The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee attacks walk over low targets

Endorphinz

There's not much to say to this, it's a simple problem with frustrating consequences. Melee attacks that walk your character forward often have you walking over short targets when trying to hit them. This is a problem with short targets in general, as many times I end up on top of short enemies. These enemies include crawling infested, chargers, stunned or prone enemies, crates, or simply enemies that are at a lower elevation than the player, like fighting enemies on downward stairs.

While this is a problem from a technical standpoint, it also always bugged the hell out of me because, since when has fighting downhill ever been a disadvantage? Well, only in video games, apparently. Hitting an enemy lower than you should be much easier.

In any case, I think low enemies shouldn't be so easy to just step over while trying to melee them. Maybe make their solid hitboxes extend up further or something.

This has been an issue ever since update 13-ish/"the sword alone" update, and possibly before then, too.

I remember my very first encounter with infested crawlers, where I attempted to attack one with my newly-stanced Iron-phoenix skana, only to glide over it.

I CANNOT use any dagger weapons for this very reason: I glide over anything that isn't as tall as me. Even enemies who are just a step below me on a staircase.

I seriously doubt it'll ever be fixed. It's a problem with the very core of how we move while melee-ing, so it'll take more effort to fix than it would to, say, make a new prime.

Another problem we cannot aim with melee becaus the directions of attack are built in and if you meet a short enemy or that enemy is flying then you cannot hit it very well with melee because the melee is not able to you 360 degree to attack. Sometimes stuck when trying to kill crawlers or chargers becuse certain weapon categories are not able to kill them in the first attempt. Polearms and dual swords works better but hand to hand, daggers, and some type of melee cannot hit them well. I would like to see this changing in the future and when we are using melee we could change our attack direction insted of the locked frontal attacks.