Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon's armor buff with Energy Conversion question

Rioma

Question

So when someone has Renewal on them and they step on Hallowed Ground they get an armor buff.

Well is it intended that if you step on Hallowed Ground and get the armor buff, then recast Hallowed Ground with a buff like Energy Conversion or Equinox ect that the already existing armor buff doesn't get taken over by the new stronger armor buff you would've gotten? Currently no matter what new power strength buffs you get your current armor buff can't change until Renewal is turned off and then back on again.

I ask simply because I run Energy Conversion on my Oberon. I try to get my initial cast of renewal to have the EC buff. But sometimes I won't find an energy orb for a while so I just go ahead and cast Hallowed Ground until more energy orbs show up.

4 answers to this question

It is intended, as it's Renewal's casting which makes the game turn the Iron Renewal on. So the game might check for whether it's on or off.

I know because with Growing Power I also need to recast Tenewal to get the new buff. I think it's basically the same as all abilities honestly, channeled or not. What matters is the Power Strength at time of casting.

Edited by NightmareT12

1 hour ago, xXRiomaXx said:

@NightmareT12 Ok I didn't realize it was the Renewal that gives the armor buff and not the Hallowed Ground. So I could simply cast an unbuffed Hallowed Ground and if I cast a buffed Renewal I'll get the buffed armor buff.

Yup! :) And as long as you keep it on yourself, your fellow Tenno should have the same armor buff even if it's picked up later.

I also use Energy Conversion on OberonP and I found the best way is to get the orb for EC then first cast renewal for the +50% strength then immediately cast hallowed for the renewal armour. Not as strong if you prefer to cast renewal and hallowed as soon as you loadin but wait till you get that energy orb then recast renewal and hallowed ground if the team are not in range they will still have the normal armour but you can cast hG again when they are close.

Personally find him harder to mod as there are so many different ways for him. Selfish way with no range or balanced which can drain more but the party is getting the benefit more often. Managed to get 1024 armour using Growing power and energy conversiomw with average power strength (possible bug).

Edit: Also found having a pet easier to control your cast with EC as you have to move closer to the orb but the sentinal benefits more in a range healling build (need more energy) plus his augment Pheonix Renewal is a free Quick Thinking for the party every 90 seconds.

Edited by TailleDefer
More info