Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does Chroma even need a rework?

(PSN)Khrysamere

if something happens, i would imagine it's because Vex Armor and Ice Ward are the entire Warframe. the rest of it is hyperniche at best, but more of it is just objectively pointless rather than useful.

'course as always a lot of that can be compensated for by allowing Chroma to change Elementals in Mission.... the Color theme is about adapting to situations anyways, and that would let Chroma actually adapt to situations.
that tidies up most of the problems in one fell swoop! mega bonus pts if you can have a different Elemental on each of the 3 Abilities that are Elemental tuned.

then all that's left is that regardless of Elemental Spectral Scream lacks purpose (especially with the penalty attributed), and Effigy is basically just a big Decoy, it applies some CC (since you're always using Ice anyways) but it's mostly just a distraction.

1 hour ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

The answer is he Doesn't need a rework the only questionable thing that chroma has is his first ability which numerous warframes have weak first abilities. that's nothing new so leave him the way he is.

ya but there weak abilities dont hamper them to use. chroma one slows you down and prevents you from using any other form of action or attack. at least other frames 'weak' one abilities have one handed casting with some kind of quick CC attached to it. (nova would be the only other weak one near chromas lvl)

Really the only thing I'm afraid of is Chroma getting a bad rework. If they rework him and they: A: Make him Just as Good or Better. & B: Keep him simple to use and not overly complex. Then that would be great, I would have no complaints, problem is we won't know until the rework gets released.

I'd be a bit more optimistic about a Chroma rework if DE's track record with their past reworks wasn't so hit and miss, just look at Mag and Saryn. Hell a lot of people aren't very happy with the recent Oberon rework for crying out loud.

I'm going to be completely honest, if it was up to me to decide whether or not Chroma was going to get a rework or not and there was a 50/50 chance he was either going to be just as good/better or worse, I would keep things the way they are solely because as of now he's a spectacular frame and is usable. If you guys noticed my wording for this Topic I said "Why does Chroma need a rework?" and that's something a lot of you guys overlooked, sure a lot of you may want a rework for him, but as of now like I've said multiple times hes one of the best frames in the game (even if some of you think he's boring, though a lot of frames can be labeled that: Quake Banshee, WoF Ember, Slova, Blade Storm Ash, ect.) and a rework isn't needed, wanted maybe, but not needed as he isn't unusable as of now.

Edited by (PS4)Khrysamere

8 hours ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

The answer is he Doesn't need a rework the only questionable thing that chroma has is his first ability which numerous warframes have weak first abilities. that's nothing new so leave him the way he is.

Cant agree. Have you ever used effigy? If you can point me to a video of effigy actually doing anything post lvl 30 enemies , please share. Id like to see what Im doing wrong.

Because he's incredibly dull. He's got a short-range aura (which might as well be a self-buff), a passive buff, a sentry turret, and a garbage 1 (the worst ability in the game, IMO). He's also not super consistent as a tanky, since he has massive periods of vulnerability. Inaros and Nidus are far more consistent at tanking than Chroma is, since you need to head to cover when Vex Armor runs out. 

I'd like to see him be an actual dragon knight and feel like an unstoppable beast, flying from about and spewing fire, but he's just dull as is (much like Wukong, who can't die, but is rather boring to play as). 

On 2017-6-9 at 5:48 PM, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

Took the words right out of my mouth.