The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frohd Bek after Ambulas Reborn

evergreenmind

I'm rather sure that the Operation has ended or is almost ended, so i feel like this is appropriate. I hope everyone enjoyed and had fun in the Operation, i found it entertaining enough.

Still, image contains mild spoilers, so if you haven't played hurry the Hek up be warned.

Spoiler

tumblr_oprlqiIDyx1umflspo1_1280.jpg

- " My dad got blown up by Ergo Glast in the morning, and he sent me this. " Darvo, probably.

For just the pic with no flavortexts, hop into either my tumblr or twitter.

That all said, i had minor issues with the way Old man F was portrayed in the the Operation. But i have no interest on starting another threat somewhere else to complain, and i'm sure such complaining is not allowed here in Fan Art. So just enjoy.

His larynx was rebuilt. What's wrong with that?

Or did you just have an issue with the way he was acting?
If you did, I can sympathize with Darvo for moving away from the Board. It actually makes sense if you think about it.

Also, I like your art. Everyone knows he didn't die. :3

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

9 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

His larynx was rebuilt. What's wrong with that?

Or did you just have an issue with the way he was acting?
If you did, I can sympathize with Darvo for moving away from the Board. It actually makes sense if you think about it.

Also, I like your art. Everyone knows he didn't die. :3

Yea the larynx wasn't an issue - i quite liked that change infact. We can actually understand him!

I also liked some snippets of info we got more: part of his background and that apparently he's now the Chairman of the Board. Moving up in the world, i see.

Gonna put my rant under a spoiler so ppl don't have to be bothered by it.

Spoiler

What bothers me is in fact the way he acted. It feels like he was written into more generic villain character, instead of the more neutral person he was shown to be before. The version that stood back and actually thought things through before throwing shade at Tenno or actually joining forces with them was a fascinating character. Bek we get in AR is kinda like Diet-version of Nef Anyo. Ergo Glast digging up receipts doesn't help either.

It's like DE tries to show Glast in exceptionally good light, but does it in the cost of other interesting characters. We know he is like the Corpus Jesus, he kinda proved it in Glast Gambit, we don't need anymore proof. And in there it worked and it was entertaining as ever, because Anyo and him played off each other well, and also because Neffy is a total creep from the get-go.

Here? I don't know, here it everything felt way too trying to go "look, he's a bad guy!" - i mean we KNOW Frohd Bek is evil, he is in h*cking Corpus for Lotus' sake. You don't need anymore proof, that immediately gives us an idea what he is capable and willing to do and what his motives are. We got the basics covered, so the rest is open to interesting character development.

the man who used to think "Tenno are too dangerous, too profitable to anger" now turned into cocky scammer who purely disrespects the Tenno, calling them "stainless-steel rats" and dropping Ambulas - models on them without a second thought.

I try to understand it: This is the first time we very openly go against him (barring Ties that Bind, but that was more of a rescue mission) so you kinda have to leave the table manners out. He is also a Chairman now with bunch of new toys, i can see him being over his head at the moment. But it doesn't justify all of his actions in my opinion.

I'm not saying this whole event was  mistake. Far from it. It introduced a interesting new proxy and was fun to play with interesting new lore. What i simply think is that some re-writes for the dialogue would'ave made it feel a bit better. There's not even a need to re-do anything gameplay/plot wise, just the dialogue would'ave been a tad different and i wouldn't have to complain like an idiot.

Bare in mind everyone, i am of course rather biased towards Frohd Bek as a character for .... reasons [cough] Everything i rant about needs to be taken with a hefty amount of salt.

And yea it's pretty clear he didn't die. DE doesn't just throw it's characters out with the bath water willy-nilly. As long as he doesn't come back around as infected or half-robotic i'm totally cool with it.

1 hour ago, Primbone said:

so, what's the larynx anyway?

Larynx, or a voice-box, is an organ inside human throat that houses your vocal cords inside it. You drive air through your vocal cords to create sound. That is how talk happens.

Google exists.

12 hours ago, evergreenmind said:

Larynx, or a voice-box, is an organ inside human throat that houses your vocal cords inside it. You drive air through your vocal cords to create sound. That is how talk happens.

Google exists.

great

yet gross