Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can no longer rebind sprint to the key I've used since 2012

Synikal

I use ESDF rather than WASD because its better and makes more sense in my opinion. Because of this setup I rebind my sprint key in all my games to A because its more comfortable than holding my pinky on shift.

Well today I come back to this...game and one of the updates reset all my settings. Frustrating but oh well, so I go to rebind my keys and this game REFUSES to let me rebind sprint to A when it has never had this problem since the release in 2012! In fact I tried it on the rest of the controls and I cannot rebind A to more than half of the other keys?!?!

I cannot enjoy this game without being able to rebind my keys so someone let me know if they ever fix this crap and maybe I'll come back.

EDIT: Nevermind... I was able to reproduce this problem. I found out that as soon as I bound Numpad Enter to the secondary key binding for Chat it would unbind A from sprint/roll and not allow me to rebind it until I unbound Numpad Enter... That's just wild...

Edited by Synikal
Found the problem...

I had a similar problem recently with my melee keybindings. It sounds like you have been pretty thorough with checking, but have you made certain A is not bound to anything else? I had to make a few passes before I found the conflict in my case.

1 minute ago, freeformline said:

I had a similar problem recently with my melee keybindings. It sounds like you have been pretty thorough with checking, but have you made certain A is not bound to anything else? I had to make a few passes before I found the conflict in my case.

Yeah usually it'll unbind a key from one of you use it on another but I could not see anywhere in any of the binding settings that A was used. Clicking the Defaults button fixed it somehow though.... hmmm

Now if only I could figure out how to delete my thread like I could before...