Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please buff Dual Decurion?

Xana_Skullsunder

DE's given a reason to play Archwing again, so I am reminded of this sad weapon taking up inventory space.

Let's look at the non-damage stats of the Dual Decurion, shall we?

- 32 round magazine
- ~ 8 RPM fire rate
- Hard to manage diagonal recoil

Seems a bit unwieldy, no? They must have something to make that struggle worth it, right, like high damage, or crowd hitting attacks?
No. They're worse than the starting Imperator, which also doesn't have these handling issues.

These guns have no reason to exist, DE. I weep for the people who made these, because no one ever sees them to appreciate the work that went into the design.

If I may, there's two obvious options:

1- Up the stats in all categories, letting it do more damage for less work.
2- Keep the god-awful handling, but make it worth the hassle. We've already got AoE weapons (Fluctus, Corvus, Grattler), machine guns (Imperator, Phaedra) and tankbusters (Velocitus), so I'm not sure what niche they'd take, but if you guys are SET on these quirky stats, you really should add something to justify it.

Edited by XanaSkullpulper

On 13.5.2017 at 5:14 PM, Cyborg-Rox said:

You think it's bad now? It used to be Semi-Auto!

It was actually a lot better when it was semi auto, given that it is basically like a oversized aklex without the damage but with the gimmick that you could actually snipe stuff with it. Before DE changed the interception maps you actually could kill stuff at another tower without going there, because it is one out of 2 archwing weapons without damage falloff.

It needs to be semi auto again and needs a clear return to zero point, what is present on the marloks, Lex, Seer, basically all normal heavy pistols but not on the dual decurion, what makes a accurate weapon with strong recoil more or less just behalves like the grakata and we already got the pahedra for that, while performing a similar awesome job as the base weapon for ripping through L100 sorti Uranus grenier underwater like paper with a status corrosive/fire build, while the dual decurion is a sniper that can barely hit something precise beyond 300m.

It also could need a base damage buff, because it is absurd that one of the 2 snipers deals 1/3 of the damage in click spam mode and the other option can one shot with the charged shot everything but the jordas golem while the dual decurion only did become decently reliable to pull that off at least for light units after a catalyst and multiple forma for me.

Edited by Djego27

4 minutes ago, Djego27 said:

It was actually a lot better when it was semi auto, given that it is basically like a oversized aklex without the damage but with the gimmick that you could actually snipe stuff with it. Before DE changed the interception maps you actually could kill stuff at another tower without going there, because it is one out of 2 archwing weapons without damage falloff.

It needs to be semi auto again and needs a clear return to zero point, what is present on the marloks, Lex, Seer, basically all normal heavy pistols but not on the dual decurion, what makes a accurate weapon with strong recoil more or less just behalves like the grakata and we already got the pahedra for that, while performing a similar awesome job as the base weapon for ripping through L100 sorti Uranus grenier underwater like paper with a status corrosive/fire build, while the dual decurion is a sniper that can barely hit something precise beyond 300m.

It also could need a base damage buff, because it is absurd that one of the 2 snipers deals 1/3 of the damage in click spam mode and the other option can one shot with the charged shot everything but the jordas golem while the dual decurion only did become decently reliable to pull that off at least for light units after a catalyst and multiple forma for me.

I don't think being able to slowly snipe an enemy several kilometers away (which requires pixel-perfect aiming) is worth having an extremely clunky shooting mechanic for close-range swarms. And you can still do that with automatic firing if you just don't hold the trigger, you know.

Compromising that little niche for max range is much better than having your entire close range capabilities crippled.

Well I agree that zoom levels in Warframe do not make much sense, given that the guns that actually could be used a 3000m+ had far to little and the zoom we have on our normal snipers is barely usable outside of the big corpus interception map(where it is also not that useful given that hacking points are not all face the same direction what would allow to take that shots) because you barley have 50m in most rooms distance to a enemy unit.

However sniping in archwing Interceptions really was fairly efficient, given that you only had to kill 1-2 units ever 15s that way to hold the point.

I for myself never saw the problem with the semi auto dual decurion, because it does work as long as you can one shot stuff(what requires a unreasonable amount of resources, what you do not have to invest in other archwing weapons, however it could use some punch through to accomplish that better) but I can see your point. I guess the easiest option would just to use the alt fire to switch between semi auto and full auto, given that even in our current version of the interception map the you do not have the required line of sight to pull off long range shots as we speak.