The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Peeps see what mods are installed on Sent Weaps?

Carnage2K4

So we were having a discussion on TS about mods being installed on sent weaps being annoying as you can never tell what is installed and what is not... and it came up that one of our clan members can see what Mods he has installed on another weapon...

In the image below you can see the top Speed Trigger has a little hexagon above the mods level dots, he's saying this indicates to him that that mod is installed on the sentinel weapon in his current loadout.

k0hYhfF.jpg

Now this is my UI, The Split Chamber is installed on the sentinel weapon in my current loadout... The only time I ever get the little hexagon is when looking at the actual configuration slots as with Sinister Reach, serration etc. but never in the mod list.

230410_screenshots_20170430221053_1__1__

Does anyone know about this as an option? I cannot find it noted anywhere as a feature of the game...

I've tried leaving the arsenal etc to see if it pops up, but it never happens, does anyone else get this little UI indicator?

Edited by Carnage2K4

If you are talking about the dots in the top of the card. that is the rarity. Common = Bronze 1 dot, Uncommon= Silver 2 dots. Rare = Gold 3 dots Primed= Platinum 4 dots. Riven should have 5 but i'm not sure. I have no idea of what your friend is talking about, but you can see installed mods only when you are fusing them or by looking in the MOD storage.

Not sure i've understood what you needed.

23 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

The Split Chamber is installed on the sentinel weapon in my current loadout...

Well first the little dot vanishes if you mouse over a mod, so that screenshot is useless to test that theory.  Secondly I have to say no, simply because I just checked and despite knowing what is in my sentinel weapons none of my mods show said dot outside of actually being installed.

Personally I think it is a graphics glitch that leaves the dot after its been uninstalled or perhaps forcibly uninstalled?  There is no way to know for sure.  Whether it indicates it being already equipped on a sentinel weapon is mostly hearsay that has been circulating for quite a while.  It has never been proven.

Not sure if peeps can see anything though, so who knows!

b620a7786ce377fff68a79c2d75272dc.jpg

1 minute ago, Kyryo said:

Not sure i've understood what you needed.

He is referring to the tiny highlighted dot directly above the rank indicator at the very bottom of a mod.  It shows up every time on installed mods (that are actually in slots) and rarely in the list of mods that are not installed at the bottom of the screen.

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

Well first the little dot vanishes if you mouse over a mod, so that screenshot is useless to test that theory.  Secondly I have to say no, simply because I just checked and despite knowing what is in my sentinel weapons none of my mods show said dot outside of actually being installed.

Personally I think it is a graphics glitch that leaves the dot after its been uninstalled or perhaps forcibly uninstalled?  There is no way to know for sure.  Whether it indicates it being already equipped on a sentinel weapon is mostly hearsay that has been circulating for quite a while.  It has never been proven.

Well he said (the guy in the Vauban P.) that he's always thought that's just how you tell... He was supersized we didn't know about it... that's when the questioning and request for images started..

And there is another screenshot I didn't include with him mousing over the mod and it still showing the hexagon.

2H7ZfuM.jpg

Frankly if this is a glitch, it should be a standard feature as it fixes the issue.

Edited by Carnage2K4

5 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Frankly if this is a glitch, it should be a standard feature as it fixes the issue.

Indeed, many have been asking for this for quite a while.  Others want mods to be shared regardless of being on sentinel weapons.  I find this idea less feasible as I consider mods physical objects placed on items so would be impossible.