Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hidden(?) Void Room

Tecness

Question

7 answers to this question

The gate that blocks that corridor (where the two laser orbs, and frozen floors are), needs a pressure plate to open them.

The same pressure plate that opens the gate, also opens the wall on the far side of the corridor. The time is kinda short, so you need to get across pretty quickly.

Edit:
As far as im aware, only one wall will open at a time (since the gate can only be opened once from either end). That wall is always the one on the far side of the pressure plate.

Edited by MillbrookWest

44 minutes ago, GLTHX said:

By doing it quickly.

I'd suggest searching for some guides on youtube

Hide contents

Yes, well a lot of videos on youtube are old and have had the void rooms changed since then.

4 hours ago, Tecness said:

Yes, well a lot of videos on youtube are old and have had the void rooms changed since then.

In terms of void towers, the three primary parkour permutations (pit jumps - your screenshot, laser floor, and laser pit) have not changed much if at all, right down to the mechanics for their "runner up" side loot. Very few rooms have been added to the tileset, and similarly very few have been removed (I can think of one "locked room inside a room" tile that I haven't seen in recent patches that I did a year ago when I played on PS4), so most videos and guides remain accurate, though some non-timed rooms appear to have had their rewards reduced (or so it feels - I remember the canisters in the water floor room producing more mods in the past)..

I would recommend running the 10-15 Void Exterminate a few times solo to learn the tileset and practice. Most people say run capture, but Exterminate alters mob spawns and drastically reduces them after objective, allowing casual exploration.

When going on runs to learn, bring a speed build frame for the timed rooms. If you have Loki with max rank Armored Agility, Rush, and Sprint Boost then you're set, though a power strength focused Volt or any other frame with higher than 1.0 base sprint will do well with the above mods - this page on the wiki has a sortable list of warframe base speeds and their progression with Rush rank. After you have speed set, mod for loot detection - any pet/sentinel with max rank Animal Instinct and max rank Thief's Wit on your frame is perfect, though weigh the choice between a sentinel with Vacuum or a pet with Scavenge. Last, grab a melee weapon with a high slam attack radius - Orthos is cheap and effective - to break containers on the other side of walls that did not open this time around, including the "hanging orbs" hallway, and rely on a Vacuum sentinel to loot what's out of reach. Explosive primary or secondary weapons may also serve this purpose - Castanas and Talons work wonderfully in this case, sticking to the desired surface to allow precise positioning. Once you're kitted out, run the mission, pausing in each room to explore every inch, from the floor to the ceiling due to both the chance for high entry placement ("reactor room + elevator hall" has one secret near the ceiling in the hall, high up above the circular "turbines" in one of 5 wall vents, and the elevator tube itself has a secret within bullet jump reach from the floor) and a bizarre 15m max range on loot radar that defies your actual range, whatever it may be.

Always remember that just because a room has secrets does not mean the secrets will open every time they appear in a mission, even through they will (almost) always contain loot. Take the "hanging orb" room I mentioned previously:

The room appears as a long, rectangular "hall" with bridges, doors on all walls, possible lasers, an underpass with a large circle panel in the center, and an oft-missed overhang walkway running along the inner side of the dividing walls. The upper walkway occasionally contains canisters and resource nodes, but the main feature of this room is two golden spheres suspended from the ceiling, outside of the 15m z-axis max of all loot mods. Upon stepping on the circle in the middle of the room, one, both (very rarely) or none of the orbs will open for a few seconds, exposing 6 canisters per orb, however even orbs that do not open will have canisters 100% of the time. Running along the orbs are horizontal supports that can be reached through a combination of bullet jumping and wall running, after which the orbs can be seen to have a circumferential horizontal ring that can be walked on and slam attacked, breaking even canisters that were not revealed on button press, but their loot can only be grabbed with Vacuum in this fashion.

With how many secrets there are in the tileset, I've considered writing a "How To: Orokin Tower" guide. I'm just having a hard time convincing myself I have the time and patience.