The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Put Aura's On Sentinels Instead

Dazko

Again, some people cannot afford sentinels. As for you not leveling your original skills, you can sacrifice one of them since they wouldn't give much benefit to yourself as an artifact would give to the team. As for your third point, since some auras got buffed, other people with max aura can have an equal or greater effect than before the artifact system. 

Alright, here's my argument for it not being restricted to Warframe with polarity: It discourages the use of other artifacts, if sentinels were able to equip them, I'm willing to bet most people would just go with energy siphon, making the rest useless. 

Yes, but that's easier than total mastery rank, which is what I was talking about. Total mastery rank takes much longer to level. 

1. "Most people cannot afford sentinels"- not in any way a valid reason against the suggestion. There are ways to obtain them, both with plat and without, the new players will build em or buy em same as every single other person playing Warframe who currently has one.

2. The auras are still only obtainable from Alerts, so regardless of whether it is on the Warframe or the Sentinel, these have to be collected first by new players before it even contributes to the equation of building their character.

3. I agree with your point that the polarities limit diversity. I do not like the idea of being locked into one Aura simply because the polarity would make it impossible to fit in my build if it doesnt match. This would even further push people to slot the --- polarity, stick Energy Siphon in there and forget about the other upgraded Auras that are now viable due to the buffs.

@DesuEx

It seems like you just want to be able to get everything in this game for free, easily and without much effort. Plus 100k is not a lot, and it is not expensive to build a sentinel. 

You are assuming people already arn't using forma to use Energy Siphon in the first place. 

To solve your problem, DE could allow BOTH sentinals and Warframes to hold Aura slots, but only allowing the player to mod one of the two, or have one take precedence over the other.  That way people could decide from themselves where they want to put their Aura and thus ending this argument.

Only problem would be what polarity slots should the sentinals take, but I'm guessing most would forma them anyways.

I am not assuming that, nowhere in my argument have I ever mentioned that, I have only mentioned the alternative route is to sacrifice one of your personal mods for an aura. And I still do not like the aura system on sentinels, it would not encourage people to use other aura mods other than energy siphon and such. 

@DesuEx

It seems like you just want to be able to get everything in this game for free, easily and without much effort. Plus 100k is not a lot, and it is not expensive to build a sentinel. 

Why would I want everything to be free and easy? You guys are the one wanting to have it easier to use auras by putting them on sentinels.

1. "Most people cannot afford sentinels"- not in any way a valid reason against the suggestion. There are ways to obtain them, both with plat and without, the new players will build em or buy em same as every single other person playing Warframe who currently has one.

2. The auras are still only obtainable from Alerts, so regardless of whether it is on the Warframe or the Sentinel, these have to be collected first by new players before it even contributes to the equation of building their character.

3. I agree with your point that the polarities limit diversity. I do not like the idea of being locked into one Aura simply because the polarity would make it impossible to fit in my build if it doesnt match. This would even further push people to slot the --- polarity, stick Energy Siphon in there and forget about the other upgraded Auras that are now viable due to the buffs.

The new players shouldn't have to prioritize building a sentinel just to use auras. And since auras are obtained from alerts, a new player could obtain one almost instantly after starting to play the game. I'll agree with the polarity thing, they should either buff the other auras or nerf energy siphon. 

Edited by DesuEx

Only problem would be what polarity slots should the sentinals take, but I'm guessing most would forma them anyways.

Obvious candidates would be, I suggest, as follows:

Shade: D slots

Wyrm: - slots

Deathcube: Y slots

Based on their general utility of stealth/defense, Support and Offense.

This is of course pure speculation and I STILL think we're better to refine the Warframe implementation as it stands then jump them to sentinels because ultimately that will generate greater diversity of warframe use and customization.

Just want to give Desu some support here as much as I'm devil's advocating. I can see the arguments for the Sentinel case but, as I have posted elsewhere, there are strong arguments to work with it on the Warframes themselves as it stands.

It is a mistake to simply operate under the assumption that things that drive opportunity costs as the new Aura system does indeed do are inherently bad because they make the player choose their options and priorities.

I do think if an alternate IS borne out as needed, the sentinel route is the obvious route to consider, hence my comments in the debate thus far.

Edited by Drusus

I am not assuming that, nowhere in my argument have I ever mentioned that, I have only mentioned the alternative route is to sacrifice one of your personal mods for an aura. And I still do not like the aura system on sentinels, it would not encourage people to use other aura mods other than energy siphon and such. 

Why would I want everything to be free and easy, you guys are the one wanting to have it easier to use auras by putting them on sentinels.

The system, as is, already nerfs the other aura mods.  You're only going to use 1 forma on your Aura slot, of course you're going to pick the polarity with the most utility.  I'll let you figure out what Aura mod that might be.  Then what?  You still have the same problem, people are locked into one polarity slot.

The system, as is, already nerfs the other aura mods.  You're only going to use 1 forma on your Aura slot, of course you're going to pick the polarity with the most utility.  I'll let you figure out what Aura mod that might be.  Then what?  You still have the same problem, people are locked into one polarity slot.

I'm confused, what are you trying to say. Are you complaining about the balance of the auras? The fact that some people can't equip them due to polarity or what. 

If it's what I think, then of course people will pick for the one with most utility. It's only natural. But if they lack the forma, at least they will be using some other aura. 

DE can also rebalance the auras.

Edited by DesuEx

Why would I want everything to be free and easy? You guys are the one wanting to have it easier to use auras by putting them on sentinels.

