Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fissures on Intercepts don't drop Reactant fast enough.

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

It is so easy to get to 100% on the capture of all 4 towers... and yet only be left with 5-8 reactant dropped.

All day I have been posting in chat "leave 1 tower for the enemies" - but obviously people have it drilled into their head that capturing all 4 is better.  Problem is - if we capture all 4, then not enough enemies/reactant spawns before we win - and we waste that whole time not opening our relic.  I haven't really had this on anything but Lith relics, but it's VERY annoying.

We shouldn't be punished for being "too good".   Enemies NEED to drop more reactant - though personally I think you should do away with reactant altogether - it serves no purpose but to specifically create problems like this.  I know it, in part, demands somebody participate instead of freeloading - but you need to up the drop rates on it, hands down.

Even when I purposely don't touch any of the towers, you always get 1 player going around to them all and filling them all out.  I'm sick of wasting my time in missions where people don't want to listen in text chat.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

26 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

It is so easy to get to 100% on the capture of all 4 towers... and yet only be left with 5-8 reactant dropped.

All day I have been posting in chat "leave 1 tower for the enemies" - but obviously people have it drilled into their head that capturing all 4 is better.  Problem is - if we capture all 4, then not enough enemies/reactant spawns before we win - and we waste that whole time not opening our relic.  I haven't really had this on anything but Lith relics, but it's VERY annoying.

We shouldn't be punished for being "too good".   Enemies NEED to drop more reactant - though personally I think you should do away with reactant altogether - it serves no purpose but to specifically create problems like this.  I know it, in part, demands somebody participate instead of freeloading - but you need to up the drop rates on it, hands down.

Even when I purposely don't touch any of the towers, you always get 1 player going around to them all and filling them all out.  I'm sick of wasting my time in missions where people don't want to listen in text chat.

:highfive: yo tell dat ember to hold on her nuke, enemies only drops reactant when corrupted, so you need to give them time to turn corrupt

15 minutes ago, LycanPT said:

:highfive: yo tell dat ember to hold on her nuke, enemies only drops reactant when corrupted, so you need to give them time to turn corrupt

That's just another method of replicating the same problem.  No other mission type do you have to sit and dink around waiting for enemies to corrupt.  Defense and Survival will eaisly give enough reactant. 

Telling an Ember player to hold off is the equivalent of being punished for being too good.  

Maybe make enemies corrupt faster in Intercepts?  Regardless it should not be possible to finish missions while not having enough reactant spawn.. hell even Exterminates now have more than enough enemies so this doesn't happen.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

That's just another method of replicating the same problem.  No other mission type do you have to sit and dink around waiting for enemies to corrupt.  Defense and Survival will eaisly give enough reactant. 

Telling an Ember player to hold off is the equivalent of being punished for being too good.  

Maybe make enemies corrupt faster in Intercepts?  Regardless it should not be possible to finish missions while not having enough reactant spawn.. hell even Exterminates now have more than enough enemies so this doesn't happen.

In defenses you also need to wait, in survival not much but if everyone is not together some will miss reactant.

An ember pressing 4 is not considered to be too good

We have this system atm, you either embrace it and work around it or just ask to change the system, as of now, with the current system increasing the drops won't change anything when you are killing the enemies as soon as they spawn

Edited by LycanPT

You're on PS4? GG. 

You can put yourself into your own game with all the progress you made in that mission. Home, find an application that suspends Warframe, like Youtube, sit there for thirty seconds. 

I do this for all the people who don't listen, so if they're about to ruin something I don't get hit by the repercussions. 

Someone takes the datamass and decides to go on an adventure? Someone's holding up a boss fight? Second person in lobby isn't helping me get through the friendship doors? Solve all.

Do this if they're getting to 75% and you have only 5 or 6 reactant and they don't listen. Extract without wasting your relic and time. 

16 minutes ago, LycanPT said:

We have this system atm, you either embrace it and work around it or just ask to change the system, as of now, with the current system increasing the drops won't change anything when you are killing the enemies as soon as they spawn

I'm posting here so the Devs can see it so we don't have to "have this system" - defending poor design choices won't get it fixed. 

I will maintain again - it should not be possible that there is not 10 reactant by the time the mission goal is met - that's dumb.  And it's not just Ember that's the factor - it happens in games without Ember because the towers get captured too fast and not enough enemies spawn to even corrupt in the first place.

