Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help on neptune

Donger304

Question

Ok so im getting basicly one shot by every thing now I have Mag with thifes wit,redirection,intesify,flow,rage,fast deflection,and stretch. With a Dread with speed trigger,metal auger,infected clip,strombringer,rupture,ammo drum,serration,and point strike. But it seems like i dont do any damage.  If any one could advise a better setup for my warfram/mods, weapon/mods, or any advice for me id be very grateful. 

P.s. im using gammacore and broken war

Edited by Donger304
Better insight

3 answers to this question

Dread doesn't need Metal Augur, Bows have Punch Through on charged shots.
(You do fully charge your shots, right?)
Replace it with Vital Sense to make your attacks deal more than double the damage,
and definitely find a Split Chamber (e.g. from Excavations) for another big damage multiplier.

Element-wise, Corrosive is a good all-rounder but not necessarily the best against Corpus,
try Magnetic and / or Toxin, or even Magnetic + Gas if you've got the Mod slots.
And ... why the Hek are you using a +Impact damage Mod on a Slash weapon?

Yeah, Mag is a bit squishy if you don't have a build that lets you spam her powers,
though relying on Rage (without Vitality, even) to replenish Energy seems less than optimal.
You could e.g. try joining some Vault runs for Fleeting Expertise (also e.g. Overextended / Transient Fortitude)
which'll allow you to use your (stronger) powers with more abandon.

Though still, if you keep your distance (Bows aren't Shotguns)
and take your time to retreat and let your Shields refill
(plus maybe get a Sentinel with Guardian to help with that),
you should come out ahead most of the time.
Enemy Sense is also a great help in gauging enemy density / overall situation.

What's your playstyle? Are you often storming in Leeroy Jenkins Rambo-style?
Then maybe Mag isn't the Frame for you (until you get better Mods / more experience),
that's okay, there are over 30 other ones, after all :P
Maybe give, say, Rhino or Frost a try, those bad boys
are much more comfortable charging into the midst of battle.
Or, if you like sniping stuff, Ash / Loki / Ivara can do so much more safely.

Just my 2 Plat :D

Mmm, Neptune's a tricky place. I remember crying over the difficulty spike after I died there for the first time. 

Mag lover to fellow Mag user, I'll toss out a few tips that'll hopefully help you overcome the odds.

1. Did you upgrade your mods? Redirection is extremely useful for boosting your survivability, Stretch and Intensify are amazing for Mag's abilities, you'll want to be using Magnetize as much as possible for the damage and defensive capabilities, so maybe throw in Continuity if you have one. (If you don't, it can be farmed from Captain Vor on Mercury)

2. As Zeku's pointed out, your Dread build is a little wonky. Get rid of that Rupture, it's useless on the Dread, and add Electricity and Cold for Magnetic damage, or Fire and Toxin for Gas damage, both of which are far more effective at slaying Corpus units.

3. Would you mind filling us in on exactly what's killing you? If it's a light unit like a Moa or simple Crewman, then maybe try the tips above, you'll have them in no time. But if it's a strange and scary thing like a Bursa or Comba, you're really going to need to pack more punch, or play smarter (as Zeku's also pointed out).

4. What are your secondary and melee weapons? I know a few that are stellar at taking down Corpus (Kogake, Obex, for melee, Atomos, Akzani for pistols), and maybe you already have them or are just a bit of grinding away from building them.

5. If you're still facing trouble, try playing in a squad (set matchmaking to public before running a mission), or sending me a private message on the Forums. I'll do my best to address concerns from there. :3