Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Guide] Fashionframe Color Tips

(PSN)LeBlingKing

One of the main ideas of Fashionframe is the color of your material. In this guide, I will teach you a few tips on how to color your Warframes, and also on which colors go good together.

First things first, buy a color palette with a lot of colors. My favorite and only store-bought color palette so far is Classic Saturated. Each palette is 75p, so you'll need to save up (or use money, whatever floats your boat.)

Now for a few color combinations.

Black, Gray, and Red

A popular, dark, "edgy" color design, popularized by the Warframe channel DKDiamantes, known for his fanon "Stalker Family." An example of this color scheme can be found in my current avatar, Stalker's Little Sister, the face of DK's channel.

e0aa18cfbcd6c49160f6facd834300b5.jpg

- White, Light Grey, Black, and Gold

Considered the opposite spectrum of the previous color combo, these colors are usually found on Prime variants of Warframes, and can be used to give your equipment an Orokin feel.

OrokinEnvironment02.jpg

- Different Shades of the "Same" Color (Monochromatic)

Sometimes, something goes great with itself. Different shades of blue, red, gold, green, and greys can be pleasing to the eye if done correctly.

color-combo-3-tb-662x0.pngcolor-combo-5-tb-662x0.pngcolor-combo-7-tb-662x0.png

color-combo-14-tb-662x0.png

- Contrasting Colors

It's also great to put light with dark. For example, black and white go good with every other color, but go GREAT with each other. Use this to your advantage.

color-combo-16-tb-662x0.pngcolor-combo-46-tb-662x0.png

Themes of colors are also great. It's great to have a certain theme when thinking about coloring your stuff. Think: "What colors are used commonly together?"

NtU7cMK.jpgAssorted_Red_and_Green_Apples_2120px.jpg

There are a few color palettes made for this stuff. (Daybreak, Fire, Ice, Grinner, Lotus, Corpus, Halloween, Smoke Colors, etc.)

Try Random

"But, King!" the Fashionframe veterans cried as they turned back from decorating their Liset. "Using Random Colors is a Fashionframe sin! You should know this by now!" 

I am aware of this. I'm not saying you should press Random and be happy with what you get out of it (unless that's your thing). Only use Random for inspiration.

Fun Fact: If you own a full color palette, Random Colors will take one palette at random, and then take random colors from said palette. Which is where the themed palettes come in.

With a palette like Ice or Fire, it's extremely difficult to pull 5 colors randomly from the palette that don't look good together.

250?cb=20130403174626 250?cb=20130405134655

I hope these tips help, and fashionframe on!

Mind if I add some?

-using multiple warm or cold colours together. (red, orange, yellow, saturated (yellowish) greens or blue, purple and desaturated (blueish) greens). Sort of overlaps with your monochrome, but slightly more varied.

-neutral/desaturated base with bright accents (commonly known as neon or cyberpunk).

-themed/cosplay: try to invoke a certain theme, or to look like something you've seen somewhere. Similar to your theme tip, but working from your own associations with the theme.

-when just trying to make something from nowhere in particular, start with metal or accents and energy, never base. It's very easy to get stuck doing the same things the whole time if you start from a base.

-try to stick to real metal colours: silvery white to dark gray, light blue tempered steel, copper, bronze, gold, pale gold, antique gold (greenish) etc. Weird metals require the entire scheme to be based around them to work, but if done right will look just as good.

-extra tip for those who like originality: stay away from true neutral colours (black to white) use tinted versions to alter the way the whole thing is percieved. (using a dark blue instead of black or a light yellow for white etc. will make the other colours appear slightly different, opening a whole variety of new options)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhino said:

i'm not good at fashionframe ;_;

can you give me tips to improve what i have right now?

Hide contents

Warframe0062.jpg

Warframe0061.jpg

Warframe0064.jpg

I tried to go for a battle-damaged look with the armor etc...

please help me ;_;

I'd say the only way to keep the general look but make it appear more war-torn and damaged would be tonal version of your white and black. Try experimenting with very dark browns and very light browns/greens (classis and classic saturated have good examples of this near the bottom). Post some new screenshots if you like it =P

Very much like how you didn't equip armour on one leg though, that's a great way to do the theme.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...