Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Void 'Reactor?' Room Doors

PeculiarSana

Question

Probably not the most descriptive title, but this has been irking me since I've started playing.

Basically, whenever I'm farming in the Orokin Void, I tend to always have the RNG throw this 'reactor' room at me, that has two quite obvious blast doors on either end of it with containers on the other side.

FqUeVUH.jpg

The doors in question are the ones at either end of the room:

KPefPd4.jpg

Now, the doors are clearly doors, the minimap shows a room behind them with containers, and they have the green accent lights like any other unlocked door.

I've encountered them more times than I can count over my few years in the game, but I've yet to figure out how the heck to open them/get around them.

Anyone know how so I can finally be satisfied with getting all the loot in the Void?

5 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, ClaryKitty said:

Anyone know how so I can finally be satisfied with getting all the loot in the Void?

I promise you with 100% certainty, there will always be loot in the void that you miss.

That is a switch activated door, sometimes you can activate it and get there in time before it slams shut, other times its already pre-activated and you won't.  Also I think that room exists on both sides of that frozen patch gauntlet occasionally, so either way you will always miss at least one room.

Sometimes standing on the plates doesn't work. So what you can do is go in operator mode and spam your void blast  (not the laser) at the closed door and it should break the boxes on the other side. To actually get the mods and stuff, you'll need a sentinel with the Vacuum mod on.

I always had a feeling it had something to do with the pressure plates but never really tried to speedrun across. ^^'

Thanks for the tips though! I'll try it out next time I encounter said room.

Edited by ClaryKitty

There are tons of little places like that in the Void that either work part of the time when you happen across the right "switch"/plate to activate them, or simply never open at all. I like to think of it as slowly breaking down equipment, since these tile sets are from the Orokin, thousands of years ago.