Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo layout icon set with bounding boxes

Buff00n

Question

Over the last few months I've been doing some experimenting with my Dojo to figure out the exact bounding boxes of the various rooms.  There is a grid, as far as I can tell, but the grid for bounding boxes is much finer than you might expect.  For example, the Reactor room is 16 grid units across but the Bio Lab is only 14, and the basic Clan Hall is actually 18 grid units wide.  

Anyway, I made an icon set anyone can use to lay out their Dojo and be reasonably sure things will fit before building.  I've been sitting on this for a while, waiting for the new Kingpin room.  But I guess I'll just update it when that drops.

The icon set is in a couple of different formats and sizes.  

Single .png with all icons, one grid unit is 10x10 pixels:

Spoiler

FaAJPPd.png

Single .png with all icons, one grid unit is 5x5 pixels:

Spoiler

eIEnoAJ.png

Doors are marked with green grid squares and should line up when you're arranging them.  Bounding boxes should be aligned on 10x10/5x5 pixel boundaries.  The light blue outline around each room marks their bounding box as far as I've determined.  

Here's an example showing the "minimal" Dojo with the 10x10 set:

Spoiler

vriIQOT.png

Note the Clan Hall's bounding box is just a little bit wider than the reactor, which limits what you can build right beside it.

And another example, showing something that's pretty close to my current Dojo with every icon in the 5x5 set:

Spoiler

YD9Av22.png

Finally, I have a .zip file containing all the above images, individual image files for each room/size, and the .svg source files.  I prefer doing layouts directly with the .svg, using an SVG editor like Inkscape.  Just turn on bounding box snapping and it's super easy.

Zip file link

Edited by Buff00n

1 answer to this question