dream frame. With max Stretch and teleport, the distance you can teleport to an enemy or ally is pretty amazing, I don't see why it needs to have an even greater distance like some people want. 

The distance is fine as it is, what needs to be nerfed is the Grineer Commanders teleport, while Ash's teleport needs to have some sort of rework on how it ends the animation, or change it have AoE stun.

Smokescreen is not "fine"

I was fine with 100% invisibility 

But it seems that DE has made up its mind that SS is going to have some sort of graphic outline.

I feel if we took the current smokescreen and cut the current visibility by 50%; we will be good...

Smokescreen is not "fine"

I was fine with 100% invisibility 

But it seems that DE has made up its mind that SS is going to have some sort of graphic outline.

I feel if we took the current smokescreen and cut the current visibility by 50%; we will be good...

The only time the other half that liked being completely invisible that we can enjoy is when were in the Void, I have noticed that Smoke Screen pretty much acts the way it used to before it was ruined with the awful looking mesh of a mess it is now.

Or it could just be me since I have Bloom and Dynamic Lightning on so the Void is pretty bright and my energy color is bright Sat Red, and it's difficult for me to see red in front of white.

Edited by __Kanade__

I don't know anything about Nova's wormhole, all I know is that it not only affects Nova, but allies and enemies too, Ash's teleport doesn't and is a far more situational ability than Wormhole, and with alotta people suggesting to increase the distance Ash can teleport on top of being able to teleport to any part of the map, it really would make him the ideal speed runners dream frame. With max Stretch and teleport, the distance you can teleport to an enemy or ally is pretty amazing, I don't see why it needs to have an even greater distance like some people want. 

The distance is fine as it is, what needs to be nerfed is the Grineer Commanders teleport, while Ash's teleport needs to have some sort of rework on how it ends the animation, or change it have AoE stun.

Wait, so you think it's too situational and inferior to Nova's wormhole, yet you don't think it should be buffed?

I would have to agree with you on the speed runner thing, but I don't quite understand how Nova doesn't have the same problem. Just nerf the range a bit if it's an issue.

As for teleport being too situational, teleporting anywhere would let you move out of a dangerous situation quickly, let you get yourself into a better situation from which to kill enemies, or just GET PLACES! It would easily become my favorite ability.

Wait, so you think it's too situational and inferior to Nova's wormhole, yet you don't think it should be buffed?

I would have to agree with you on the speed runner thing, but I don't quite understand how Nova doesn't have the same problem. Just nerf the range a bit if it's an issue.

As for teleport being too situational, teleporting anywhere would let you move out of a dangerous situation quickly, let you get yourself into a better situation from which to kill enemies, or just GET PLACES! It would easily become my favorite ability.

If you've used teleport as long as I have, the targetting issue no longer becomes a problem so it ends up becoming my preferred ability.

As far as buffing teleport, I would be happy with just having the delay removed instead of all these other suggestions like increasing/decreasing range. increasing/decreasing energy cost, freedom of teleportation.

With Nova, wormhole helps the entire party if they all wanted to rush, with Ash, it only helps himself get from point A to point B leaving his teammates behind.

Edited by __Kanade__