Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Build?

(PSN)Qanzuko

Question

I have looked around and I still don't know if its better to build Nidus for max duration or minus duration? I want to be super tanky as I find myself playing solo more often then not so I want to build him so he can generate stacks easy and stay alive as long as possible, if you can post or link build here I would greatly appreciate it thank you.

7 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Lluminate said:

Maybe not max duration, but you definitely need at least a little bit because of Parasitic Link.

Most Nidus builds are max strength & range, some duration, and use efficiency as the dump stat since he can either make use of Rage or endlessly generate energy with Virulence.

This build is similar to the one I use.

Would Stand United be good for more survivability?

3 minutes ago, Lluminate said:

It wouldn't hurt but I personally believe Corrosive Projection or Growing Power is far more valuable.

Would all this power strength make it hard to build stacks? seeing as you will one shot a lot of stuff.

I use

growing power

blind rage

rage

primed flow

primed continuity

constitution

stretch

steel fiber 

intensify

cunning drift

i put like 6 or 7 forma on him just to get a larger energy pool to start matches so I can use 2 + 1 to increase my pool.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Surazaku said:

Would all this power strength make it hard to build stacks? seeing as you will one shot a lot of stuff.

It's certainly possible depending on the level of enemies you're fighting.  Most builds assume you fight a certain level of content.  If you fight lower level content you'd probably be one-shotting it.  In the case of a super tanky build the assumption is that you're fighting things that would easily kill you without that build.  Higher level content = lower chance of one-shotting with that build.

Power Strength and Stack gains based on level range doesn't really matter.

When you one shot enemies with Nidus' Virulence, the enemies aren't dangerous enough to need many stacks and when enemies are dangerous it will take multiple stomps to bring them down so you will gain stacks more quickly. The situation solves itself.

Negative duration for Nidus is only good for farming credits or low level stuff. It has no real value outside that. Grineer are the only faction that don't have a way to shut down his 2nd ability in some way. Relying on it as a CC roll isn't ideal and he's be much better used as a buff frame if anything.