The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you hear that a weapon is mastery fodder...

Silvus-Sol

I have been playing for about a year now. I'm not ashamed to admit I had no clue what the hell i was doing the first few weeks. In the beginning it's a little much, systems on top of systems with a maybe two sentences of explanation. I remember soaking up all the information I could and "mastery trash" was a term i often heard. A year later and I just build my last missing prime frame (Vabaun) about two weeks ago. Raising my mastery has gone up on my priorities list again recently and when i looked through my codex i actually thought someone may of been using my account without my knowledge. So many weapons lvled to 30 that i didn't even remember using. IMO there are a ton of new people flooding in constantly literally clueless and they pickup alot of opinions as fact.  What've noticed is a 3 phased progression (1. Try anything that looks cool and pretty clueless) (2. Builds aren't so daunting anymore, open to more variety) (3. Confident in you're ability to choose weapons then properly mod without advice) I always encourage newer clan members to figure out their play style once the movement mechanics are down. Then to choose weapons as an extension of said play style even uncommon ones. Half the fun of the game is try outlandish builds on random weapons and frames now anyway lol 

There's this thing called Play Style, where you play the game how you want, despite all the guides and meta. If the weapon isn't entertaining to me, I'm gonna level it, trash it, and call it mastery fodder. Don't care if it was "the best weapon in the game." If it bores me, I'm not going to use it.