Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is ash so neglected?

Prophet_007

Question

I am an ardent lover of ash prime. But in the forums when I see people suggesting best solo frames, they often tend to neglect ash. Even after the rework, ash is great. He is a very good choice for survival missions also exterminate. If properly build also good for spy... But still people neglect him. 

Shed some light on this topic. 

Thank you 

9 answers to this question

The best solo survival frames are Ivara, Octavia and Ash.

I think it mostly comes down to Ash really showing his value in late game endurance runs and those types of players are a minority.

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)rocketstar31 said:
8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)rocketstar31 said:

I believe Ash and Loki are sometimes undermined (Ash 'cos of rework, Loki as he's squishy) but with the right builds they can be awesome to play with.

I can understand what you are saying.. It makes me sad to be honest. When I went to the void for survival my squad mates kept on blaming me for killing more than they could as I was running as drifting blade ash. Still I revived them whenever they went down and when I went down no one revived me. The excuse they gave where that they couldn't find the way to me

33 minutes ago, Drakulon said:

Best Solo survi frames is all when know how play and use naramon and crit melle weapon;d

Ash's kit is literally set around it :9

What may also play part in all of this... The majority of the players tend to ignore that focus, arcanes and even stuff like event or newer melee mods even exist and hardly anyone ever plays melee anyways but that's exactly what ash provides... invisibility synergy with trickery and naramon, Bladestorm, which doesn't only provide insane damage but also sustains combo from a distance, seeking that ripps armor and his passive that boosts slash, what gives insane results with wound up combo melee too...

People love good standalone results and they hate awesome results with the tools DE choose to set his rework around.

There's also this fraction of "ash fanboys" that hate ash and love anime ninjas, which don't do theyr frickin job as self proclaimed fans eather.

Not much you can do about it but recommend him yourself. I sure do.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

24 minutes ago, Drakulon said:

Best Solo survi frames is all when know how play and use naramon and crit melle weapon;d

No it's not.

Stealth multipliers and melee will get you around lvl 350. You'll need more than that to keep going. Something Ash has.

But no self respecting endurance runner uses Naramon anyways.

Ivara / Octavia can break lvl 3,000 and Ash can push lvl 800 maybe higher, haven't tested in a while. Chroma / Nidus / Mesa are around lvl 400.