Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Resource Drops

Xylia

So I take it we're back to U8 resource drop levels?

DE... please consider my suggestion:

1). Double the chances resources drop from enemies, lockers, and containers.

2). Cut the amount of resources that are obtained from a pickup in half.

That way, you are more likely to run into the occasional rare resource, you are less likely to have dry missions where you only get a couple resource drops during the entire mission, and it adds more "Yay" factor.

More often than not, we're farming either mods or resources, and I don't like going through a whole mission and finding only a couple of the little yellow discs and when I Do find them, they don't give me what I wanted anyways.

Then it feels like I wasted a lot of time for nothing.

However, if the rate were doubled, I'd get that small little dose of dopamine more often when I see those little yellow discs hit the ground. I'd get rare resources a little more often (but not stupidly often like 10+ in one mission), and I'd be overall happier, even if each disc yielded fewer resources of the common types. For example, if 180 nano spores would usually drop... only 90 would drop per disc, but twice as many discs drop.

Win-Win-Win for all of us.

Please consider.

I completely agree with you. It's too time-consuming and hard to just look for one rare resource like..an orokin cell for example, and have to do 5 missions or boss runs to get 1, when you need 5+.  Getting 5+ in one mission was obviously insane, but not getting any is insane too. 

I don't think they should cut the amount of resources in a pickup in half, because getting things like ferrite would take forever, and wouldn't make much of a difference.  

Rare resources deserve a slight or moderate buff so that being able to get them in a reasonable time won't require you to buy them with platinum.

Edited by Goodking

I completely agree with you. It's too time-consuming and hard to just look for one rare resource like..an orokin cell for example, and have to do 5 missions or boss runs to get 1, when you need 5+.  Getting 5+ in one mission was obviously insane, but not getting any is insane too. 

I don't think they should cut the amount of resources in a pickup in half, because getting things like ferrite would take forever, and wouldn't make much of a difference.  

Rare resources deserve a slight or moderate buff so that being able to get them in a reasonable time won't require you to buy them with platinum.

Getting twice as many resource drops AND getting half the amount from each is the same thing as it is currently.

10 drops of 100 each = 20 drops of 50 each average.

I'd rather have the latter, because each drop is a small chance at a rare or uncommon and less chance you go through a mission and see only 3-4 drops after murdering 200 enemies and opening everything you come across.

Cutting the amount of resources in a drop wouldn't increase the chances at all. You'll just get less resources per drop...

I really do think that it's annoying to go hardcore farm something and get about 3-4 drops. DE should either increase the drop chances, or buff the rares right.. like they tried to do recently, and failed.. 

The drop rates where rares were being puked out like candy were a bug, not an intentional design. It wasn't suppose to work like that (no matter how nice it was for a time...)

That said, I'd rather just see resources drop with more frequency off of enemy kills, particularly in heavy units. I don't care about the lockers/boxes so much. That said, lowering the amount would be counter productive even with an increased drop rate, so no go for me on that front.

I've been thinking this exact change needs to happen for a while now. It would solve 2 problems at once, with more frequent drops means a better chance of seeing a rare drops AND getting common resources while we're at it.

Right now the only way you ever see drops are from containers, which means that going into the lowest level raid mission for a certain drop is the most efficient way, because killing enemies (actually playing the game) doesn't work when you want to farm something up. This doesn't mesh well with the idea that you can earn what you need while actually having fun playing the game.

It would be nice if for every 10 enemies I kill, I get 5 drops on average. Currently I can go through missions without seeing a single enemy drop, which is honestly a bad feeling.

I've been thinking this exact change needs to happen for a while now. It would solve 2 problems at once, with more frequent drops means a better chance of seeing a rare drops AND getting common resources while we're at it.

Right now the only way you ever see drops are from containers, which means that going into the lowest level raid mission for a certain drop is the most efficient way, because killing enemies (actually playing the game) doesn't work when you want to farm something up. This doesn't mesh well with the idea that you can earn what you need while actually having fun playing the game.

