Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not all relics are equal.

Carnage2K4

On 02/06/2017 at 6:30 PM, Carnage2K4 said:

It's not just RNG, There is absolutely an extra underlying mechanic going on, the "pure RNG" response is pure delusion. It's statistically very clear... I don't mean to sound rude, but given the results I just witnessed, "pure RNG" is not possible.

If I took those results in to my statistics lecturer and said it was pure randomness, I would be laughed at...

So what _are_ the chances of the outcome you experienced? It's not hard to work out.

Each Radiant relic gives you a 1/10 chance of the rare reward, 4/10 for a full matching team.

How many runs were there? Lets say 20, not getting the rare reward at least once would be a 0.0036% chance of happening, pretty low right?

Thats 1 in 27351 people.

Or to put it another way, if there are 27351 people trying to get that reward you would _expect_ one people to have the result you experienced.

How many active players are there? more than that, which means that your result is expected at least once.

On 6/3/2017 at 1:58 AM, Carnage2K4 said:

Say you do 20 rounds of a mission and get 15 gold.

Then do 20 rounds of another mission and get all bronze.

Compleatly ignoring the fact that you've altered the latter to have statistically higher chance to get gold...

What would be the statistical conclusion you would have to come to?

Because that's what I'm looking at.

The statistical conclusion would be that it is not sufficient trials to have the law of large numbers kick in.

Say you flipped a coin and it came up heads 3 times in a row... i guess something must be wrong with the coin then.