Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

a way to mass remove cysts? + clarity for cysts

cghawk

I returned to the game and found this pink thing on my frame, no explanation, nothing, google it and was told to go to the ''infirmary room'' which doesn't do a thing for me because I don't know what that even is, so I went to youtube figured out where to go, turns out door doesn't open, back too google we go, several minutes of searching later ''oh it has to ''mature'' great''

It was complete frustration on my part that I constantly had to google and youtube stuff.

Now when it comes to removing cysts it was the most boring thing in existence for 2 reasons

1. The state of a cyst on a frame does not change unless you equip that frame, for example if I equip frame A and there is a cyst on it that is 1 day old and then go SELECT, so not equip, a  frame B it will show a 1 day old cyst on that frame however that isn't accurate because it's possible the frame either doesn't even have a cyst or it's a mature cyst so you constantly have to equip every single frame to actually know if they even have a cyst and how far it is.

2. I had about 18 frames which had a mature cyst, half way through cleaning them I just closed the game because all I was doing was running to the room, looking at the same spam messages from ordis and chair animation then running back to change frame then running back to do it all over again and that 18 times.

maybe once you cleaned 2 frames in a row it asks you if you want to remove ALL the cysts? that would just be great

It's not like it's a hard task anyway: Pick a frame with the tumor, go to Helminth, get stabbed quick key back to arsenal, repeat. Besides, 18 is a paltry number compared to the what...43? that some of us have already. The process was made to be frame-individual and not a 'press this button to mass cleanse' due to the fact that you can not only get a new companion from the cyst and that cysts grow separately per frame. If people could make all their frames immune from the start, they would then whine about not getting the Helminth Charger kubrow variant because you can't get another tumor on a cleansed frame (aka you get to waste time farming a new frame, even if it is the 3min run that is Jackal, plus the 84hrs to build it, then a whole week).

This is not a QoL issue but rather something that honestly only affects fashionframe. Maybe 2 frames look not horrible with a tumor (Nidus and...maybe nova prime cause it is 99% hidden by her neck coils), but otherwise it's not a big deal for DE at the moment until they implement the way to regain tumors on frames you want (mentioned I believe by...Steve? can't remember)

Yes, the Helminth virus/cyst is a bit annoying. It functions a lot like viruses do in real life, which I believe was the point to the whole thing.

Going to Google/Youtube/outside sources is fairly standard practice for WF...I'm not a fan of that particular detail myself. But, I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Seeing as each frame is infected individually via exposure, it only makes sense that they would be cured individually. Though, I'm getting a funny mental picture of multiple Frames getting yanked into the infirmary by Helminth's tentacles and a hissing voice over "Come now, just a little prick, all together now..."

16 hours ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

It's not like it's a hard task anyway: Pick a frame with the tumor, go to Helminth, get stabbed quick key back to arsenal, repeat. Besides, 18 is a paltry number compared to the what...43? that some of us have already. The process was made to be frame-individual and not a 'press this button to mass cleanse' due to the fact that you can not only get a new companion from the cyst and that cysts grow separately per frame. If people could make all their frames immune from the start, they would then whine about not getting the Helminth Charger kubrow variant because you can't get another tumor on a cleansed frame (aka you get to waste time farming a new frame, even if it is the 3min run that is Jackal, plus the 84hrs to build it, then a whole week).

This is not a QoL issue but rather something that honestly only affects fashionframe. Maybe 2 frames look not horrible with a tumor (Nidus and...maybe nova prime cause it is 99% hidden by her neck coils), but otherwise it's not a big deal for DE at the moment until they implement the way to regain tumors on frames you want (mentioned I believe by...Steve? can't remember)

I actually hadn't considered that, that does seem like a fair reason not to have a mass removal function as even a warning probably wouldn't suffice then, do you think it would be a useful feature then once it's possible to put a cyst back on your frame again?

9 hours ago, cghawk said:

I actually hadn't considered that, that does seem like a fair reason not to have a mass removal function as even a warning probably wouldn't suffice then, do you think it would be a useful feature then once it's possible to put a cyst back on your frame again?

It might be useful once they allow us to re-infect our frames somehow without having to make a new frame (84 hrs + 7days and then longer just to incubate the charger is a long time af). Another point I forgot to bring up is that we only ever control one, ONE Warframe at a time. This may delve into some lore stuff, but I really don't see us being able to move more than one frame at a time due to this.