It would be nice if for every 10 enemies I kill, I get 5 drops on average. Currently I can go through missions without seeing a single enemy drop, which is honestly a bad feeling.

Welcome to my world. On Europa, I picked up a Rare resource disk. Get this, It Was MORPHICS! Those Amorphous solids can't be found on Europa. How many goons do I have to slaughter to get one stinking Control Module?

Edited by AdeptJR

Agreed the resources like nano spores drop too commonly and getting resources  like neurodes, control mods and morphics are extremely difficult and are most likely obtainable through boss battles and even if it drops it's 1/8 chance because nano spores and detonite ampule/fieldron samples keep spamming it

DE should add resources reward onto alert.

that or add another kinda of alert mission, lets... say reinforcement? make it defense mission with some common/uncommon/rare resources as reward

would kinda solve the problem to 0 drop in a few days. 

Frankly, I had loaded up warframe to pick up an Alert; and then afterwords looked at my foundry.  And to build anything, I need (always) 2-3 rare resources.  Which means, realistically, I have to farm bosses for hours.

I closed warframe.

The drop rates of rare resources are way too rare, especially from missions; I could easily settle in and play through a system in that two hours, and if I was going to get 2-3 whatever from running the system missions I could do that and it wouldn't feel like mindless farming, but no - I'm lucky to get one rare resource running an entire system, and in order to play the game I'd have to just farm some boss, which isn't even playing the game, it's just tedium running through a mission to assassinate one guy only to find out he dropped a fieldron sample.

(As a note, did anyone else feel like materials dropping became about 600% worse when they introduced the clan materials and added the damn things to the drop tables for bosses? I never have too few clan materials and they're as disheartening to see as the basic materials, maybe even more.)

I'm not looking for instant gratification here, just a way to feel like I'm progressing through the game when I play it.  I can't play the suits and weapons I really enjoy already and progress because you don't earn mastery points when you play a 30 weapon (even if you forma it and relevel it); and I can't take those weapons and run through some old missions to see rare material drops because 90% of the time they only drop from the sector boss in any reasonable rate whatsoever. So now you're asking me to run through the same mission 10-20 times to kill one guy and hope his single-digit percentage chance drops rare material, just so I can build a suit I'm not nearly as interested in as I am my Ash, just so I can get mastery ranks and someday use the Ogris, (which I have to farm tons of materials and wait 4.5 days between detonite and ogris build time).

And that's supposed to compete for my attention with all the new games I got from the Steam sale?  That's not going to happen, and that's why I closed out warframe today rather than farm. Also, 10 plat for 1 rare material is a train robbery scenario.

Edited by Iceciro

I'm completely with Iceciro on this one. I love this game, I really do, and it shows with how much money I've already tossed DE's way, because I really want to see Warframe succeed. That said, I do not see a good future for Warframe, at all, if things keep going in the direction of "Farm for hours, if you're lucky you won't end up with fifteen Fieldron Samples, a ton of Polymer Bundles, and pretty much nothing else." Having to fight a boss for sixteen hours straight just to get the component BLUEPRINTS for Rhino is not something that should happen.

Not only did I have to spend sixteen hours repeatedly running past a bunch of Corpus, killing only the ones that are in my way and shooting at me; I had to collect the materials I didn't have, with each part requiring one of something that only bosses drop at anything resembling an acceptable rate. I use "acceptable" loosely here, because really, when a boss is dropping clan materials half the time, the rare resource 1/100 of the time, and a common or uncommon material in the /same quantity that normal, jobber enemies drop it if you get lucky,/ it feels less like a reward, and more like spinning a wheel at the carnival and having the carny use a switch to make sure the wheel stops on a rock with a face drawn on it every time.

