Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Fall Off

ForumSmurf

There is plenty of cover. Walls, rocks, random junk strewn around, walkways. The fact that the game does not stick you to it does not mean that it isn't there. Speedrunning/rushing would actually aid closing the distance faster and maintaining the lethality of a shotgun.

I was referring to the DE comments that they do not want the player to ever to be hiding and always moving. It just like ninja gaiden really it is move as fast as you can do not stop kill the NPC before you can get hurt. With how hard the NPC hit for in level 70 maps I would like them to add a cover system like mass effect 3 because they can drop 1110 in less than 2 second so I end up hiding behind rocks anyway.

Eddit: The current fall of range is just an arbitrary number some came up with it doesn't seem like it has a long enough range. I would be happy enough if it was given 5-10 more meter before it started.

Edited by LazyKnight

There is plenty of cover. Walls, rocks, random junk strewn around, walkways. 

This is indeed an awesome addition to some of the tile sets, like Sedna - Kappa, in U9. And with this, the short range kinda shines. I know because I brought my Snipetron. *facepalm*

Don't you see how that's bad game design. "Because its super accurate i want to engage every target too soon" is a very intuitive method of playing video games. FPS games aren't exactly suppose to be "a lets think super hard while playing it" kind of game. Shooting games are more of a "I'm finally home from work lets relax not think very much and shoot things". A super accurate gun like the Sobek that is still accurate far beyond its fall off point is just so unintuitive.

And there my friend is your mistake, because warframe is not an FPS it is a Co-Op 3rd person shooter. If you would put some effort into treating it as such you might realize that a closer range tight spread allows you to pinpoint an enemies weak points for increased and efficient damage. If I have to be within five feet and I want to make sure every last pellet hits that grineer right in his open mouth or that ancient right in his scrawny calf then the "unintuitive" accuracy is a godsend as single target dps.

Don't blame the devs when you are clearly looking for a click to win fps as though guns are the only thing at your disposal or that you are being forced to use the shotguns which are clearly not to your taste

And there my friend is your mistake, because warframe is not an FPS it is a Co-Op 3rd person shooter. If you would put some effort into treating it as such you might realize that a closer range tight spread allows you to pinpoint an enemies weak points for increased and efficient damage. If I have to be within five feet and I want to make sure every last pellet hits that grineer right in his open mouth or that ancient right in his scrawny calf then the "unintuitive" accuracy is a godsend as single target dps.

Don't blame the devs when you are clearly looking for a click to win fps as though guns are the only thing at your disposal or that you are being forced to use the shotguns which are clearly not to your taste

On what that new shotgun, its worse than the MK1 -braton. Its damage is 50% of that of boar or HEK, its terrible, its accuracy is a non issues since even if a HEK or boar misses 50% of its pellets it did more damage. Many arcade games are Co-Op as well it basically a term with no meaning and doesn't let you win any argument.

DPS doesn't matter AT ALL with a shot gun its burst damage per clip is paramount, it also need to be able to shot down a hall ways without doing 1 damage per tick. Shot guns are the only weapon that force you to have an alternative that can hit something at 30 meters all other weapons can be used at a 100% use weapon. Even a sniper rifle or bow can be used at any range(close isn't fun but doable) the only weapon that you are not allowed to use 100% of the time is shot guns and the gorgon because it was over nerf in the same HEK patch.

Edited by LazyKnight

I just don't get why they simply didn't increase the spray - that way the outcome can be predicted and controlled. 

If there was not fall-off damage and just spread increased at 30metter by a significant amount it would likely make a lot more people happy than what we currently have. Bronco has ZERO fall-off damage and you do not see people making endless nerf topic about that.....

Edited by LazyKnight

On what that new shotgun, its worse than the MK1 -braton. Its damage is 50% of that of boar or HEK, its terrible, its accuracy is a non issues since even if a HEK or boar misses 50% of its pellets it did more damage. Many arcade games are Co-Op as well it basically a term with no meaning and doesn't let you win any argument.

DPS doesn't matter AT ALL with a shot gun its burst damage per clip is paramount, it also need to be able to shot down a hall ways without doing 1 damage per tick. Shot guns are the only weapon that force you to have an alternative that can hit something at 30 meters all other weapons can be used at a 100% use weapon. Even a sniper rifle or bow can be used at any range(close isn't fun but doable) the only weapon that you are not allowed to use 100% of the time is shot guns and the gorgon because it was over nerf in the same HEK patch.

No, just the damage drop off in shotguns. The accuracy thing was simply about how it is supposed to be utilized as single target burst damage (I was referring to possible damage per shot with my dps, my bad) and not how it actually performs. I'm not saying its good, from all the feedback the consensus is that it is in fact terrible.

Regardless it isn't supposed to be a long/mid range point and click and the gentlemen I was quoting saying that its bad simply because he "wants to shoot too soon" isn't a reflection of poor mechanics but of consistently poor distance gauging on his part.

Also I wasn't using co-op to win an arguement, but comparing it to a point and click fps like CoD is equally ridiculous.

And the 100% use isn't entirely true as bolt weapons and throwing knives have drop and travel time, which with skill can be accounted for at a distance much like distance can be covered quickly with skill to account for damage dropoff in shotguns.

Edited by Dr.KennethNoiswater

No, just the damage drop off in shotguns. The accuracy thing was simply about how it is supposed to be utilized as single target burst damage (I was referring to possible damage per shot with my dps, my bad) and not how it actually performs. I'm not saying its good, from all the feedback the consensus is that it is in fact terrible.

Regardless it isn't supposed to be a long/mid range point and click and the gentlemen I was quoting saying that its bad simply because he "wants to shoot too soon" isn't a reflection of poor mechanics but of consistently poor distance gauging on his part.

Also I wasn't using co-op to win an arguement, but comparing it to a point and click fps like CoD is equally ridiculous.

And the 100% use isn't entirely true as bolt weapons and throwing knives have drop and travel time, which with skill can be accounted for at a distance much like distance can be covered quickly with skill to account for damage dropoff in shotguns.

I hate CoD and stop playing that long ago. I would say one of the best game to compare it against is the single player game metal gear 4 for the PS3, warframe doesn't compare well against any PVP game like CoD, Halo or anything else. I have to go into my old games like fallout 3 to find games that are a closer match than most FPS games. Just remembered crysis that game had the best shot-guns it would be nice if they did that. I am bored of having TV land shotguns.....

Edited by LazyKnight