The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RHINO AUGMENTS REWORK MAINLY

Dohako

51 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Evidence? If you play Rhino right now you can find your evidence. If you need evidence to understand something that any Rhino player knows, then you don't play with Rhino at all. At 100k IS against a moving Rhino, it can take minutes to lvl 100 enemies remove all IS life

1- To get another 100k, a Rhino player needs to cast Ironclad and hit enough enemies to get a good buff, and they can be killed during this time making full str Rhinos balanced. If you want to recast you need to waste another mod slot.

2- To get 200% or 300% str to reach this numbers, Rhino loses a lot of efficiency and duration because of Transient Fortitude and Blind Rage

3- You need a lot of enemies around you shooting you and in a straight line to get a really good buff. High risk, High reward

4- If you do everything right and stay alive, then it rewards you with 300k or more IS and you can really be immortal. If you lose this 300k in a nullifier buble, takes a lot of skill to get that 300k again.

Now with your "suggestion":

1- Rhino don't need to waste slots with Ironclad Charge or even armor mods to get 100k IS. Against lvl 100 enemies you will get 100k on the first cast. Since you don't need Iron Shrapnel to recast, you have another free slot. If your IS is nearly ending, you don't have any vulnerable gap, you just recast and get back at 100k health maintaning invulnerability.

2- You don't need to use Transient Fortitude or Blind Rage, that means you don't have drawbacks to have huge IS numbers. You can have a efficiency build + IS and get 100k IS all the time for 25 energy or even less. With Zenurik or even Energy Siphon, you have infinite IS no problem.

3- You can get 100k IS alone without any enemies around. No Risk, high reward. Start the mission, press 2, bam! 100k IS.

4- You don't need tactics or know how to play Rhino. Just press 2 and be immortal. If your IS have 1% health, press 2 and stay immortal. If you enter a nullifier buble, kill the nullifier and recast IS, and you get back at 100k IS again.

TL:DR = OP

If you need videos or images to find these problems in your suggestions. Then please, play more with Rhino instead of giving suggestions. All these problems are easily found if you play enough time with Rhino and know how Rhino works and how players use him.

2 hours ago, Dohako said:

Iron skin should NOT scale with armor, but instead scale with the enemies' level Equation: enemies' level (1) x 1000 = Ironskin hp(1000) and ironskin can be cast on and off at will.

Also a 3-5 second cool down timer in between cast to provide some vulnerability.

Iron Shrapnel augment should be like Chroma's vexing retaliation augment Equation upon losing 20% of Ironskin Hp a blast proc gets activated with a 12m capped range.

WRONG!!!... I never said make it recastable. I said cast ironskin it on and off at will meaning if you have 83% of ironskin left you can dispel it without waiting for it to be completely depleted. Also, a 3-5 second cool down was suggested to provide some VULNERABILITY.

On top of all that I just gave an equation I didn't even go in depth of the stats or how the mods affect the stats at all.

And the argument you just used worked completely against you, because you have to go through so much to even get decent numbers on ironskin.

so once again no evidence of it being totally broken or op but the exact opposite.

so try again i'm waiting...

Edited by Dohako

3 hours ago, Dohako said:

Iron skin should NOT scale with armor, but instead scale with the enemies' level Equation: enemies' level (1) x 1000 = Ironskin hp(1000) and ironskin can be cast on and off at will.

The wording here make it sound ridiculous, it may very well be my reading comprehension but it sound like if you are doing Sortie (Level 100+ foes) You want it to be a minimum of 1000*100=100K Ferrite, add to the fact you are wording it with plural as in "enemies". It is already out of control on how Tanky you want Iron skin to be.

Imagine 10 level 100 foes, not a unreasonable amount of foes and by that point we are already up to 10*100*1000 = 1M EHP Ferrite. And all this before and additional multipliers if that is intended to exist.

Considering Frost can reach a total of 1M EHP with his dome as a maximum capacity i find it silly you want Rhino to reach this amount on end games as easy as one cast.

