Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Update 9 Feedback (Auras, Nova, Sobek, And Ancients)

omgeveryone9

I know there are many threads on this, but I want to pitch my own thoughts on Update 9 after playing it for a few days.

#1: The Aura system has to go. Sorry, but I don't want auras to take space on my precious mod slots. It's nice to see how the auras work, but that does not make up the fact that mod slots have to be used for these things.

#2: Nova needs a slight rework. This only about one ability: Worm Hole. From previous experience, abilities like switch teleport just don't work well in Warframe. Unless we have something similar to TF2 where you can kill people by placing them in death pits or teleport kills Worm Hole is not going to be used my most people. There might be a creative way to make this ability become useful (like using wormhole with vortex on a choke point), but it remains to be too situational to be good.

#3: Sobek needs a buff. I like the idea of the Sobek, but it feels like pre U9 burston where the damage and DPS is just too low for most people to like it. A slight damage buff is all it needs for it to feel powerful.

#4. WTF just happened to Ancients?! I liked the original design of the ancients, but U9 ruined the infested for me. The current design looks like if it came from AO and would feel more at home as a failed experiment than something that came from a disease. It just looks... HORRIBLE. The update description "deceived" me and I thought that we would get a new type of ancient, but I was tricked and all we got was a lazier rehash of the ancients.

Now don't get me wrong. I enjoyed update 9, but yet again the lazy design from DE is bugging me again

I know there are many threads on this, but I want to pitch my own thoughts on Update 9 after playing it for a few days.

#1: The Aura system has to go. Sorry, but I don't want auras to take space on my precious mod slots. It's nice to see how the auras work, but that does not make up the fact that mod slots have to be used for these things.

#2: Nova needs a slight rework. This only about one ability: Worm Hole. From previous experience, abilities like switch teleport just don't work well in Warframe. Unless we have something similar to TF2 where you can kill people by placing them in death pits or teleport kills Worm Hole is not going to be used my most people. There might be a creative way to make this ability become useful (like using wormhole with vortex on a choke point), but it remains to be too situational to be good.

#3: Sobek needs a buff. I like the idea of the Sobek, but it feels like pre U9 burston where the damage and DPS is just too low for most people to like it. A slight damage buff is all it needs for it to feel powerful.

#4. WTF just happened to Ancients?! I liked the original design of the ancients, but U9 ruined the infested for me. The current design looks like if it came from AO and would feel more at home as a failed experiment than something that came from a disease. It just looks... HORRIBLE. The update description "deceived" me and I thought that we would get a new type of ancient, but I was tricked and all we got was a lazier rehash of the ancients.

Now don't get me wrong. I enjoyed update 9, but yet again the lazy design from DE is bugging me again

um the only thing i kinda agree with here is the aura system but i dont think it needs to go its kinda dumb tht they take up mods cap so i do think they need to change tht some how. the best solution imo is to just make the use up no cap. i didnt see anything unbalanced about artifacts so y make us decid if we should have them at all?

on ur second point i dont think they should scrap wormhole even though i dont really see how it fits her thing..... none the less its a pretty unique ability: no other warframes have a targetless teleport. so i give prop to DE for trying tht sure it a little buggy but i think if they soothed out the bugs, reduced the cost ( i believe its at 75 which is probably the sole reason not many would use it) and added a cool exit animation/effect tht ability would be good to go. however i do think tht she does need more CC/utility and not just all out dmg. i think, though i havent played her yet, tht her 2 sounds like it could be a candidate for tht (btw what is a matter spike?)

i dont have the sobek yet nor do i know much on tht topic

lastly isnt it a little late to be complaining about the ancients? (They showd a preview of they in the last stream....) i ONLY partially agree though despite tht. i just feel like there a lil out of place right now..... maybe show color differences for different types of ancients..... or maybe we both just need to get used to them 

I agree with all those points except the ancients. The new ancients are nice. They managed to establish that eery feel about them. Unfortunately, it has worked slightly less well in the heat of combat than in the 3d renders shown in the livestream videos, but they're definitely better than giant leaper/runners.

Sobek actually needs a complete re-design. It's a double barrel shotgun, so it doesn't make sense to be a space AA-12, even if the raw damage gets buffed.

Seriously. The Auras are soooo buffed compared to the artifacts, they more than earn their points. 

I will GLADLY put another forma in my frame to squeeze in the extra points for an energy siphon or a rifle amp when they are both way better than before. 

When you read all the whine about people having the wrong polarity in their aura slot, or auras taking up mod points, it's like people somehow didn't notice rifle amp went up to 45% or that energy siphon on max rank feels like it used to feel when the whole cell had energy siphon at the same time.

Turning the artifacts into mods makes them feel a lot more like they fit in with the rest of the game instead of being this weird little tacked on thing that new players don't even understand what they are. I'm guessing there will be a lot less people asking where the artifact they got went, or how to change them out.

Sobek looks great, I couldn't care less about the design being weird or unrealistic, it looks cool. But it's just weird that it's incredibly bad. 

Was it supposed to fire both barrels at once originally, and then someone switched it to 1 but forgot to boost the damage?