I don't want things for free; I'm more than willing to pay, but when I spend an entire day working toward something, only to find out I have to wait twelve hours for the Rhino components to build, then /three days/ for Rhino himself to build, assuming I arrive exactly when the parts finish, to save some time, I start to wonder why I'm doing this. I start to wonder why I'm supporting this business model. Worse, when I would check in and see that Rhino still needed a couple more days to build, I found that through all three days, the game had a little button inviting me to spend real money to rush the process. The catch being that it costs the same amount no matter when in the build process you rush, so the only time you'd get anything close to your money's worth from it is if you rush the build a second after you start it. Otherwise, you're just watching some of your money tick away with each second. $3.75 US of real money of Platinum, in the case of a Warframe, should you rush that.

Sure, you could say, "Oh, if you don't want to farm for hours, just buy frames, weapons, and resources with Platinum!" I have done /exactly/ that, excluding the resources, because I find spending 30 Platinum, nearly $2.50 US, for 3000 Salvage, more than a bit disgusting.

To date, I've bought the following:

"What Stalker?" pack

Nyx

Saryn

Vauban

Nova

A few Tower Key packs

Orokin Catalysts and Reactors for most of my weapons and all of my current frames, of which I've built a large majority of.

Forma, most of which has gone to clan rooms and building clan weapons, which each require 1x Forma, though the rooms used to cost a lot more.

Hunter Founder pack, planning to upgrade to the next tier.

I want this game to succeed; I don't want to constantly be told to spend more money than the sizeable amount I've already put into this game, for anything resembling progress.

Edited by Metal_Izanagi

lots of words

Thank you, Metal!

I was going to make a thread around this topic but you've put my thoughts into words for me. And quite eloquently too.

I've also contributed a decent amount to Warframe/DE and it's a bit depressing to see the greed start to set in. Hopefully things get worked out but it needs to be soon. I'm having to convince friends to play now where before they would in on it without me. The grinding is getting to them and the rewards (especially rare resources) have been reduced too much.

I also seem to have a similar view to yours about spending plat on resources that should be available by playing the game. Paying for resources from the market is asking players to bypass actual gameplay. That's a really bad idea for a game that's meant to be played.

edit. Just wanted to add, I had a much better outlook on the situation when it was hinted on a livestream that resource boosters could be bought like credit and affinity boosters. At least that still gets people playing for mats.

Edited by Krjal

you know what &!$$es me off? tht con mods are easier to farm than orokin cells and you need less of them.

things like this in this game make me sooooo mad but the game is soooooo good 

its the reason i have to take a break from this game every once in a while to cool off but it just makes the game even more fun when i come back

im rambling again...... xD

Edited by Zoike

The fact that threads relating to changing/modifying/adjusting the resource drops keep showing up indicate to me this isn't a personal problem; on the contrary, it's quite widespread. And most of the people posting this sort of thing have backer symbols; they're not the free-to-play kiddies.

Frankly, I spent fifty bucks on this game, in a founder package; that's more than I spend on most AAA titles (because especially singleplayer games I wait for a sale on). I -want- to play this game. But I want to do it in a manner that allows for fun AND progression instead of Fun or MINDLESS BOSS FARMING FOR A CARNIVAL SPIN ON THE MATERIAL WHEEL.

This is just anecdotal conjecture since I have no statistics to back this up, but rare resources like morphics, neurodes, etc. seem to be dropping more frequently from bosses and I even saw a +2 control module drop from Hyena over the weekend.

However, I've had less than 500 plastids drop since the time U9 hit and rubedo seems to be less common as well although that hasn't been as aggravating since I haven't had to use any of the rubedo I've previously stocked up.

My only other issue right now are nano-spores. They drop in higher frequency and quantity than everything else but are rarely used.

After every assassination mission, you are given a token that belongs to the raid boss as a fixed mission reward.

X amount of tokens can be traded for X boss resource or BP.

For example.

Vor Token.

4 Vor Tokens =  1 Morphics

5 Vor Tokens = Cronus

10 to 12 Vor Tokens = Seer BP

10 to 12 Vor Tokens = Seer Pistol Receiver

10 to 12 Vor Tokens = Seer Pistol Barrel

So at worst, it would take you 30 to 36 runs to get a completed Seer pistol which is grindy enough IMO.

