Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus augment idea

LAWD

6 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

in order for that to work, the devs woudl first have to create new moddles for base infested using grineer moddles. all the infested are corpus moddles

Not all.  Chargers are clearly grineer lancers (look at the face).  Most are from corpus though and that's fine.  Only those specific units that already have an infested counterpart would become said infested.  All others could get a more generalized infestedness, or simply become a random infested that has no obvious counterpart (like ancients or boilers etc..)

Other than the animations specific to infested with clear origins, it wouldn't be that difficult, time consuming perhaps, but I think it would be worthwhile.  Of course that's just me.

3 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

well they are, the only update they really got was when they changed sorties

I should also point out that those clouds of toxin deal status overtime. Sorta helps with the munching

Just now, Xekrin said:

Not all.  Chargers are clearly grineer lancers (look at the face).  Most are from corpus though and that's fine.  Only those specific units that already have an infested counterpart would become said infested.  All others could get a more generalized infestedness, or simply become a random infested that has no obvious counterpart (like ancients or boilers etc..)

Other than the animations specific to infested with clear origins, it wouldn't be that difficult, time consuming perhaps, but I think it would be worthwhile.  Of course that's just me.

i guess that would work, but it shouldt spawn ancients, the whole point of those is that they are infested who have festered for the millennium(?) sense the old war finished and the infestation died down until alad v

Just now, Xekrin said:

Ah, very true.  Plus ancients suck anyway. 

not true, toxic ancients can do large amounts of dmg to large number of enemies, healers can provide insane amounts of dmg recudction reducing my 2 million dmg/hit vectis to 2 dmg a hit and the others are basically useless yeah

Just now, Xekrin said:

Ah, very true.  Plus ancients suck anyway. 

only way i can see this working is the nest is  replaced with an ancient that can release maggots and follows you around. Has his own health and duration. Think he'd also still have the healing part down

8 hours ago, LAWD said:

So I've been playing a lot of Nidus lately, and i have come up with suggestions to make game-play a bit diverse or similar:

•  Virulence augment- Nidus performs ability as per usual, however after the patch of infested-spikes disappear, a path of Toxin based acid is left behind. Id imagine it having a cloud produce from this said path like 'hot coffee'. Enemies that cross into the path have a chance to proc'd Corrosive/Toxin. Clouds only do damage over time
  • Another Virulence augment- As Nidus performs the ability, just as he stomps the ground, has a chance to knockdown enemies in a radius. Enemies could as well stay down for a certain duration/or not. It could be like a lesser stomp.

So i haven't ocme up with creative names for abilities yet, welcome and thanks for looking .

I have an idea for the tentacle ball power. for an augment, the ball continuously sucks in enemies, but at a cost of something..

13 hours ago, LAWD said:

If that were the case, he'd get stacks too fast . His 2 can already pull a lot of enemies to one point and then use virulence on them

He can already get stacks incredibly fast.  This wouldn't change much of anything.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)JashinWorshiper said:

I have an idea for the tentacle ball power. for an augment, the ball continuously sucks in enemies, but at a cost of something..

Maybe something like Larva continuously grabs enemies that enter it's range, only to immediately drop them when they reach the center.  Enemies can be grabbed again after so many seconds.  Make the hold duration affected by duration, and the grab reset interval inversely affected by duration.  Enemies get grabbed, dropped in the center, and repeatedly picked up and dropped again (effectively repeated knockdowns).

I've been playing a lot of Nidus lately, too, and I am loving him already, such a tank with decent CC, healing, buffing and damage.

But I also realise that his damage from Virulence and maggots explosion is reduced so much by high level armor scaling, otherwise he'll be a perfect endgame frame. So I hope his augment mods somehow help him strip armor.

Edited by Doomerang

12 minutes ago, Doomerang said:

I've been playing a lot of Nidus lately, too, and I am loving him already, such a tank with decent CC, healing, buffing and damage.

But I also realise that his damage from Virulence and maggots explosion is reduced so much by high level armor scaling, otherwise he'll be a perfect endgame frame. So I hope his augment mods somehow help him strip armor.

That's the main goal, especially in the beginning of high level missions when you don't have a stacks to scale you. Corrossive procs to strip armor ofcourse, for certain duration.

39 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

Maybe something like Larva continuously grabs enemies that enter it's range, only to immediately drop them when they reach the center.  Enemies can be grabbed again after so many seconds.  Make the hold duration affected by duration, and the grab reset interval inversely affected by duration.  Enemies get grabbed, dropped in the center, and repeatedly picked up and dropped again (effectively repeated knockdowns).

It could be that it grabs enemies at a limit. After limit is reached, it goes on to grab more enemies, and drops the first batch of enemies down. Lets say it grabs 12 enemies first then drops them, and cycles again.

I love the idea of enemies killed turning into infested serving Nidus. Just so what they did in The Pacifism Defect, enemy dies, spawns a crysalis, and then an infested hatches. If its a grinerr, you get a charger, if its a corpus, you get a leaper, proxies and pets dont turn. Infested do the same thing. A charger dies, a crysalis spawns and a charger pops out. Call it the Helminth strain rewiring the original strain.

An augment I could see being done, that would be cool, would be if Virulence leaves behind a patch infested ground identical to ravenous. Any ally who stands on it gets the same benefits as on regular ravenous ground. This would let you really spread the infestation and be a little more mobile when you are defending a location and confined to your patch of territory. 

Another augment, or something that could be added to the one above, could be that when virulence kills an enemy it has a chance to spawn a maggot.