Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Missions need In-progress Saves to Prevent Trolling

This is an issue that has been brought up before, but no decision or improvement was ever made. The problem is when a team changes their mind and leaves last second and abandons one or two players. 

Ideas have been pushed forward of delaying the timer every time someone changes their mind, but that could end up with people trolling just by constantly changing their mind, and trapping other players with them. 

I have seen people argue ours the fault of the players left behind for not expecting it and being ready, but I think we can be mature enough as a community not to blame victims. 

So what if we look at it from the other side? Rather than keeping purple from trolling (because let's be honest, you can't), what if we focus on protecting players instead? If DE could implement a system that saved progress after every wave, then if a player got trolled and left behind, all their work wouldn't be wasted of they lose. This method would also encourage players and squads to be more daring in their long runs, because they wouldn't risk losing all their hard work. 

I'm new, so I don't understand the concept of this thread.

I've played certain maps on the "public" setting. Players have come and gone, but I haven't lost any loot nor did I feel abandoned. Is there a grouping mechanic I haven't experienced yet?

Thank you.

Edited by DimLamp
typo

35 minutes ago, DimLamp said:

I'm new, so I don't understand the concept of this thread.

I've played certain maps on the "public" setting. Players have come and gone, but I haven't lost any loot nor did I feel abandoned. Is there a grouping mechanic I haven't experienced yet?

Thank you.

On defense maps, after every five waves you have the option to either leave or stay, and there is a timer for you to make your decision. Sometimes a squad will troll someone by leaving last minute, who then may lose they mission because they are now by themselves, this losing all their work. 

I was going to post on another similar topic, but it turned into a long and unnecessary discussion on rather or not it is a problem, so I'm posting here instead.

Not only defenses, but interceptions suffers from this issue as well, by simply having the infamous voting system. It's disturbing that I've encountered a large amount of trolls on Hydron in a short period of time, almost the whole week. It's not like I can't handle solo, I usually go prepared for this, but it's still annoying playing with these kind of people and revolting, thinking that unprepared victims could fall for those pranks and unfairly loses their progress. Sometimes, I am also taken by surprise.

Today, a random player trolled me and another person on Xini, Interception. Yesterday, I argued with a guy who left me alone on Io, because nullifiers and bursas started to become a problem to my banshee's quake and had to extract right after the 5 extra waves and also because I am tired with the whole situation.

So, DE please, give another look on these missions and consider some of the community sugestions already made here on the foruns to improve their system. By removing the voting screen and put an extraction point, just like any other mission types or adding extra countdown if anyone votes extract on the last second or progress saves like KinslayersDawn said, anything.

Sorry for any possible grammar errors, English is not my native language.