Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Concept

(PSN)theelix

Mod Name: Back To Sender/Whiplash

Cost: 5 points. 

Effect: Any grappling hook attack against you reflects 25%/50%/75%/100% of the damage back to attacker, and thus pulls them in. 

Spoiler

Lol. 

First one of them literally shoots through two solid objects to make an impossible shot. 

The next one was blinded before I got to the ground and still decided to use grappling hook even though I was about six meters away. 

Rolling between every shot is the only way to go, really. I don't like playing cover hop, I have fun being a flying space ninja.

honestly the only thing I really saw in that video was someone overexerting themselves in a mission too much for them to handle, with little durability, and not trying to kill anything back.  cringe.

and honestly, we really don't need more mods.  we already have *hundreds*

47 minutes ago, -NvO-Venom said:

honestly the only thing I really saw in that video was someone overexerting themselves in a mission too much for them to handle, with little durability, and not trying to kill anything back.  cringe.

and honestly, we really don't need more mods.  we already have *hundreds*

I generally go hours in Mot. With the same build, and no people. It's not overexertion, but how I play the game isn't my topic.

I'm suggesting a mod to bandaid the poor grappling hook mechanics that aren't properly defined. Fact of the matter that an ancient who is blind and within their general melee distance of its attacker/target decided to use an attack meant to draw their target into their melee distance, even after they "couldn't" (are not supposed to be able to) tell where said target is, while defying stagger mechanics and also breaking their animation. 

If it was defined by how far away I was before it couldn't see, it would've shot a grappling hook into the air, back and to the right.

It's not defined by my trajectory, as I changed it upon landing.

It shouldn't be dependent on sound, since it would also thus know that I'm in melee range, and should've attacked with melee.

It clearly knew exactly where I was an used its ability before the five second initial stun actually ended(you can even check the timer on the Youtube video itself. It defied the stagger and uses the grappling hook within two seconds of being blinded).

It wasn't even oriented in the direction of its target, and the animation does not portray clearly, in any sense, where the grappling hook is going to go. It could literally travel through the Ancient's hand through its own heart to get you while you're running past it. 

All in all, it's lazily designed: It has no indication of why its used, is has no proper telegraph or attack radius, doesn't follow model orientation, and breaks past other clearly defined mechanics in the game, for no reason. They don't generally recover faster from staggers like Chargers do. Only that specific attack will force its way through status and ability staggers, for no reason. 

Just because we have a lot of filling mods doesn't mean that a concept shouldn't be created. We have hundreds of mods, that's wonderful. It has no bearing in my thread's purpose. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

I have a few doubts about the effectiveness of such a mod.

When we're dragged by an enemy, we're knocked down. There are already existing mods like Constitution, Shock Absorbers, and Sure Footed that can prevent us from getting knocked down, protect us if we do, and ensure we can get up ASAP. These mods cater to all sorts of knockdowns, such as slams from Bombards, shockwaves from Bursas or grappling hooks from Scorpions and Ancients. Yours just applies to grapples. The mod should apply to all knockdowns. Your mod idea reflects damage back to the attacker, meaning it could scale very well, utilizing an enemy's strength against them. However, this might be a little broken or underpowered. In the scenario that a warframe is hit by a powerful grapple that is powerful enough to kill the attacker, what's the chance that the warframe will live the attack in the first place? In addition, if the hit doesn't kill you outright, the damage may not be significant enough for the enemy.

But overall, it's a decent idea.

Edited by Dylki