The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blade Dancer warframe

AlphaPHENIX

Disclaimer: I can't draw figures well so no art sadly, but design would be heavily inspired by the character Black Lotus from Accel World (picture bellow)

Spoiler

maxf06242e.jpg

Name: [Open to suggestions]

Difficulty: Expert (be able to survive at 1 hp)

Stats: Similar to Valkyr but with slightly less armour and sprint speed on par with Loki.

Role: Damage and Damage Buffs

Abillities:

• Passive [Deflect] [Need a better name]: When below 50% healt, a defence system of blades activates, delfecting ranged attacks back at enemies for 15 secconds. Has a cooldown of 30 secconds. 
  1. Living On The Edge: Starts draining health untill the frame is at 10% or less for a Damage buff of 2x/2.5x/2.8x/3x for 5/8/10/10 secconds. After the end of the duration, health is restored based on damage dealt during the ability. Scales only with Power Duration.
  2. [Need a name]: Gives the player and nearby allies increansed Critical Chance by 5%/10%/15%/20% and 0.5x/1x/1.5x/2x Crtical Mulltipliar for as long as the ability is toggled. If ''Living on the edge'' is activated, allies gain aditional 0.5x Critical Multipliar. Scales with Power Duration and Power Range. {Augment} Born Leader: Everyone under the effects of [insert ability name here] are also immune to status.
  3. Piercing Dash; Transforms one of the arms in to a blade and lunges in a straight line dealling Puncture Damage and Critical Hits with a 2x multipliar. Enemies hit are ragdolled. If ''Living On The Edge'' is activated, the Critcal Damage multipliar is 4x. Scales with Power Strenght (only the damage and not the multipliar) and Power Range. {Augment} Deadly Pierce: The ability is given a small chance to red crit.
  4. Last Waltz: Holsters equipped weapon and transforms all limbs into blades, gaining high Critcal Chance. Uses a mix of Tonfa and Sparring like combos for the stance. The longer this ability is active the more damage the player will take, the time it takes for this to happen can be altered with Power Duration. If ''Living On The Edge'' is activated, ''Last Waltz'' gaines a slight chance to deal red crits. Scales with Power Strenght and Power Duration.

I avoided using too many numbers sence the damage system is broken as it is, but if anything needs tweaking I am open to constuctive critacism.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

3 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Winds_of_Purity And the best part is, with all those damage buffs the Furis will even kill enemies instead of scratching them!

I don't get it because it doesn't add lifesteal to your abilities or melee attacks, and it's a S#&$ty gun so you can heal yourself much with it.

It would work a lot better if you used Life Strike, and then melee with your abilities.

1 hour ago, daredevinho said:

I don't get it because it doesn't add lifesteal to your abilities or melee attacks, and it's a S#&$ty gun so you can heal yourself much with it.

It would work a lot better if you used Life Strike, and then melee with your abilities.

You were saying?

Spoiler

And yes, Life Strike is also an option.

3 forma furis, maxed hornet strike and Primed heat charge.

But ok, it really heals you.

But you can't rely on it.Or Life Strike. Or teammates.

The ability says it restores you by the amount of damage dealt. You have 10 seconds to heal yourself AFTER the effect ends. I suggest a lifesteal ability DURING the effect. Otherwise, you could just reduce the duration to get healed sooner.

Seriously, that skill will kill you, hard.

It's called Living on the edge for a reason, with Life Steal you mind as well not loose any health at all cause you will get it back almost instantly. I did plan on making it a toggle instead but then you will have three toggle abilites, plus I needed some kind of negative to balance the frame (which is also why the Critical stats don't scale with mods) or othewise you would be calling it op and rightfully so. I also never said it would be an easy frame to play with, infact I was trying to put in challenge!

If you don't want to use the first abillity you are free not to. Take this an example, whenever I use Frost I am 99% likely not to use Globe unless it's an Excavation mission, or when I play with Excalibur, I don't use Radial Javalin at all because Radial Blind is a better alternative.

14 minutes ago, daredevinho said:

The ability says it restores you by the amount of damage dealt. You have 10 seconds to heal yourself AFTER the effect ends.

Seems you didn't understand, you have 10 secconds to stay alive and deal damage BEFORE you get healed, think of it as Equinox's Mend, but as a timed abillity instead of a toggle.

17 minutes ago, daredevinho said:

Otherwise, you could just reduce the duration to get healed sooner.

That's still possible, just use Fleeting Expertise and start taking increased damage sooner whille in Last Waltz.

PS: I am ok with reducing the sacraficed health to 80% if that's fine.

From what I can pick up, it seems like you're trying to make a character that is some sort of Glass Cannon that focuses on Critical chance. 

I'd scrap the first ability, and change the passive to something along the lines of:
The more damage done to health, the higher the Crit Chance/Multiplier rises 

That first ability is too much of a death sentence unless some sort of life leech outside of weapons or a constant Health drain up to 90%.

As for that dash, I'd argue scrapping that too because it's nearly the same as Slash Dash/ Rhino Charge

The Fourth is a victim of repetition. I think the Press 4 to enter a new form state has been done to death. Might want to rethink that as well

4 minutes ago, daredevinho said:

I just had an idea, maybe it could drain health for the duration of the ability, instead of the 80% on cast. Warframe would take the same damage, but won't be as suicidal as it is right now...

Now we are at an agreement.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

From what I can pick up, it seems like you're trying to make a character that is some sort of Glass Cannon that focuses on Critical chance. 

I'd scrap the first ability, and change the passive to something along the lines of:
The more damage done to health, the higher the Crit Chance/Multiplier rises 

That first ability is too much of a death sentence unless some sort of life leech outside of weapons or a constant Health drain up to 90%.

As for that dash, I'd argue scrapping that too because it's nearly the same as Slash Dash/ Rhino Charge

The Fourth is a victim of repetition. I think the Press 4 to enter a new form state has been done to death. Might want to rethink that as well

1. More or less yes, it is a Glass Cannon.
  2. It's not a bad idea, but not one I really like. Also sounds a lot like a Rage/Beserk thingy and I rather not have that.
  3. Yes it is (was) a death sentance, that's why you are meant to know to use it safely.
  4. Well you are not wrong but that didn't stop DE from giving a Slash Dash to Atlas, plus I needed some kind of an attack abillity in there. I would have gone ahead and turned it into a spin attack but then it would be a Sandstorm knock-off, so let's keap it at a dash unleash you a better idea.
  5. It would only be the sixth of it's kind...and I really want a quadra-wield Tonfa :(
Edited by AlphaPHENIX

1 hour ago, daredevinho said:

New ability, make it so blades spin around you, damaging enemies and deflecting bullets!

Deflecting bullets increase your survivality, so it synergizes well with the first ability =)

Not bad, but where to put it?

PS: I refuse to change the ult!