Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share Inaros Builds?

DEATHLOK

Question

inaros%20build_zpse3a2k8ua.jpg

That's all I have right now, just a balanced build found on the 'net. Everything else I've seen seems hastily slapped together to push out yet another video and bait view counts Two forma and it's done? I have my doubts.

I'd like to know if extending range and duration yields more viable builds against higher levels, or if such builds better serve specific missions. If you have the inclination, please share your Inaros build ideas!

Anyone use Provoked?

Anyone use the tether of Devour? Holding down the 2 would prevent me from moving around.

I'm a bit foggy when it comes to Scarab Swarm. Anyone use it to good effect? To me, it seems to take a lot of time to charge. Appears to get worn off rather quickly, if the climbing health is indicative of eroding armor.

Thanks for any input!!!

6 answers to this question

Scarab Swarm is a context-sensitive action.  Hold the power hotkey down to sacrifice health steadily and gain Scarab Armor.  This costs no energy.  Tap the power hotkey while you have at least 25% Scarab Armor to launch the swarm at a target.  This costs you the normal energy cost of the power as well as 25% of your Scarab Armor.

Scarab Swarm doesn't erode unless you get nullified (in which case it all vanishes immediately), or you get hit with a status effect while using the Nullifying Swarm augment mod.  In the case of nullification, all the health you spent on Scarab Armor is refunded immediately (health in excess of your maximum is lost).

When using Scarab Swarm offensively, aim for tightly-clustered packs of enemies.  Victims of the Scarab Swarm will writhe and flail helplessly as the swarm slowly eats them alive.  Standing near the victims will restore health for you and nearby allies.  Enemies that die with a Scarab Swarm consuming them spread the Swarm to nearby enemies, although the duration is not refreshed.  You can stand amidst enemies being eaten by the swarm and hold the power hotkey to restore the lost Scarab Armor while being healed by the swarm - this will restore the health the armor takes as fast or faster than it can be lost.

When modding Inaros, a Rage mod, Vitality, and Steel Fiber are necessary at a minimum.  Flow/Primed Flow and Efficiency mods are not terribly necessary unless you intend to make heavy use of Sandstorm, which is a bit of an energy hog, especially if you use Devour beforehand.  Duration is important - it improves the energy efficiency of sandstorm and increases the length of all of Inaros's CC effects, such as Devour, Scarab Swarm, and Dessicate.  Range improves not only the reach, but also the arc/radius of Dessicate and Scarab Swarm

Edited by Arkvold

FWIW, my build:

Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
Overextended, Stretch
Primed Continuity, Rage
Vitality, Steel Fiber
Armored Agility, Negation Swarm

Yep, no Strength. Don't really need it.
Dessication Finisher heals > the heal over time effect,
or Devour healing for that matter,
Sandstorm "nuking" is fun but just too costly
and Scarab Swarm still easily heals you (and your Squad, woo Range) fully with 40% Strength,
especially when you don't kill stuff too fast and thus have it last longer at chokepoints :D

2 hours ago, System.Lord.Ra said:

Hello, instead of what build i will give you a tips.

I will replace that Cunning Drift with Handspring, it makes you more tanky tbh. Almost instant knockdown recovery.

Handspring's not a bad idea, but you can go one better.

If you can fit Nullifying Swarm into your build, it'll stop knockdowns entirely so long as your Scarab Armor is up.  You can still be knocked back, but you'll remain standing and won't need to rely on Handspring.  Then you can use that exilus slot on Power Drift or Cunning Drift and get some power strength or range.