Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optional Alternate Helmet Effects.

Liminal

I noticed many of the latest alternate helmets grant undesirable stat modifications, it was less notorious with the previous batch but it happened in a few cases as well.

I suggest adding a checkbox in the color/helmet customization screen that reads "Visual only" and it means that you retain the basic frame stats while graphically using the alternate helmet.

Agreed. Some of the helms have great looks to them, but the effects are simply horrible. True, it doesn't hinder your playstyle too much, but it still has effects on it. It would be good to have utility and looks together.

If we're not going to get actual beneficial buffs with negative stats that make more sense, at least make it a toggle on/off option as mentioned.

You might say that the stat changes are miniscule... but then you get a power efficiency hat. That extra 10 off of your ult's cost cast is *huge* when you're the only Energy Siphon (which happens a lot now that they cost mod points). Fortunately, Chorus both looks pretty decent (where it meets the neck is a little awkward though), and has an amazingly good trade (+10% Streamline, -5% Stamina (lol really?)).

If anything, they should simply detatch the stat changes from the hat changes.

Make hats purly visual, and put stat alterations on modified Systems. Would allow every frame to have acces to many different blends of minor stat tweaks (as there are no visuals that need to be added for them), and would allow someone to do something like use Nyx's Menticide because they like the looks without taking one of the most worthless stat trades in the game (5% SHIELDS for 25% stamina? Really? Compared to Vespa, which has 15% efficiency for 5% armor on a 10-armor frame).

The biggest thing here is that people *like* vanity, but they also like basic min/maxing towards what they do on their frame. Some hats have negligible effects (Like Banshee's Reverb; 5% Health for 10% Energy) and can be used purly for vanity regardless. But then others, like Trinity's Meridian (+15% shields -5% power efficiency), can be a huge difference between styles of play (Energy Link for infinite tanking, or facetank with your 15 more shield points which will have to last you an extra 10 seconds for a lone maxed Energy Siphon to restore the extra energy cost (re: something that won't ever actually happen)).

... Mostly it's a problem of ability-related tweaks being VERY powerful, as what really defines a frame is what and how much it does with energy.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I disagree.

The stat penalties are so trivial that they shouldn't make a difference unless you're an OCD min/max type of person.

(I also like that the stat differences make them... different.)

Try saying that again once you've tried Rhino's Thrak helmet.

I share the basic pain of having a beautifull helmet with the least interesting stat

but still

the thing is when you see another teeno with an alternate helmet you can guess his/her playstyle. If people toogle "visual only" there no point in having different helmet for different effect

The stat penalties are so trivial that they shouldn't make a difference unless you're an OCD min/max type of person.

(I also like that the stat differences make them... different.)

Actually, they can be quite degrading if what you lose stacks on top of your frame's weaknesses(As aforementioned, the Thrak for example).

There are also helmets which give stamina over X... Why? Stamina has such a large recovery rate and capacity rate, these kind of helmets aren't worth even mounting.

-----

To add onto OPs idea, I'd like to see attributes for the helmets of that frame to be interchangeable. For example, if you liked one helmet's stats better than the other, you should be able to wear the one helmet while getting the benefits of the other.

Some of the gains and tradeoffs of the new helmets are just... Bad.

Edited by DBugII

even if their design is let say...spécial, helmets arent cosmetics , they're exo-armor head with spécial mécanics which provide effect (in an ideal world) the  shape is event related with the effect.

ex Rhino : thrack strange/big :+life

Vanguard lighter/cool :+ speed

what i mean : in strange ways ,most of warframes helmets kinda makes senses and new helmet offer you new choices 

Edited by Leyden