Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raptor Drop Rate Of Nova Parts

BurningDesire

i honestly think its better this way, but maybe make it a bit easier but not that much easier. Also they should have the raptor drop more things such as ammo and mods so that atleast we know that it drops something.

what 10hrs and not a damn thing, how is that better?

thats not better...thats how it is now. I said they should make it a bit easier than it is now. Although it's better if it's harder to obtain but not super hard that it only drops 1 out of 50 runs

Honestly, in my experience the problem Raptor has isn't its drop rate; it's that if you kill it too high off the ground, the sky eats its drops.

I was able to get all the BPs (with a spare systems) within probably 20 runs once I waited for it to get as low to the ground as possible. Even in the cases it didn't drop a BP, it atleast dropped a mod. Ironically, its rarest drop seemed to be materials.

Best guideline I can give is that you need to wait until it's within about ten meters of the ground for its drops to work; any higher and you won't get anything because the sky'll swallow it.

Honestly, still better than vauban,  I JUST started building all the pieces for him on Friday (finally got my chassis!).  Nova I started building yesterday afternoon.  Yea its to make the warframe rare, at least initially so more people buy it, which I think is a fair move.  The mat drops on the other hand, i really disagree with.

Edited by Vanroe

Honestly, in my experience the problem Raptor has isn't its drop rate; it's that if you kill it too high off the ground, the sky eats its drops.

I was able to get all the BPs (with a spare systems) within probably 20 runs once I waited for it to get as low to the ground as possible. Even in the cases it didn't drop a BP, it atleast dropped a mod. Ironically, its rarest drop seemed to be materials.

Best guideline I can give is that you need to wait until it's within about ten meters of the ground for its drops to work; any higher and you won't get anything because the sky'll swallow it.

My girlfriend has been using her Loki to swap the boss into the building and it still doesn't drop anything. I really don't think height has anything to do with this.

Yeah it's really bad that everyone cant have all the parts within a couple of days of farming (End sarcasm)

I'd like all bosses drop to be this rare, would add more length to the game, instead of being able to get all the parts from one grinding session and having nothing to do

My girlfriend has been using her Loki to swap the boss into the building and it still doesn't drop anything. I really don't think height has anything to do with this.

We tried that too (which resulted in a proud moment where I was able to kill Raptor with melee after a clanmate locked it in the room with me, I now call that building the Thunderdome :-P), in those cases I get the feeling its drop is eaten by the floor since its drops spawn a little bit below it.

Height definitely makes a difference, every single time I've killed it near the ground (out in the open) it's atleast dropped something.

Where's the fun if you could get every parts in 1 hour or less? 

To which I ask where is the fun grinding for days and getting nothing at all?

If you want all the boss drops to be this rare you need to have something else in your life. I'm friggin out of work and even I can't take any more grinding in my day. 

It looks to me like the Raptor is buggy because it is the first flying boss, and I believe the first flying enemy that can fly that high. Wait a bit and I am sure they will patch the bug.

Pretty much this. Also explains why people had the heart break of having Raptor drop something, but couldn't retrieve it because it was near the cliff.

Either fixing the sky drop or restricting its altitude would probably do wonders for its supposed drop rate issues.

I wish I could have a staticis on my profile to show how many time's I fought this stupid thing.

I spent about 18 hours yesterday, playing nothing but Naamah, over and over in hopes to get it, only to see people boasting about how they got it in 5 tries.

I have grinded myself out of the passion to play unfortunately.

Will pick it back up in a few weeks and see if this boss is still dropping N O T H I N G 9 out of 10 runs.

If you run a boss twice and get no drops, you should assume it's a bug and wait for the next update.  I don't get how people can run a boss for 10 hours that literally was released last update, get 0 drops, and think to themselves "Oh, I guess it's just bad luck."