Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am i ruined?

Hurtzl

Question

Alright, so.. like everyday i wake up in the morning to play Warframe on steam but this morning i found out that steam removed Warframe from games' library and it requests to be downloaded as if it never was. Looking at the fact that i had Warframe on my PC via Steam back since it was released and with my current slow internet connection; I'd rather die than have to download all the 20.3GB again. http://prnt.sc/f0ip3q

- I waited on it to magically fix itself but it didn't so i restarted my PC and it was still the same.

- I tried this Steam opt-in opt-out beta trick and it did not work.

- I cut Waframe files from Steam's folder and pasted them back, waited a while and nothing changed.

- I figured i should try out and copy the Warframe files in its own folder off Steam's and download the Warframe standalone downloader.. i though it would download and as soon as it recognizes the files it will act upon that and just like fix things up but not really like first of all i can't pick a location for the standalone downloader to download and i tried putting it in the file i put the Steam's Warframe in but no hope it still downloads as if it is new. http://prntscr.com/f0k5fh

- I found the game launcher in "Warframe/tools" and i ran it and just here waiting for it to magically fix itself off steam.

- I read in a thread: "Download the web installer, execute it to the step where you have to specify your installation folder. Let it download the game files for a bit (to the point where the big files [>4 GB] started to downloaded), then cancel it." I could have done that if the installer as in the screenshot above just hardcore downloads all that data at once so i can't tell when to cancel?

> Tried to go with it and let Steam download it hoping it would recognize the game but it seems to obviously not be working... http://prntscr.com/f0knr2

It's pretty much the only game i still play and i can't really consider re-downloading it again but at the same time i wouldn't want to quit Warframe because of such error. Any help/ideas/opinions will be in much need.

Thanks!

Edited by Hurtzl

22 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Hurtzl said:

And where do i find such flag?

Make sure you have a backup of your Warframe files, then Close Steam;

Go to Steam>steamapps folder and look for appmanifest_230410.acf, open it with notepad search and edit StateFlags from 1036 change to 4, then save.

Edited by Erocelec

Just now, elitetrollz said:

That happened to me last week.

Download Warframe directly from the website. https://www.warframe.com/download

If you want Steam overlay, screenshot, etc. Just add Warframe as a non-Steam game in Steam. 

But, you will miss the TennoGen items.

Ehm. I did mention that i cannot download the game again..? My issue is that i won't be able to redownload the whole game so i am looking for a fix other than that? lol

Just now, Hurtzl said:

Ehm. I did mention that i cannot download the game again..? My issue is that i won't be able to redownload the whole game so i am looking for a fix other than that? lol

Don't copy the files downloaded from Steam to your Standalone version folder. It won't work.

The screenshot you sent here (http://prnt.sc/f0k5fh) means that the standalone version is downloading and it's not going through Steam. Just let the 14 GB download and soon, you will not have any problems between Steam and Warframe,

It's worth a shot

3 minutes ago, elitetrollz said:

Don't copy the files downloaded from Steam to your Standalone version folder. It won't work.

The screenshot you sent here (http://prnt.sc/f0k5fh) means that the standalone version is downloading and it's not going through Steam. Just let the 14 GB download and soon, you will not have any problems between Steam and Warframe,

It's worth a shot

oh my god XD my problem is DOWNLOADING the 14GB (they're actually 20.3GB) If i was able to re-download the game i wouldn't have been on here asking for alternate fix

1 minute ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

just let the download run over night if you have slow internet.... it realy isnt a problem.

I can't, i'm moving out tomorrow, i wouldnt have wifi. My family rages over me downloading stuff and the download takes...http://prntscr.com/f0knr2

The reason Warframe is the only game i have left is because it was the only game i constantly had updated so there was not much data to update whenever i get into playing it every couple of weeks.

Edited by Hurtzl

Guys ... never heard about reallocating installation paths of Steam games? Even Ubisoft does offer dis! DuuuUUuuuuh!

No seriously, check the Steam settings about its Downloads-Tab. If you have located another new (or already existing path), also assure that Warframe does contain its partial files at %appdata% -> Local -> Warframe.