Of course if you lucked out with 1 component earlier, congratulations you need to farm 10 to 12 rounds less :p

Edited by fatpig84

honestly the thing I would suggest is they add resource "bundles" as mission rewards, and all missions should have a reward.

currently spy,capture,raid give a garbage mod or banshee BP, why can't sabotage, rescue,deception, and mobile defense give something?

Would it be so bad as a mission reward to get...

3-5x common

2-3x uncommon

1-2x rare 

mats of planet as a reward?

honestly the thing I would suggest is they add resource "bundles" as mission rewards, and all missions should have a reward.

currently spy,capture,raid give a garbage mod or banshee BP, why can't sabotage, rescue,deception, and mobile defense give something?

Would it be so bad as a mission reward to get...

3-5x common

2-3x uncommon

1-2x rare 

mats of planet as a reward?

That could work for Alerts.

In fact it would be better than the credit only alerts.....

+1 for the alert ideas. Do away with the worthless credit alerts, and give them some medium amount of resource rewards. With the higher level / harder alerts giving out more or rare recources.

Well, while reading this I hear the sounds... of Wild West. The sound of new mission type. The sound off ROBBERY.

Not much of a difference though, you rushing to the vault and then it takes some time to pack goods. The trick is, it's not being done by some sort of machine, Tennos packing it with their hand so it's vital to find balance between carriers and security. Or, as alternative, making it to the vault without raising a noise leads to painless. quick packing. This will kill 3 birds with just one stone: Stealth encourage, little bit different, more team-synergising experience and another source of resources.

Cutting the amount of resources in a drop wouldn't increase the chances at all. You'll just get less resources per drop...

I really do think that it's annoying to go hardcore farm something and get about 3-4 drops. DE should either increase the drop chances, or buff the rares right.. like they tried to do recently, and failed.. 

This actually isnt correct.

If you have a 10% chance to find resources upon opening a container, and you get 200 of the resource. You could run a whole map and only get just that 200 or none at all.

If you have a 60% chance but only get like 30 each time, you're probably going to find a handful of resources on every single mission. Which is how it should be.

It boils down to, would you rather roll some dice to win a glass of water? Or would you rather hold a bucket under an ever leaking tap?

I would choose the tap, because you're for sure that you're making slow steady progress in getting materials, Instead of gambling for it.

But if you wanted those rare resources you could just use Warframes p2convenience model and get them from the market

Not everybody wants to pay $$$$ to circumvent playing the game?

I mean, that's a pretty crappy model anyways. "Pay $$$$ to get things without playing the game".

I mean, seriously.

I can understand taking out a little pain here and there, but eh? I don't want to be buying all of the 40-some neurodes weapons and helms take at 10 plat each, nor do I want to be trying to make the corpus clan guns at 7-10 control modules each and doing it all by platinum.

But yet, on the flipside, I don't like going 20-50 missions and coming up dry on what I need, either.

Edited by Xylia

Right, the problem with the p2convincence model isn't that I can pay to get stuff... I mean, I paid for every color scheme the game has available to me.

The problem is I'm paying to NOT PLAY THE GAME.

I want the game play and reward system to be more enjoyable, not something that's so bloody excruciating I want to avoid it alltogether. I want there to be a reasonable way to PLAY THE GAME for enjoyment WHILE GETTING STUFF TO ADVANCE.

Sure, I  could drop an hours worth of money made at work into plat and then into materials and avoid having to grind, but THIS IS A VIDEO GAME.  Why would I pay to not play? Instead, PLAYING SHOULD BE THE REWARD. I should find the very act of playing the video game to be enjoyable, and it's not right now, because the needed rare materials are only available in tedious and boring ways, and THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

Also, I support the idea that the alerts that currently drop only credits should instead give 2-4 RARE materials. Note, RARE materials, not 'here's a chance to get some materials OH LOOK NANO SPORES."