Rhino is one of the most versatile Frames and a very used frame as well, it is beyond me why you would want to change him when there are about 29 other frames in a more dire need of fixing one thing or another. (Yes this is clearly a excessive overestimate but hopefully you get the idea).

Edited by Hellmaker2004

1 minute ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

The wording here make it sound ridiculous, it may very well be my reading comprehension but it sound like if you are doing Sortie (Level 100+ foes) You want it to be a minimum of 1000*100=100K Ferrite, add to the fact you are wording it with plural as in "enemies". It is already out of control on how Tanky you want Iron skin to be.

Imagine 10 level 100 foes, not a unreasonable amount of foes and by that point we are already up to 10*100*1000 = 1M EHP Ferrite. And all this before and additional multipliers if that does is intended to exist.

Considering Frost can reach a total of 1M EHP with his dome as a maximum capacity i find it silly you want Rhino to reach this amount on end games as easy as one cast.

Rhino is one of the most versatile Frames and a very used frame as well, it is beyond me why you would want to change him when there are about 29 other frames in a more dire need of fixing one thing or another. (Yes this is clearly a excessive overestimate but hopefully you get the idea).

did you not read the entire equation? You're right it is your reading comprehension. The reason I said enemies' lvl is because 11 out of 10 times the enemies you go against have the same lvl. I don't remember the last time I went up against lvl 34 at the same time a lvl 76.

3 minutes ago, Dohako said:

did you not read the entire equation? You're right it is your reading comprehension. The reason I said enemies' lvl is because 11 out of 10 times the enemies you go against have the same lvl. I don't remember the last time I went up against lvl 34 at the same time a lvl 76.

Warframes current damage scaling, so it would be even worse at lower levels since the difference between there damage and your gained EHP per hostile is even bigger.

So i did read the whole equation, but i used something that people can take a quick look at and understand how silly it is.

1 minute ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Warframes current damage scaling, so it would be even worse at lower levels since the difference between there damage and your gained EHP per hostile is even bigger.

So i did read the whole equation, but i used something that people can take a quick look at and understand how silly it is.

How do you get EHP from Ironskin or Snowglobe? Explained that one to me.

Edited by Dohako

14 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

So you are telling me a lvl 100 enemy's damage output is only 20 then my loki should be able to facetank with absolutely no problem.

Edited by Dohako

18 minutes ago, Dohako said:

EHP = effective health point, it is short for how much damage you can absorb until you die. Now unless i missed something i am certain Ironskin block damage instead of being a fancy number that does nothing in your rework.

Now if you are asking how i figured out Ironskins EHP i used your calculation (1000 multiplier) and added end game foes (Level 100) and took a very reasonable amount since we do not want to overdo it so i took 10 foes, this give us. 10*100*1000 = 1M EHP Ferrite, Ferrite is the type Ironskin was before so i assumed you did not want that change, it is also a good baseline since normal Warframe uses Ferrite.

Snowglobe formula was never added, but it does cap out on 1M EHP, this have been tested but it is old. However Warframe wiki still state the same so i believe no one have retested to see if they have increased this amount, not that they need to since most frames are perfectly fine although have to be careful of positioning at around 300 + (925/(225/(225+300)) = 2458 EHP on endgame (Level 100 foes).

The one thing not added is damage type vs absorb type, such as Ferrite. But since there are both pros and cons having a armor type i excluded that.

4 minutes ago, Dohako said:

So you are telling me a lvl 100 enemy's damage output is only 20 then my loki should be able to facetank with absolutely no problem.

Yes, if the foe did 1 Damage at level 0-1 Then that very same mob will deal 20 damage. The scale is a rough estimate, some mobs will scale slightly more some will scale slightly worse. But it is not additive, it is a multiplier.

Edited by Hellmaker2004

6 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

EHP = effective health point, it is short for how much damage you can absorb until you die. Now unless i missed something i am certain Ironskin block damage instead of being a fancy number that does nothing in your rework.

