Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen freezes, but the game continues as normal.

PsychoSunshine

So, I'm trying to play with my brother on a fissure mission. Our PCs have the exact same parts, but this only happens to me. Seemingly at random, my picture, not my game, will start stuttering and eventually freeze altogether, but the game audio still functions as normal. I can walk around, shoot my gun, and do pretty much anything else you can think of... except see what I'm doing. This has happened four times in a row within ten minutes today and is making it impossible to play my favorite game. I'm using the exact same settings as my brother and everything. I'm running Windows 10 Creator's Update, just like my brother. My brother has never experienced this issue before. This has happened to me before but has come back with a vengeance. Here's an example of it happening from a while ago. Also, be warned, my mic was very loud at this point in time.

I'm also not the only person this is happening to. I'm going to namedrop @EviIPandaFTW as this same thing happened to her during The Pacifism Defect. The one thing our computers have in common is an NVIDIA GPU.

Edited by PsychoSunshine

• 2 weeks later...

same issue as well. was doing a survival (orokin derelict) mission with friends and kept going until it they completed it and game kept frozen. force the game closed and did not get the reward even though I was still with them for the completion.

Same here, specs (copypaste from Speccy):

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz    43 °C
    Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
    16,0Gt Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (10-10-10-30)
Motherboard
    MSI Z97 PC Mate(MS-7850) (SOCKET 0)    43 °C
Graphics
    Acer P236H (1920x1080@60Hz)
    Acer V233H (1920x1080@60Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (Palit Microsystems)    65 °C
Storage
    223GB KINGSTON SV300S37A240G (SSD)    29 °C
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10PURX-64E5EY0 (SATA)    30 °C

...and GPU Driver version 382.05

• 2 weeks later...

Same Issue. Came back after having been away for a while and the game freezes seconds after login. As it stands, the game is broken.

e: alright, I think I found the issue: Set your card clocks back to normal in case you have them overclocked. The game seems to run stable now.

Edited by MajorKoenisch

Having the same problem since Nidus, but i had the problem that there the image disappeared, now it freezes and have to close the game. When i open it again my fps is stupid low and have to restart the pc so it works properly again.

I've been looking other places for help, and for some deactivating the Direct X seemed to help them, but it didn't work for me.

Edited by megs1911

• 3 weeks later...
On 24.5.2017 at 4:00 PM, MajorKoenisch said:

Same Issue. Came back after having been away for a while and the game freezes seconds after login. As it stands, the game is broken.

e: alright, I think I found the issue: Set your card clocks back to normal in case you have them overclocked. The game seems to run stable now.

So I downloaded nvidia systems tools only to discover my GTX 970 factory settings are set to MINIMUM on all 3D application levels (540MHz) while specifications say 1050MHz for base clock speed. Guess I could try tomorrow run it at 1050MHz and see if it crashes. Quickly tested and it happily puts clock speed to 1050MHz without any temp increase so far but that was just on menus/liset.

Edit: and by the by I have had this problem for an year now, so far only with Warframe. 🤗

Edited by Patzer

No bonus. Just got first crash with 1050MHz GPU clock speed. Next I'l try low graphic setting with factory clock speed settings.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Manufacturer    NVIDIA
    Model    GeForce GTX 970
    Device ID    10DE-13C2
    Revision    A2
    Subvendor    Palit Microsystems (1569)
    Current Performance Level    Level 4
    Current GPU Clock    540 MHz
    Current Memory Clock    3505 MHz
    Voltage    0,981 V
    Bus Interface    PCI Express x16
    Temperature    66 °C