1 minute ago, Hurtzl said:

I can't, i'm moving out tomorrow. My family rage over me downloading stuff and the download takes...http://prntscr.com/f0knr2

you.... do know that thats just a computer generated guess right?

i once had a mac that said "2 weeks remaining" and the next morning it was installed.

its easier to just look at your download speed using speedtest.net, then use that to calculate how long it will take.

note: speedtest.net is in megabits meaning 1/8th of a megabyte. warframe is about 40GB = 40960MB = 327680Mb

if you had lets say 100Mb/s download that would take you 327680/100=3276.8 seconds.

if you only have 10Mb/s it would take you about 32768 seconds.

and worst case scenario with 1Mb/s it would take you 327680 seconds, which would indeed take multiple days, but 1Mb/s is 1995 internet or smth. 

also. your internet is usualy faster overnight, because your family isnt accessing it. 

also. use a cable. like this one: 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ethernet cable

3 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

you.... do know that thats just a computer generated guess right?

i once had a mac that said "2 weeks remaining" and the next morning it was installed.

its easier to just look at your download speed using speedtest.net, then use that to calculate how long it will take.

note: speedtest.net is in megabits meaning 1/8th of a megabyte. warframe is about 40GB = 40960MB = 327680Mb

if you had lets say 100Mb/s download that would take you 327680/100=3276.8 seconds.

if you only have 10Mb/s it would take you about 32768 seconds.

and worst case scenario with 1Mb/s it would take you 327680 seconds, which would indeed take multiple days, but 1Mb/s is 1995 internet or smth. 

also. your internet is usualy faster overnight, because your family isnt accessing it. 

also. use a cable. like this one: 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ethernet cable

Hahahahaha, i died at the cable. Can't access cable long enough to wire it to my PC. And boy trust me they never damn sleep. that downloading speed is like the best i can get while they're not home lol. I remember when i first downloaded Warframe when it was released on Steam it took me like 3-4 days lol fml 

Are you trying to say that i have no other option but to redownload it? Well, F*** me steam.

2 minutes ago, Hurtzl said:

Hahahahaha, i died at the cable. Can't access cable long enough to wire it to my PC. And boy trust me they never damn sleep. that downloading speed is like the best i can get while they're not home lol. I remember when i first downloaded Warframe when it was released on Steam it took me like 3-4 days lol fml 

Are you trying to say that i have no other option but to redownload it? Well, F*** me steam.

can you use speedtest and post your internet speed here? also. you can always move your pc

Let it download the game files for a bit (to the point where the big files [>4 GB] started to downloaded),

- What they meant by this part is download from steam itself not on Warframe launcher.

Then, you have to manually edit a flag on a file inside steam for it to recognize that it's been downloaded. Otherwise steam will continue to redownload the whole thing.

Edited by Erocelec

11 minutes ago, Erocelec said:

Let it download the game files for a bit (to the point where the big files [>4 GB] started to downloaded),

- What they meant by this part is download from steam itself not on Warframe launcher.

Then, you have to manually edit a flag on a file inside steam for it to recognize that it's been downloaded.

And where do i find such flag?

Just now, Erocelec said:

Go to Steam>steamapps folder and look for appmanifest_230410.acf, open it with notepad search and edit StageFlags from 1036 change to 4, then save.

Do i do this while the download is running or it wont matter?

1 minute ago, Hurtzl said:

Do i do this while the download is running or it wont matter?

Close Steam completely. You won't be able to save the changes if Steam is open.

Also, to add to that delete the folder 230410 inside Steamapps>downloading.

Edited by Erocelec

1 minute ago, Erocelec said:

Close Steam completely. You won't be able to save it if Steam is open.

This is what i am seeing; its not 1036. it says >"StateFlags"       "1538"    "installdir"

13 minutes ago, Erocelec said:

Go to Steam>steamapps folder and look for appmanifest_230410.acf, open it with notepad search and edit StateFlags from 1036 change to 4, then save.

i @(*()$ love you like @(*()$ seriously can i @(*()$ marry you rn