Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible bans?

ShadowofAion

Question

So I live in a house with my 2 friends, we all play Warframe and like it a lot. I heard from a veteran player that we should NOT do trades that involve platinum with each other, his reasoning was that people on the same IP apparently have used multiple accounts to try and farm platinum discounts then trade the platinum to each other which is obviously frowned upon by DE.

My question is "Can I do trades for platinum with my friends I live with if it is of a reasonable nature & non-malicious??" I.E. (Selling them a Helios Prime set for 60P.) I'm asking here because I have no idea how to ask DE this question directly.

11 answers to this question

well, I'm not privy to the algorithm DE uses to detect behaviors like this, or if they even use an algorithm, but I find it likely that it would place less suspicion on account sets the older they are. If it's fully automated, then it would likely also look at playtimes/overall activity, since an alt would obviously not need gear or such things if it was being used exclusively for platinum farming. Not to mention, since it's likely that the player doing this will use the same credit card for every account, it probably looks at that too.

In essence, any of these things would lower any suspicion generated by an algorithm or by a human being quite a lot:

The accounts having different credit cards used in platinum purchases.

The accounts all being active at the same time, and for more than just a few minutes a day.

The accounts all having high playtime/age/being appropriately geared.

Not sure how hard this is to track, but if you all do missions in the same squad, that increases the credibility that you're separate human beings.

It's also worth noting that if you do mutually benificial trades, it's not nearly as suspicious as trading, say, 1000 platinum for a thumper mod.

And, if you do get banned for suspicion of being alts, contacting support would likely resolve the issue. 

so the tl;dr is: yes. Trade away.

2 minutes ago, Seindrache said:

I'm pretty sure you're fine, they wouldn't have included different port options in the game for the sake of lan parties if they'd ban people for it

Yea, I guess that makes sense. I would assume they'd look at the accounts involved to see if it was actually suspicious.

also, from the terms of use:

The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums.

so, you should be fine

Edited by Seindrache
fixed text colour

3 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

well, I'm not privy to the algorithm DE uses to detect behaviors like this, or if they even use an algorithm, but I find it likely that it would place less suspicion on account sets the older they are. If it's fully automated, then it would likely also look at playtimes/overall activity, since an alt would obviously not need gear or such things if it was being used exclusively for platinum farming. Not to mention, since it's likely that the player doing this will use the same credit card for every account, it probably looks at that too.

In essence, any of these things would lower any suspicion generated by an algorithm or by a human being quite a lot:

The accounts having different credit cards used in platinum purchases.

The accounts all being active at the same time, and for more than just a few minutes a day.

The accounts all having high playtime/age/being appropriately geared.

Not sure how hard this is to track, but if you all do missions in the same squad, that increases the credibility that you're separate human beings.

It's also worth noting that if you do mutually benificial trades, it's not nearly as suspicious as trading, say, 1000 platinum for a thumper mod.

And, if you do get banned for suspicion of being alts, contacting support would likely resolve the issue. 

so the tl;dr is: yes. Trade away.

Thank you very much, that makes me feel a bit better about potentially trading with them in the future. :)