Now if you are asking how i figured out Ironskins EHP i used your calculation (1000 multiplier) and added end game foes (Level 100) and took a very reasonable amount since we do not want to overdo it so i took 10 foes, this give us. 10*100*1000 = 1M EHP Ferrite, Ferrite is the type Ironskin was before so i assumed you did not want that change, it is also a good baseline since normal Warframe uses Ferrite.

Snowglobe formula was never added, but it does cap out on 1M EHP, this have been tested but it is old. However Warframe wiki still state the same so i believe no one have retested to see if they have increased this amount, not that they need to since most frames are perfectly fine although have to be careful of positioning at around 300 + (925/(225/(225+300)) = 2458 EHP on endgame (Level 100 foes).

The one thing not added is damage type vs absorb type, such as Ferrite. But since there are both pros and cons having a armor type i excluded that.

Effective health is the concept that each single point of health you have actually absorbs more than one point of damage, so you effectively have more hit points than indicated. Therefore, there are two ways that armor functionality can be imagined: either as a reduction to damage, or as an increase of effective health and incoming heals.

REH

An alternative way to think of armor transforms the above equation to the following:

( Nominal Health )
Effective Health =
1 - Damage Reduction

• Nominal Health means "health in name", referring to the Health points in your screen's upper right corner.
  • Effective Health is your "health in effect", reflecting a "truer" measurement of survivability.

Example 1: If you have 1000 Nominal Health, 100 armor, and are being attacked with only impact damage, your Effective Health would be:

Damage Reduction = 100 = .25 = 25%
300 + 100
Effective Health = 1000 = 1000 = ~1333
1 - .25 .75

Example 2: If you have 1000 Nominal Health, 600 armor, and are being attacked with only impact damage, your Effective Health would be:

Damage Reduction = 600 = ~.666 = ~67%
300 + 600
Effective Health = 1000 = 1000 = ~3000
1 - .666

There is a few problems with your argument. Ironskin does NOT have health like a regular warframe or damage mitigation like armor.

IRONSKIN SCALES OFF ARMOR IT'S NOT ARMOR.

Edited by Dohako

1 hour ago, Dohako said:

WRONG!!!... I never said make it recastable. I said cast ironskin it on and off at will meaning if you have 83% of ironskin left you can dispel it without waiting for it to be completely depleted. Also, a 3-5 second cool down was suggested to provide some VULNERABILITY.

On top of all that I just gave an equation I didn't even go in depth of the stats or how the mods affect the stats at all.

And the argument you just used worked completely against you, because you have to go through so much to even get decent numbers on ironskin.

so once again no evidence of it being totally broken or op but the exact opposite.

so try again i'm waiting...

You mean like Iron Shrapnel already does. And DE will NEVER add cooldowns to cast Warframe powers.

And I'm waiting you really play with Rhino, so you can see the flaws in this poor excuse of "suggestion". All the evidence you want is there, when you play with Rhino. If you don't know this evidences, then you don't know how to play with him. Rhino is fine the way he is now.

But hey, it seems you think your suggestion is perfect...

15 minutes ago, Dohako said:

I never quoted or said it was armor. I assumed since you did not state otherwise that it kept the Ferrite type, that is all The rest is from your equation.

You said that IronSkin and i quote "but instead scale with the enemies' level Equation: enemies' level (1) x 1000 = Ironskin hp(1000)"

I simply added that into a very simple equation.

At end game we fight foes that are around level 100

You worded it in plural stating that it will scale with more than one.

so i took a reasonable amount of foes 10

And added your equation 1000

add those in and we get 1000*10*100 = 1M.

Then i assumed that Ironskin would stop damage precisely as it does now since you nowhere stated that hostile foes were going to ignore it.

And therefore we get that If you cast your reworked Ironskin with ten hostiles in the near vicinity at end game you end up with a added 1M EHP for 50 energy.

We can then use the curve at what foes scale with to see that lower level foes scale slower than higher level foes, and therefore we can see that IronSkin would be stronger in relation with enemy damage at lower levels than it would be at higher levels.