The new players shouldn't have to prioritize building a sentinel just to use auras. And since auras are obtained from alerts, a new player could obtain one almost instantly after starting to play the game. I'll agree with the polarity thing, they should either buff the other auras or nerf energy siphon. 

ok one the current system ALSO discourages the use of other auras. Example, 4 out of my 6 frames  cant equip neither physicue, enemy radar, energy syphon, infested slow aura thingy, and some i dont even remember their names due to energy cost.

"why would i want everything to be free and easy"

1. the game is free + to obtain auras you have to keep track of the alert missions.

2. you dont want it to be easy? people most likely have it easy because A) they are high level B) you have max potated weapons C) have access to rare mods D) have access to the famous strong clan weapons and i can go on. ALL THIS and your argument is that "it will make the game easy"

3. no, new players dont wont have access to auras due to the fact that they most likely havent unlocked the mission that the alert takes place.

4. moving the aura to sentials IS IN FACT considered an "alternative route"

Edited by Ventias

ok one the current system ALSO discourages the use of other auras. Example, 4 out of my 6 frames  cant equip neither physicue, enemy radar, energy syphon, infested slow aura thingy, and some i dont even remember their names due to energy cost.

"why would i want everything to be free and easy"

1. the game is free + to obtain auras you have to keep track of the alert missions.

2. you dont want it to be easy? people most likely have it easy because A) they are high level B) you have max potated weapons C) have access to rare mods D) have access to the famous strong clan weapons and i can go on. ALL THIS and your argument is that "it will make the game easy"

3. no, new players dont wont have access to auras due to the fact that they most likely havent unlocked the mission that the alert takes place.

4. moving the aura to sentials IS IN FACT considered an "alternative route"

For your first comment, you can sacrifice one of your personal mods for it. Consider having both auras and the mods you want to be end game. 

Ventias, the comment about being free and easy was specifically written to the quote. 

You're making a whole argument out of absolutely nothing, and moving auras to sentinels is a bad route. New players can access alerts with the help of other players. 

Edited by DesuEx

The new players, in order to use Auras they wont have for weeks(because the missions for the alerts still have to be unlocked, they still have to get into a capable pug and still have room to put the auras into their frames slots), would need both forma and a potato to use them. So again, this would in no way affect a new player anymore than the current system does.

Edited by MrHeartless

Ventias, the comment about being free and easy was specifically written to the quote. 

You're making a whole argument out of absolutely nothing, and moving auras to sentinels is a bad route. New players can access alerts with the help of other players. 

alright i apologies for my previous post then.

also, 1 out 100 people most likely know a friend who is high level and has access to the alert maps.

The new players, in order to use Auras they wont have for weeks(because the missions for the alerts still have to be unlocked, they still have to get into a capable pug and still have room to put the auras into their frames slots), would need both forma and a potato to use them. So again, this would in no way affect a new player anymore than the current system does.

New player's don't have a lot of mods to use at first, so they could use the aura if they obtained it.  So they will have plenty of room. They can ask someone in the lobby for the alerts. Usually people with the missions unlocked are capable enough.

I am just curious because I read through most of the post and I am not sure if anyone has suggested it yet, but why not give the players the option of equipping the aura on either their sentinel or frame. If the aura is equipped to your sentinel then you can't equip it on your frame and vice versa. This would pervent players from using two auras at the same time and provide an alternative way to use the aura system. I'm just throwing this out there because i haven't seen it suggested yet, but I am curious as to what you all think about it.

I am just curious because I read through most of the post and I am not sure if anyone has suggested it yet, but why not give the players the option of equipping the aura on either their sentinel or frame. If the aura is equipped to your sentinel then you can't equip it on your frame and vice versa. This would pervent players from using two auras at the same time and provide an alternative way to use the aura system. I'm just throwing this out there because i haven't seen it suggested yet, but I am curious as to what you all think about it.

It's been suggested, if this were to happen, they would need to rebalance auras to prevent everyone from slapping on energy siphon.

You're telling that to me like I didn't know of it.

Saw the reaction some people had when they removed the credit weapons? Yeah.

you said "But then people would whine that you need to spend 75 platinum to get the aura slot."

which is the cost of a sentials. I understood your comment wrong. sorry about that. 

It's been suggested, if this were to happen, they would need to rebalance auras to prevent everyone from slapping on energy siphon.

Why? I think it would be quite the opposite. Energy Siphon would still be the standard 0.6 per player, have you even looked at the other aura stuff?

Rifle Amp: +45% rifle damage that seems to stack on all players adding a total of 180% rifle damage. Yes, that almost triples your rifle damage output. Hello, Ogris.

Corrosive Projection: possibly useful, some say it stacks multiplicatively (which would make more sense) making it something like -75% armor if all 4 have it maxed and if it stacks additively -120% armor (wut).

Infested Impedance: -30% movement speed from infested and is said to stack? Do you realize how possibly broken something like this stacking is? Now add freezing on top of that, hello, would you REALLY use Energy Siphon over this when trying to go for high wave amount? (3 speed reductions + 1 ammo gain or something along those lines).

All of the ammo gain auras are RIDICULOUS paired with ammo efficient weaponry. (Why not make Energy Siphon like ammo gain - increases blue bloblet drops?)

Honestly, I'm more surprised that people are even considering that ES will be the only one used compared to the other auras currently available.

PS whoever's arguing the case about not everyone having Sentinels: please stop. You start playing and in a day or two you're already building your sentinel - where the hell is the problem? Low level auras are far less important than a sentinel itself. Sentinel regenning your shield is way way way way way way more useful than having a 0.1 energy siphon or 5% armor reduction in enemies.

Edited by Aerroon

Bad idea, I don't like to use sentinels, I hate them, they look stupid and anti-climatic, and now the auras are only for Sentinels? I don't like this. Just remove the cost for auras and there you go.