Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage Mitigation and Armor Reduction Interactions

Valkyr-Umbra

Question

I'm curious how damage mitigation and armor interact mathematically.

For example, if I run a nekros prime with 65 armor, and I run Health Conversion, when it's at 3 stacks, I should have 1415 armor for 82.5% damage reduction, right? (450x3)+65+300)/(1415+300)

If I then put on put blind rage/power drift/shield of shadows, I should give 90% of the damage I take to my summons/reduce my damage taken by a further 90%. So, does this happen after armor, meaning that I would be taking a total of 1.75% dmg/I have 98.25 dmg reduction (1-0.825)x(1-0.9) 

Would my minions be taking 17.5%dmg/have 82.5% dmg reduction before their own armor stat comes into play?

As another wrinkle, if there is a trinity on my team with power-strength blessing, while that's up, I should have another 50% damage reduction. Would that let me reach a total of 99.125 damage reduction? Would Blessing reduce damage before its transferred to my minions? (1-0.825)x(1-0.5)x(1-0.9)

Also, if I ran this with a maxed vitality/primed flow/quick thinking, would I have an effective health of 199,677.4? (((531x2.4)+740)x99.125)

Basically, I'm wondering if my understanding of all this is correct, and if not, I'm hoping someone could help me understand it. Thanks a bunch :D

1 answer to this question

Buff based mitigation like Nekros and Trinity Blessing function as a layer either before or after armor / shields.

Since Shields of Shadows converts damage dealt to Nekros into Shadows one would assume it's after armor. Meaning the Pets would take reduced damage and then have their own armor to reduce the damage further. Of course assuming a mod does what it says in this game can be foolish. It could very well function before other mitigations since it's mechanically a buff and those usually take place first. ie Nidus Link, Blessing, Shatter Shield.

Blessing functions as a layer before other layers. Blessing > Armor > SoS. Ideally. However I've never tested these two buffs together.

Edited by Xzorn