Edited by Hellmaker2004

5 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

You mean like Iron Shrapnel already does. And DE will NEVER add cooldowns to cast Warframe powers.

And I'm waiting you really play with Rhino, so you can see the flaws in this poor excuse of "suggestion". All the evidence you want is there, when you play with Rhino. If you don't know this evidences, then you don't know how to play with him. Rhino is fine the way he is now.

But hey, it seems you think your suggestion is perfect...

I didn't say or think it would be perfect. It is what it always was a suggestion. It's up to DE to implement to the game what they want not me. 

All I'm saying is that you've never proved your point on how it was "totally broken and op" but the exact opposite.

I've seen the all the FLAWS IN SYNERGY with warframes and using another ability's augment to help out another ability at what it does is a POOR EXCUSE OF A MOD.

7 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

I never quoted or said it was armor. I assumed since you did not state otherwise that it kept the Ferrite type, that is all The rest is from your equation.

You said that IronSkin and i quote "but instead scale with the enemies' level Equation: enemies' level (1) x 1000 = Ironskin hp(1000)"

I simply added that into a very simple equation.

At end game we fight foes that are around level 100

You worded it in plural stating that it will scale with more than one.

so i took a reasonable amount of foes 10

And added your equation 1000

add those in and we get 1000*10*100 = 1M.

Then i assumed that Ironskin would stop damage precisely as it does now since you nowhere stated that hostile foes were going to ignore it.

And therefore we get that If you cast your reworked Ironskin with ten hostiles in the near vicinity at end game you end up with a added 1M EHP for 50 energy.

We can then use the curve at what foes scale with to see that lower level foes scale slower than higher level foes, and therefore we can see that IronSkin would be stronger in relation with enemy damage at lower levels than it would be at higher levels.

Well, you are just making THE EQUATION extremely complicated when it's really simple.

Edited by Dohako

6 minutes ago, Dohako said:

Well, you are just making THE EQUATION extremely complicated when it's really simple.

How so? Say us how much HP will a Iron Skin in a sortie 3 survival with 4 players in the cell have. Not gonna comment on the other suggestions since this one seems to be the one being discussed right now and you refused to provide answers as complete as other people's.

1 minute ago, Shirazawa said:

How so? Say us how much HP will a Iron Skin in a sortie 3 survival with 4 players in the cell have. Not gonna comment on the other suggestions since this one seems to be the one being discussed right now and you refused to provide answers as complete as other people's.

Well, you can't start from page 50 in a book then expect me to answer your question. You would have to go back read the entire exchange between me and the player to understand.

1 minute ago, Dohako said:

Well, you can't start from page 50 in a book then expect me to answer your question. You would have to go back read the entire exchange between me and the player to understand.

I did. Want a resume?

Also, just answer my question. It's a simple equation. Do the math, since I'm (apparently) unable to do it.

7 minutes ago, Shirazawa said:

I did. Want a resume?

Also, just answer my question. It's a simple equation. Do the math, since I'm (apparently) unable to do it.

Well one its not based off the circumstances you've mention but the enemies' lvl. that's it nothing more nothing less.

22 minutes ago, Dohako said:

Well one its not based off the circumstances you've mention but the enemies' lvl. that's it nothing more nothing less.

Would you give me a solid number?

Also let me throw these:

The 'enemies lvl' in question is the average, lowest or highest? Is it current lvl or mission's lvl? Is it affected by power strength? How much time do you think it would take for enemies to break through Iron Skin at various lvls (separated in a prone afk rhino and a moving rhino)?

Could you answer my questions individually instead of putting a one line remark in bold all caps? I'd greatly appreciate that. Solid numbers, please.

1 minute ago, Shirazawa said:

Would you give me a solid number?

Also let me throw these:

The 'enemies lvl' in question is the average, lowest or highest? Is it current lvl or mission's lvl? Is it affected by power strength? How much time do you think it would take for enemies to break through Iron Skin at various lvls (separated in a prone afk rhino and a moving rhino)?