(also in my second post I suggested make them corrupt faster - or even spanw inta-corrupted.) Regardless - it's something that needs fixing by some means.  Just because my suggestions aren't the solution, doesn't mean DE can't make a solution.

All there is in this thread is 2 people offering band-aids - no solutions.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

6 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

You're on PS4? GG. 

You can put yourself into your own game with all the progress you made in that mission. Home, find an application that suspends Warframe, like Youtube, sit there for thirty seconds. 

I do this for all the people who don't listen, so if they're about to ruin something I don't get hit by the repercussions. 

Someone takes the datamass and decides to go on an adventure? Someone's holding up a boss fight? Second person in lobby isn't helping me get through the friendship doors? Solve all.

Do this if they're getting to 75% and you have only 5 or 6 reactant and they don't listen. Extract without wasting your relic and time. 

While I'm sure that works - do you really think that's good game design?  I shouldn't have to open youtube or whatever else lol

23 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I'm posting here so the Devs can see it so we don't have to "have this system" - defending poor design choices won't get it fixed. 

I will maintain again - it should not be possible that there is not 10 reactant by the time the mission goal is met - that's dumb.  And it's not just Ember that's the factor - it happens in games without Ember because the towers get captured too fast and not enough enemies spawn to even corrupt in the first place.

(also in my second post I suggested make them corrupt faster - or even spanw inta-corrupted.) Regardless - it's something that needs fixing by some means.  Just because my suggestions aren't the solution, doesn't mean DE can't make a solution.

All there is in this thread is 2 people offering band-aids - no solutions.  

I am not saying the system is good, don't twist my words, I just said making them corrupt faster would solve nothing and I offered you a way to bypass it till the system or if the system doesn't change

On 5/29/2017 at 11:10 AM, (PS4)lagrue said:

I will maintain again - it should not be possible that there is not 10 reactant by the time the mission goal is met - that's dumb.

There should be 10 reactant when playing solo (and more when playing with other people). Right now it's impossible to get 10 reactants in solo fissure interception - the alternatives are "fail the mission" and "don't get 10 reactants".

Anyway I don't think Devs care. Should they care, they would have tested fissure interceptions and seen the problem - obviously they didn't. It's not a strange edge-case a devoted player can find after 1 000h of play, it's a very basic issue you spot immediately when you use basic functionalities.

Edited by mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa

On 5/29/2017 at 5:34 AM, LycanPT said:

I am not saying the system is good, don't twist my words, I just said making them corrupt faster would solve nothing and I offered you a way to bypass it till the system or if the system doesn't change

Yeah except alot of what you say is just to argue - or atleast comes off that way because it's wrong.  

It's not true that Ember's nuke enemies too fast - when enemies start to corrupt they turn invincible during the process for 1 - and there's more than enough corrupted enemies anyway, that's not the problem.

Also no idea what you're on about in the post about defenses - I have NEVER once not been able to get aleast 4 reactant a wave... let alone not have 10 at 5.  You'd have to be Jesus himself to kill the enemies off that fast.  Sounds like a steaming pile of BS.  Just everything you say is wrong. 

Exterminates of 50 enemies drop enough reactant even before you meet the goal.   The issue is that the drop rate of them is abysmal in Intercept -I went out and saw for myself that everything you said was wrong -one in like 40 corrupted enemies gives them and that's the problem.  I didn't find any of what you said helpful - in fact I got the expected forum user response in the feedback area - counterproductive and based on nothing but pure fiction.  And personally I don't see how being told to slow down my farming is a bypass, it's an impairment and makes it not even worth the time of doing the Intercepts.

I did notice as well it happens in Excavate too - but that's because people get too many Extractors going at once, I don't know how they could fix that except to make it 500 per interval or yet again - self gimp.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

49 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Also no idea what you're on about in the post about defenses - I have NEVER once not been able to get aleast 4 reactant a wave... let alone not have 10 at 5.  You'd have to be Jesus himself to kill the enemies off that fast.  Sounds like a steaming pile of BS.  Just everything you say is wrong.

I never tried solo fissure defense, I'm not sure there are that much reactant in solo. I agree with you in multi: there's no way you don't get enough reactant.