Trading 101

(PSN)LundEbdrup95

Question

7 answers to this question

Just now, (PS4)LundEbdrup95 said:

Can I ask what Rivens are?

Slightly spoiler-ish but not really

Spoiler

They are special mods with multiple stats of up to four, that become avaliable as a sortie reward after you complete the War Within quest. Speaking of which, sorties are also unavaliable untill the complition of said quest.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)LundEbdrup95 said:

Hi, I'm new to trading in this game. Is there a kind soul that wanna explain the basics and what to look out for when trading. 

Hi Lund,

Welcome to Warframe. When it comes to trading, things can seem daunting as a new player. However, I follow these few personal guideline to minimize the toxicity from people.

1. Be respectful.
    • As a buyer - if you don't like a price offered, respectfully say "No, thank you" or NTY and counter-offer or move on.
    • As a seller - if someone offer you lower price than you want, you can counter-offer, say nty, or move on.
    • Either way - don't need to use foul language, no need for laughing, no need for argument.
  2. Know your Price.
    • Whether buying or selling, be firm with your price. Warframe has a free market where prices are determine by who's willing to buy and who's willing to sell. There's no "right" price. The risk is not being able to sell if you set your prices too high or buy if your prices are too low.
    • Observe the trade chat and see what prices other people are buying and selling. If you don't like those numbers, don't feel pressure to buy/sell at those prices if you're uncomfortable (especially for primed parts).
    • For example: 2 years ago, Rhino Prime was selling for 40-50P per set. I didn't like the prices because I didn't think 50P was enough for the amount of "work" I put in to gather all the parts (sooo many long and boring T2 MD for Neuroptics). Now, he's worth 300-500P a set and I have almost 15 sets.  
  3. Know when to walk away
    • At anytime that you feel uncomfortable during a negotiation, walk away. There are always other people to trade with.
  4. Realize that there are always "jerk" anywhere. Respectfully IGNORE them.
    • People are people and you WILL run into a toxic person. Respectful end the conversation with them and if they persist, use the IGNORE function.
  5. Know the "HOT" items
    • Currently, it's Riven and Arcane Enhancements.
    • During the first week of new Prime Access, it's the new Prime Access items (currently Oberon Prime, Silva and Aegis Prime, Sybaris Prime) 
    • Vaulted Primes
    • Used to be Event Mods 

There are more, but I think it's enough for you to digest for now. As a general hint, take your time and enjoy the game. Everything will come. No need to rush. Good luck.

59 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Don't expect a lot besides Rivens, honestly ever sence they were implemented trade chat has been flooded with them.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Hi Lund,

Welcome to Warframe. When it comes to trading, things can seem daunting as a new player. However, I follow these few personal guideline to minimize the toxicity from people.

1. Be respectful.
    • As a buyer - if you don't like a price offered, respectfully say "No, thank you" or NTY and counter-offer or move on.
    • As a seller - if someone offer you lower price than you want, you can counter-offer, say nty, or move on.
    • Either way - don't need to use foul language, no need for laughing, no need for argument.
  2. Know your Price.
    • Whether buying or selling, be firm with your price. Warframe has a free market where prices are determine by who's willing to buy and who's willing to sell. There's no "right" price. The risk is not being able to sell if you set your prices too high or buy if your prices are too low.
    • Observe the trade chat and see what prices other people are buying and selling. If you don't like those numbers, don't feel pressure to buy/sell at those prices if you're uncomfortable (especially for primed parts).
    • For example: 2 years ago, Rhino Prime was selling for 40-50P per set. I didn't like the prices because I didn't think 50P was enough for the amount of "work" I put in to gather all the parts (sooo many long and boring T2 MD for Neuroptics). Now, he's worth 300-500P a set and I have almost 15 sets.  
  3. Know when to walk away
    • At anytime that you feel uncomfortable during a negotiation, walk away. There are always other people to trade with.
  4. Realize that there are always "jerk" anywhere. Respectfully IGNORE them.
    • People are people and you WILL run into a toxic person. Respectful end the conversation with them and if they persist, use the IGNORE function.
  5. Know the "HOT" items
    • Currently, it's Riven and Arcane Enhancements.
    • During the first week of new Prime Access, it's the new Prime Access items (currently Oberon Prime, Silva and Aegis Prime, Sybaris Prime) 
    • Vaulted Primes
    • Used to be Event Mods 

There are more, but I think it's enough for you to digest for now. As a general hint, take your time and enjoy the game. Everything will come. No need to rush. Good luck.

Wow thanks, you guys have helped me a lot!