Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ambient Occlusion causes afterimages/lasting shadows

Drejzer

I noticed while walking in the orbiter that my frame and

the infested tendrils in the helminth infirmary  near the window above the "bed"(that is located behind the "dentist chair"(you have to agree that it looks somewhat similar) as well as operators "armchair" (no idea what it is but I'm talking about the place where the operator is sitting in Transference Room 

(roundabout way of talking: "the surroundings") cause afterimages to appear most noticeable when I open the menu and exit - then my frame's shadow/afterimage appears where it was when i opened the menu.(pics soon)

The afterimages disappear if I look away form the source of light

Haven't tested it in-mission yet.

I think that it appeared in one of the recent updates (I haven't seen that prior to Oberon Prime arriving.)

Turning off Ambient Occlusion solves the issue.

• 3 months later...

I've experienced this as well, but turning off AO doesn't fix it for me. It seems more obvious with HDR on, but it's visible on or off. Afterimages of previous screens show up in shiny/reflective areas of the display - stars in the orbiter's window, reflective surfaces - if you look at an area with reflective, shiny textures, unfocus your eyes, and move the mouse around, you can see a clear afterimage. It happens a lot when alt-tabbing out and back in, or going into a menu, or pulling up the starmap. It's weird and you can't unsee it.