Could you answer my questions individually instead of putting a one line remark in bold all caps? I'd greatly appreciate that. Solid numbers, please.

Equation: enemies' level (1) x 1000 = Ironskin hp(1000

Just now, Dohako said:

Equation: enemies' level (1) x 1000 = Ironskin hp(1000

Thank you for answering what 'enemies lvl' refer, be it average, lowest or highest and if it refers to current or mission lvl. Also thank you very much for answering if power strength would affect this skill. And I appreciate clarification of the thought process behind those suggestions. And I also appreciate the complete, comprehensive and mindblowing answer you gave.

Could you just admit being a troll already?

8 minutes ago, Shirazawa said:

Thank you for answering what 'enemies lvl' refer, be it average, lowest or highest and if it refers to current or mission lvl. Also thank you very much for answering if power strength would affect this skill. And I appreciate clarification of the thought process behind those suggestions. And I also appreciate the complete, comprehensive and mindblowing answer you gave.

Could you just admit being a troll already?

I will as soon as you admit you lied about rereading the exchange between me and the previous player.

Edited by Dohako

Alright, resume time:

5 hours ago, Dohako said:

I'm failing to see your point on any of the augment suggestions.

First ten posts or so.

4 hours ago, Dohako said:

And you don't see that as a problem? My main focus is on 3 things Fun, CC, and Utility. Not everything centered around ironskin.

"Totally broken and OP?" That is a large(if not the largest) over exaggeration a player can produce without any reasonable evidence to backed that statement.

I'm waiting...

Wait's over:

5 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

In a lvl 100 sortie, all Rhinos would have 100k IS from the start all the time. My Rhino Prime with 50k can survive for minutes under heavy fire without any problem, you want all Rhinos without mods have the same survivability of a 200% or 300% str Rhino.

also this quote if you want to know why it's "broken and op"

Spoiler
3 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Evidence? If you play Rhino right now you can find your evidence. If you need evidence to understand something that any Rhino player knows, then you don't play with Rhino at all. At 100k IS against a moving Rhino, it can take minutes to lvl 100 enemies remove all IS life

1- To get another 100k, a Rhino player needs to cast Ironclad and hit enough enemies to get a good buff, and they can be killed during this time making full str Rhinos balanced. If you want to recast you need to waste another mod slot.

2- To get 200% or 300% str to reach this numbers, Rhino loses a lot of efficiency and duration because of Transient Fortitude and Blind Rage

3- You need a lot of enemies around you shooting you and in a straight line to get a really good buff. High risk, High reward

4- If you do everything right and stay alive, then it rewards you with 300k or more IS and you can really be immortal. If you lose this 300k in a nullifier buble, takes a lot of skill to get that 300k again.

Now with your "suggestion":

1- Rhino don't need to waste slots with Ironclad Charge or even armor mods to get 100k IS. Against lvl 100 enemies you will get 100k on the first cast. Since you don't need Iron Shrapnel to recast, you have another free slot. If your IS is nearly ending, you don't have any vulnerable gap, you just recast and get back at 100k health maintaning invulnerability.

2- You don't need to use Transient Fortitude or Blind Rage, that means you don't have drawbacks to have huge IS numbers. You can have a efficiency build + IS and get 100k IS all the time for 25 energy or even less. With Zenurik or even Energy Siphon, you have infinite IS no problem.

3- You can get 100k IS alone without any enemies around. No Risk, high reward. Start the mission, press 2, bam! 100k IS.

4- You don't need tactics or know how to play Rhino. Just press 2 and be immortal. If your IS have 1% health, press 2 and stay immortal. If you enter a nullifier buble, kill the nullifier and recast IS, and you get back at 100k IS again.

TL:DR = OP

If you need videos or images to find these problems in your suggestions. Then please, play more with Rhino instead of giving suggestions. All these problems are easily found if you play enough time with Rhino and know how Rhino works and how players use him.

