Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ports 4950 and 4955, AGAIN!

Acersecomic

Question

So... my internet has been acting out for quite a while and we finaly got the techs to sort it out. YAY.

Start Warframe... please make sure your firewall allows ports blabla and blabla blablablabla.
So I got and do it, I open incoming/outgoing by adding a new rule, doublecheck everything checks out.

Start up the game, "please make your blabla allows blablabla". I look around and see people reset their router to set the changes in. So I do that.
BINGO! Game works fine. I close the game after same playing and later start it up again. "please make your gearfsafwasd allows fčalsfhaksjfsa". Really? Really?
So I restart the router again and woe and behold, the game works fine again. Until I closed the game and started it up again.

I will not reset the router every time and randomly break everyone's wifi and line every time I want to play Warframe.
Is there a permanent solution to this without compromising the security or will I have to end up calling the ISP?

4 answers to this question

I get that message every time I start if my housemate is already playing, he gets it if I'm already playing, even after changing our settings to use different ports for each of us.  We never get it if the other isn't already on.  We just ignore it and everything seems to work fine anyway.

1 hour ago, Praxxor said:

Something on your network probably uses those ports, try changing the pair in settings.

Will give that a shot later.

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

We just ignore it and everything seems to work fine anyway.

Except I can't ignore it, otherwise the  game doesn't even look for a squad for me, it just immediatly starts counting from 10 when I click on a mission, set to Public btw.