Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is my Boar build?

Firan_Melkaiba

5 answers to this question

If you could get some elemental damage mods on there it would be better. Disruptor and tainted shell for elemental dmg would help you out a lot more than those 2 are currently.

All the enemies in the game are weak to certain elements or combinations. So including those in your build not only increase your dmg in general but also can significantly help you kill each faction easier. 

40 minutes ago, Firan_Melkaiba said:

I know the mods arn't maxed out. but in the long run how is it?

That is a lot of unneeded fire rate, and there is zero reason to use a physical damage mod that is not a rare (gold colored).  You will simply get higher damage out of an elemental mod every time.  

• Burdened Magazine - your reload speed is already high enough, it does not gain enough mag potential to justify increasing it more
    • at max it gives you 10 more shots, but increases reload time nearly a full second, forcing you to waste a mod slot to bring it back down a bit.
  • Disruptor - no, never use it.  Not worth it ever.  
  • Seeking Fury - will have a greater impact if burdened mag is removed and is maxed.  Otherwise, a good mod to use.
  • Shotgun Spazz - Firerate is fine, doesn't need to be higher.  A shotgun rarely needs to be fired quickly to deal damage.
  • Tainted Shell - Sometimes useful, sometimes not.  Though it reduces fire rate it still doesn't need spazz to compensate.
    •  Honestly I think boar does fine even at mid to long range, though if you are using a shotgun, expect to be close to mid range, otherwise just take a different gun, or a long range secondary.
  • Accelerated Blast - Not great at all, you are increasing fire rate, which if you really want it, great but puncture damage is the lowest on this weapon and will not benefit at all from being increased.

Even if you cannot max them out yet, elemental mods are better, if you don't have them yet, ask for them, someone is bound to be generous enough to give them for free.

If you don't have the dual stat elemental mods yet, don't worry about status and focus on crits, try to get ravage, and use blunderbuss.  Although a rare, Blaze is a great mod to get a hold of too.  Also vicious spread (does the opposite of tainted shell + adds damage), sounds counterintuitive but is great close quarters against a lot of grouped together enemies, especially with seeking fury adding punchthrough.

I don't want to over complicate this any more, not knowing the mods you do have, but I hope I helped a little.

30 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

That is a lot of unneeded fire rate, and there is zero reason to use a physical damage mod that is not a rare (gold colored).  You will simply get higher damage out of an elemental mod every time.  

• Burdened Magazine - your reload speed is already high enough, it does not gain enough mag potential to justify increasing it more
    • at max it gives you 10 more shots, but increases reload time nearly a full second, forcing you to waste a mod slot to bring it back down a bit.
  • Disruptor - no, never use it.  Not worth it ever.  
  • Seeking Fury - will have a greater impact if burdened mag is removed and is maxed.  Otherwise, a good mod to use.
  • Shotgun Spazz - Firerate is fine, doesn't need to be higher.  A shotgun rarely needs to be fired quickly to deal damage.
  • Tainted Shell - Sometimes useful, sometimes not.  Though it reduces fire rate it still doesn't need spazz to compensate.
    •  Honestly I think boar does fine even at mid to long range, though if you are using a shotgun, expect to be close to mid range, otherwise just take a different gun, or a long range secondary.
  • Accelerated Blast - Not great at all, you are increasing fire rate, which if you really want it, great but puncture damage is the lowest on this weapon and will not benefit at all from being increased.

Even if you cannot max them out yet, elemental mods are better, if you don't have them yet, ask for them, someone is bound to be generous enough to give them for free.

If you don't have the dual stat elemental mods yet, don't worry about status and focus on crits, try to get ravage, and use blunderbuss.  Although a rare, Blaze is a great mod to get a hold of too.  Also vicious spread (does the opposite of tainted shell + adds damage), sounds counterintuitive but is great close quarters against a lot of grouped together enemies, especially with seeking fury adding punchthrough.

I don't want to over complicate this any more, not knowing the mods you do have, but I hope I helped a little.

No you're fine, I wanted the Boar to play kind of like an AA-12, just insane amount of lead being shot down range. But I get it, it might benefit better if I focused more on the damage output with elementals then raw damage and fire rate. :/ thanks