Now for page 2:

3 hours ago, Dohako said:

Then please go in depth about it because as of now it doesn't look like any thought process was put behind these suggestions, as a rhino with no strength mods would have the same, if not more survivability as a heavily specialized rhino that had to go through the trouble of setting up a good number of enemies in a straight line, align himself with them and use his 1. Besides, the duration of his stun, damage boost and/or the cost of his skills might have been affected by his build. Rhino being considered by many a good frame now, what do you think people would think if he was given a multiplicative buff? (Ex: a 10 squared (or 10 x 10) is 100)

Yeah. Where's the clarification on what "enemies' lvl" refers to, though?

1 hour ago, Dohako said:

Nobody said that. Just because they used "ferrite" doesn't mean it's armor; It's because the damage bonuses/decreases for Iron Skin are calculated from the same bonuses/decreases as ferrite armor's (or at least it seems to be what they believe).

You can take more shots if you've used Iron Skin or is inside a Snow Globe (the latter example being for shots outside the globe).

So, yah. The line isn't that consistent but it has more work put into it than every response of yours to me so far.

Also, current mood:

Spoiler
4 hours ago, Dohako said:

I'm waiting...

+ Naruto top 10 epic muzikcs xddddd 

Thank you sir.

OK, the first player was going on and on about how totally broken and op it is, but never gave a clear reason it was. So, I was trying explained to him it just a game and I'm only making suggestions. I know good and well DE isn't going to take my ideals and implement them in the game. I was also trying to figure why do I have to go through so much trouble to get decent numbers on ironskin. Especially if two other abilities' augments help out ironskin rather than themselves seems like overkill in the synergy department. The quotes didn't clear up anything it seemed more like the player was getting frustrated explaining this complicated system of getting decent numbers on ironskin. I know I didn't go in depth because its a suggestions or general ideal. I can lay out all the stats and what not, but know its not going to make it up DE as something to implement.

OK, the second player was misreading what I had type that what caused a lot of confusion on that person's part. It was simple from the beginning but once that player was talking about "EHP" I was like ironskin and armor is not the same thing which this particular subject kept recurring with different people. You can't get a EHP on a ironskin is because ironskin deals with damage absorption and not damage mitigation. Which is the reason I copied and paste the info wiki into this thread on ironskin and armor neither have anything correlation but ironskin scales off of armor.

Last, my equation is simple whatever the enemy level is that is what should be multipied by 1000. If you are going up against lvl 30 enemy/enemies the ironskin stays at 30,000 no matter if there is 1 enemy or 20 enemies at a time. It scales mainly off the enemy level and not armor. All-in-all I offered these suggestions to removed synergy from this frame which hurting it badly to more utility to its entire kit. 

1 hour ago, Shirazawa said:

Alright, resume time:

First ten posts or so.

Wait's over:

also this quote if you want to know why it's "broken and op"

Hide contents

Now for page 2:

Then please go in depth about it because as of now it doesn't look like any thought process was put behind these suggestions, as a rhino with no strength mods would have the same, if not more survivability as a heavily specialized rhino that had to go through the trouble of setting up a good number of enemies in a straight line, align himself with them and use his 1. Besides, the duration of his stun, damage boost and/or the cost of his skills might have been affected by his build. Rhino being considered by many a good frame now, what do you think people would think if he was given a multiplicative buff? (Ex: a 10 squared (or 10 x 10) is 100)

Yeah. Where's the clarification on what "enemies' lvl" refers to, though?

Nobody said that. Just because they used "ferrite" doesn't mean it's armor; It's because the damage bonuses/decreases for Iron Skin are calculated from the same bonuses/decreases as ferrite armor's (or at least it seems to be what they believe).

You can take more shots if you've used Iron Skin or is inside a Snow Globe (the latter example being for shots outside the globe).

So, yah. The line isn't that consistent but it has more work put into it than every response of yours to me so far.

Also, current mood:

Hide contents

+ Naruto top 10 epic muzikcs xddddd 

That's another thing people are going to the extreme of how insane the numbers could be like I want 100k IS against lvl 10 or something. That would be ridiculous