Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions regarding Ivara

mosaickle

Question

Is her Navigator ability kinda meh? I haven't used Ivara for that long but so far I can't really find any situation where I will need to use it

Also, I have a very standard crit build for my Dread but my Artemis Bow doesn't seem to do that much compared to Dread, what am I doing wrong?

My Dread has 125% Crit Chance and 4.4x Crit Damage by the way

8 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Is her Navigator ability kinda meh? I haven't used Ivara for that long but so far I can't really find any situation where I will need to use it

It can be tricky or even difficult to control some fast moving projectiles like arrows, however merely activating it before firing on a heavy will allow it to gain more damage than normal even if you aren't doing fancy tricks with it.

IMO though Navigator is an ability that you enter a mission with premeditated intent to use, not something one uses on the fly other than the example I described above.

There are a few great projectile weapons that really synergize well with it though.  Glaive (prime) for example, and a lot of launcher weapons.  I don't use it a great deal myself due to one annoying factor.  It does not work great with multishot, it only controls one projectile, any remaining just fly off and usually alert enemies to your position.

The other day the T3 sortie was a Grineer survival that spammed eximus units.

At first I was being a good team player with my prowl-built Ivara, using sleep arrows and cloak arrows to help them survive. At some point though they weren't able to keep up with popping ice globes. As my pugs died repeatedly to flame wave spam I was frustrated that I could not help while laughing at the situation from afar, due to being unable to keep up with killing all the ice mobs and their globes by myself. Only later did I realize, after I stopped laughing, that I could have used navigator to go over them and continue helping with cloak and sleep arrows. :/

Live and learn. 

Artemis bow will not take bonuses from a dread-specific riven. The damage of artemis bow is primarily puncture (80%) so the 120% slash mod will technically work but will do much less to increase your damage than it does for dread. Artemis bow's base damage before mods is also affected by power strength so using Over Extended will hurt your damage very badly.

Dread's base damage on a charged shot is 200 vs only 160 for Artemis bow with base power strength, and artemis bow has lower base crit stats, so even if you're doing everything right you'll need to jack up the power strength or get in close enough to make use of the multishot for artemis bow to be better. Also, note that artemis bow does not gain damage from charging so for single target feel free to fire faster uncharged shots and use the vertical fan to put more arrows up and down across man-shaped targets, rather than losing arrows to the left and right with a charged shot.

Edited by VKhaun

one great use for ivara's navigator is the zenistar (the melee login reward 300 days) if you activate navigator an then throw the disk out you become an flying ufo of death and destruction:laugh: 

but this works best with a navigator specific build (as long as your build has max efficiency (for toggles) it would be good)

11 hours ago, Atylia said:

Also, I have a very standard crit build for my Dread but my Artemis Bow doesn't seem to do that much compared to Dread, what am I doing wrong?

This is a prime example of why you shouldn't gimp your power strength.  Artemis Bow is effected by that stat as well as damage, multishot, and speed mods.  Also the Thunderbolt mod gives Artemis Bow some very interesting explosions.  

The other above gave very good advice on Ivara as well.  I will just add that due to how Power Strength effects most of her abilities, it's generally wise to not go below 100% on that stat.  As for Navigator, this ability works extremely well with Glaive-types, Javlok (and the corpus version), Zenistar, Tonkor, and other non hitscan weapons.  The slower the projectile the easier it is to control.  Xekrin gave a very good statement below:

11 hours ago, Xekrin said:

IMO though Navigator is an ability that you enter a mission with premeditated intent to use

11 hours ago, VKhaun said:

At first I was being a good team player with my prowl-built Ivara, using sleep arrows and cloak arrows to help them survive. At some point though they weren't able to keep up with popping ice globes. As my pugs died repeatedly to flame wave spam I was frustrated that I could not help while laughing at the situation from afar, due to being unable to keep up with killing all the ice mobs and their globes by myself. Only later did I realize, after I stopped laughing, that I could have used navigator to go over them and continue helping with cloak and sleep arrows. :/

Live and learn. 

You know, I had a similar thing happen when I did that same sortie mission also.  It was like the PuGs didn't understand that the hallway was NOT their friend and caused them to die over and over again.  Even after I told them to leave the killzone.  A hallway with 30+ lvl 100 Grineer Eximus units is not a good place to be.  

13 hours ago, VKhaun said:

I'm surprised you had the energy to maintain prowl, the energy leeches were certainly in abundance!  Though I suppose you played smart and stayed back a ways.

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

I'm surprised you had the energy to maintain prowl, the energy leeches were certainly in abundance!  Though I suppose you played smart and stayed back a ways.

Partly that. Going vertical with zipline arrows helps.

Rakta Cernos / Rakta Ballistica procs help.