Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback]New Ancients Models

i6n0r4n7e-2.0

The new Ancients model look like they come from other game, they really don't look like Infested (like a corpus or a grineer infested by a strange virus from the infinite space).

When you see the previus Ancients you can see a Tech corpus mutated by a virus, but on the new ancients... well, they just... i don't know.

But the word "infested" makes you imagine a human or something that come from a living thing BUT horrible, scary and terrifying that make you say "i whant that thing away from me".

Infested like the movie "The Thing":

The_Thing_Alien_2011_1.jpg

The+Thing+Alien+3.jpg

2011splitface.png

Or infested from Dead Space:

necromorph-dead-space.jpg

dead-space-extraction--20090408021602455

DeadSpace3_0007.jpg

From Halo 3:

halo-3-series-3-flood-combat-human-figur

Before U9:

Infested_Ancient_Healer_clearer.jpg

After U9:

2013-07-12_00024.jpg

I don't know you guys, but for me the new "Ancients" need to be changed from a new one or from the previous model.

To be fair, "Ancient" seems to imply that they are the oldest infested, and are probably closer to a pure form rather than simply an infected form. Although I think they need some work on animation and glitches with the model's stretching.

The new Ancients model look like they come from other game, they really don't look like Infested (like a corpus or a grineer infested by a strange virus from the infinite space).

That's because they aren't. Lorewise, infested ancients are the original orokin-produced bioweapons left over from the old war. Runners (and derivatives) and chargers are infested grineer and corpus.

Like I said, I actually like the model of the ancients. My only concern is the bright blue color that detracts from the whole "infested" look.

I think just minor color tweaks to the blue would make a tremendous difference:

2wqhf6t.jpg

The first one is the original

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

Like I said, I actually like the model of the ancients. My only concern is the bright blue color that detracts from the whole "infested" look.

I think just minor color tweaks to the blue would make a tremendous difference:

2wqhf6t.jpg

The first one is the original

Power Rangers: Ancients Edition